Allergy - itchy red bumps and big size red spots appearing

Sili256

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2012 04:45 pm
I have these little red bumps which itch badly , and as well two bigger red bumps situated next to eachother,and then another one similar to those in another place, for approximately 7 weeks, been taking allergy medicine 3 times given by the dermatologists, who said it was insect bites.As well used a cream which helped the biggest 3 "bump bites" to go away , but then they started growing again . I am only feeling worse now,more and more red bumps and itching more, and starting today a big irregular red spot appeared on my leg which is not itchy actually.I have some incredible neck pains as well associated with this.I noticed that today i got bitten by mosquitos too,and i have 2 more bigger bumps on leg now,the same leg where the big red spot appeared . i DONT really know what to do anymore,knowing that as well i have a several health issues too,but none should be connected to this. Anyone has any ideas what i could do , and at least treat the itching as well?

JLNobody

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 09:56 am
@Sili256,
Change your dermatologist.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 10:54 am
@JLNobody,
Yes. JL is right.
See someone else right away, seven weeks and now things are getting worse?

not good.

Joe(go now)Nation
Sili256

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 10:54 am
@JLNobody,
I consulted three different ones,it doesn t get anywhere
Sili256

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 11:01 am
@Joe Nation,
I am planning to see an allergist /tropical diseases doc,sometime soon,but i cant for now that's the thing.But even the dermatologists didnt give me anything proper for my itching at least,had some creams which didn t work, and a menthol mixture which only worked for couple minutes as long as it was cold.Cuz with one month before i got all this,i went in vacation in costa rica,maybe that is connected.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 11:02 am
@Sili256,
does your dermatologist know about your other health conditions? Have you spoken with him/her since to let them know this doesn't seem to be helping? If so, I agree see a new dermatologist....also have you talked with your primary care doctor about this? If it isn't skin related maybe a primary care doctor could also help

Oops you have since responded - check with your doctor first, but when I had an itching issue (due to something else) and my daughter had hives, they recommended taking benedryl for the itching.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 11:05 am
@Sili256,
Well, then we know it not allergies......
or you picked three doctors who are not doing their job.

Do they all agree it's insect bites?
What kind of insect?
Have they done a culture to see if it is an allergic reaction or have you (via the insect) contracted some biological agent (bacterium, virus, protozoa).

I am sorry you are in this difficulty and hope you find a solution soon; in many cases like this, it takes a lot of effort and research on the part of the patient to find out what is really going on.

Make a list of everything you eat.
Make a list of everything you wear.
Check out every kind of cleaning agent used on your clothes, your sheets, your towels, especially anything that comes in contact with the affected areas.
Do you have any pets? Do they spend a lot of time outside?
Do you spend a lot of time outside?

Examine your world.

Joe(it's attacking you.)Nation

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 11:08 am
benedryl

good call

Make sure they know about Costa Rica.

Joe(go)Nation
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 11:32 am
@Joe Nation,
True about many times it is difficult to find what can be causing something.

My daughter had an outbreak of hives. In the middle of night she calls out from the bathroom, I think somethings wrong. I run in - her face is swollen and has all these hives. I call the doctor - it connects to the hospital at that time. A doctor comes on and asks a series of questions - more to make sure she can breathe, etc.

Once confirmed she is not in dire need of medical attention - he explains that hives can occur from an allergy or virsus. To take benadryl and they should go away. It worked. Then a day later while we are out at lunch another break out - I mean it looked horrible. I called the doctor and bring her - she says the same thing, but that often times if it is viral, it just goes away on its in own and more often than not, they never discover what causes it.

