ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:41 pm
@Eva,
<there in spirit>
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How are you getting to Cuba, ci? Do you have to transfer out of country?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:51 pm
@Ceili,
Yes. The idiocy of the embargo on Cuba is that Americans can't spend US dollars in Cuba, but is allowed to go to Cuba through several American travel companies (that are licensed). How do they think they're paying for their trips? Russian rubles?

Just plain stupid! If they stay in Cuba for 10 to 12 days, and must pay for food, transportation, and accommodations, the Cuban economy is "earning" US dollars.

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:41 pm
never understood :

http://www.suburbanwifelife.com/wp-content/uploads/sagging.jpg
roger

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 11:00 pm
@shewolfnm,
Me too. If you're not on safari, you don't need flaps and buttons on the pockets.

Oh, you meant the three belt loops? Yeah, one in the center and spread the other two across the posterior.
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 01:59 pm
@chai2,
Tattoos and piercing are simply art, subjective to each individuals taste and perception.

On a random thought, I've always wondered that getting piercings is just asking for trouble. Cause if I was a mafia boss, or some gang lord's interrogator, all I have to do is take pliers, and slowly rip of each piercing slowly out to gain info.
The more piercings the better, for the interrogator, or even in a fight.
Val Killmore

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 02:02 pm
@shewolfnm,
I heard somewhere that such a fashion was copied from gangsters, who did so because it was easier to rape (in prison or in the ghetto street, I forget).

But it is a stupid logic since sagging pants will hamper rape suspect from fleeing from the cops.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 02:48 pm
@Val Killmore,
In my televison watching days, it seemed like there was always some cop asking a victim if the perpetrator had any identifying marks. Well, duh!
0 Replies