Well it did a few days later it stopped and has never occured again - this was over 5 years ago.
0 Replies

Sili256

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 11:52 am
@Linkat,
Actually yes,the first doctor i have ever seen about this was primary doctor,she gave me the first allergy medicine,but she didn t know what was about though.Then each time i went to the dermatologists i showed them my paper with all conditions,but when they looked at the main three big bumps they said it was bite,didn t say what kind of bite though.And they didn t say much about all the other bumps.I ''try and go to the pharmacy tomorrow and get benedryl then,thank u for your tip.
0 Replies

Sili256

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 12:02 pm
@Joe Nation,
One was conf.professor doctor derma., but you may be right, i ve been years thru my health issues ,and RARELY good doctors,after 4 -5 years of researching i finally got to see a GREAT doctor which helped me,but now she is in holiday.
They all said insects, two said "may " be insect bites, one said directly insect bites. I have a low immunity as well.That s the issues,they done no tests,and didn t even suggest!
I am sort of a health freak since ever with these problems ,so i pay attention to all i eat( im a vegetarian as well). I stay away from allergen foods,i use baby soap instead of any other kind of soap or shower gel,i dont use cream,only the ones given from them.Though i use still detergent,not the same one,but kinda have to use one! And its true clothing makes it so much worse,especially if its hot, and i sweat a little , the bumps and the itching get much much worse. And i was wondering as well, i have three dogs and one cat, and i do stay outside in garden each single day. I tried few days to only stay inside ,but it wouldnt go away still anyway. I was thinking since my immunity is very low as well, and i might have been bitten by something but no matter what pills i take if immunity wont help me get better ,it aint gonna happen,; another thing i was thinking was the Costa Rica tropical fruits and things like this,or maybe even get to be bitten there,dont know, third was wondering about BED BUGS?i dont know much about that though.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 12:55 pm
@Sili256,
It's not bed bugs. You would have had them all over you by now.
I'm not criticizing you but I've seen this happen to "health freaks" before, by being a bit too clean, you may have lowered your systems ability to fight off the regular dirty stuff of life.

It doesn't sound like a reaction to Costa Rican food, that would be well out of your system by now. I think I would stop the garden stays unless you are covered head to foot (and hands).
Use mosquito repellent when outside, even to go to the mailbox.

Some medications/ health suppliements can make mosquito bites worse. Again, make sure your doctor(s) understands what you are ingesting, including vitamins and bee pollen and anything else you taking.

Joe(drink lots of water)Nation
Sili256

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 02:21 pm
@Joe Nation,
Right,ok . Unfortunately the "health freak" way is the only way i can live,with all my other conditions. I think i''ll do this, i will try and stay indoor mostly , and use something against mosquitos ,and i m going to the pharmacy tomorrow asking for benadryl and the other against insects. And i think i ll wait for my doctor to come back from holiday which is in more than a week, rather than waste my time going to other doctors that will say same things and give me a treatment that wont work again , as it happened 80% of the time when i had to see a doctor, and to say even if i m young i've seen a dozen of them. At least if my itching gets better, i wont have a problem. Thank you for your replies ,appreciated.
Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 02:57 pm
@Sili256,
also when you go to the pharmacy - make sure with the pharmacist that with anything else you may be taking that it is ok to take benadryl
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 03:09 pm
I'm a sort of allergic person (early vasomotor rhinitis, that is, in my late teens, many allergies (64), subsequent but not terrible asthma, asthma after swimming a mile and sometimes after running four, asthma after walking a lot in winter (and often not reacting), big reactions to bug bites, hives off and on, eczema forever, it seems. Even tiny ant bites get me and can last and last.

A) don't scratch
B) talk with the main doctor soon as you can.
0 Replies

lucas22

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 03:52 am
Itchy red bumps can sometimes be the result of an allergic reaction. Allergic reactions occur when the body mistakenly mounts a defensive response to an object or substance that is not harmful to most people.
engineer

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 05:56 am
@lucas22,
lucas22 wrote:

Itchy red bumps can sometimes be the result of an allergic reaction. Allergic reactions occur when the body mistakenly mounts a defensive response to an object or substance that is not harmful to most people.

If you are going to quote an Internet source, you should at least give credit.
0 Replies

Sili256

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 06:00 pm
@Sili256,
Found out what it is . Scabies.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 06:10 pm
@Sili256,
Glad you found out, and thanks for telling us.

Once I worked on a museum project where our design group was in a university building, a kind of rustic side building. All of us started scratching - it turned out to be mites. In that situation, the university took care of ridding the building of them.
Eva

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 06:18 pm
@Sili256,
Great! Something easily curable!