@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
Joe(Now you've got me all cattywampus.)Nation

You are clearly an Okie at heart ...
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 04:52 am
@Ticomaya,
I learned to speak the native language.

Sometimes, if I am tired, I will drift into East Osage with a bit of Tulsan and heads snap around the New York restaurant to see who tawking like that.

Joe( Cool )Nation
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 05:33 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Yes,,,, asideaways is spelled correctly.

YES SIR! YES SIR IT IS SPELLED CORRECTLY! Very Happy

Quote:
asideaways 1 thumb up

{a-sahyd-a-weyz} Can also be spelled as assideaways.

The goofy skewed way certain people wear their baseball or trucker hats.
Example:
I have seen some guys wearing Skoal hats on asideaways, but they were more like apes with hats on.

Keywords:
sideways askew stupid looking hats goofy hat wearing hipsters asideways rednecks
by Tsaraskewed Oct 11, 2012

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asideaways
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 07:58 am
@tsarstepan,
Thanks, tsar. It's a word that should be famous.

Joe(I'm going to try and use it again today.)Nation
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 08:04 am
Innocent until proven guilty! Just in case RUN monkey! Razz

http://www.floridatoday.com/viewart/20121012/NEWS01/310120047/St-Pete-residents-say-wild-monkey-needs-go

Quote:
ST. PETERSBURG St. Petersburg residents who live near a wild monkey say the primate needs to go, now that it has bit a woman.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that the monkey resides in an area of tall trees and overgrown bushes in the southern part of the city. When the branches rattle loudly, neighbors know he’s there.

The monkey has been on the lam for two years — wildlife officials have tried to catch him — but on Monday, the monkey bit a 60-year-old woman.

Wildlife officials think the biting incident occurred because some neighbors fed the monkey.

On Thursday, the trap rescuers set near the victim’s house remained empty except for a bag of fruit and sandwiches.
jespah

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 08:12 am
@jcboy,
You'll never take me alive, copper!
http://lh3.ggpht.com/__jJVmEEWTqM/TIk-SYRw9XI/AAAAAAAAAh8/DMPFB6e2d7M/monkey-revenge.jpg
Eva

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 08:22 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

...Sometimes, if I am tired, I will drift into East Osage with a bit of Tulsan and heads snap around the New York restaurant to see who tawking like that.

As my mother would say: "Pay them no mind, they're just jealous." Wink
jcboy

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 09:05 am
@jespah,
Monkey stay. People go. Cool
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 09:25 am
@Eva,
Shouldn't that be "Pay them no nevermind.... ." or is that too country??

Joe( Smile )Nation
jcboy

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 03:42 pm
@jcboy,
In the monkey’s defence the woman was very badly dressed. I've done worse to people like her. KEEP THE MONKEY!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 06:41 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Shouldn't that be "Pay them no nevermind.... ." or is that too country??...

Yes, that's too country. We're city folks. Laughing

You should've seen my mother's face when we stopped at her house in OKC on the way back from visiting my inlaws in Wichita Falls, and I slipped and used one of the Texas bunch's phrases, "We're fixin' ta go now..." I thought she would drop kick us all the way back to Tulsa.
jcboy

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 12:53 pm
I love a good enema story. Only in Florida. Cool

http://perezhilton.com/2012-10-12-enemas-florida-man-arrested-after-returning-dozens-of-used-enemas-to-cvs

Quote:
Ronald Eugene Robinson, a 34-year-old Florida man, is facing 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for returning dozens of USED enemas to a CVS.

No, there was nothing wrong with them either because he went as far as to RESEAL the rectal equipment so it was sold to 21 other unsuspecting customers!!!

Pardon the obvious pun, but what a sh*tty thing to do!

Sources say he returned 12 enemas to the pharmacy on multiple occasions. A store clerk finally realized something weird was going on and noticed that the bottom of the returned boxes had been tampered with, so they called the cops.

Ugh! So glad the authorities caught this guy. Let's just hope he wasn't hitting up his local Rite-Aid or Walgreens too!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 12:55 pm
@jcboy,
Let's hope he had no diseases.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 12:54 pm
Quote:
Florida's Dozier School For Boys: A True Horror Story
Over the past decade, hundreds of men have come forward to tell gruesome stories of abuse and terrible beatings they suffered at Florida's Dozier School for Boys, a notorious, state-run institution that closed last year after more than a century.

Known as the "White House Boys," these 300-some men were sent as boys to the reform school in the small panhandle town of Mariana in the 1950s and 1960s. They have joined together over the years to tell their stories of the violence administered in a small building on the school's grounds they knew as the White House.

Some 81 boys are known to have died there, but where their remains are buried is a mystery that researchers are now trying to solve.

For the rest of the gruesome story:
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/15/162941770/floridas-dozier-school-for-boys-a-true-horror-story
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 01:21 pm
@Eva,
We used to joke that in San Angelo the telephone answering message was:

Mash down on 1 for Spanish
Mash down on 2 for English
Stay on the line for Texan.

Joe(Howdy)Nation

No...really...they say "Howdy'.
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 01:49 pm
I was going to post that story about the Florida reporter whose body was found "encased" in concrete, but he was found in Georgia, so I'm not sure its sufficiently "Florida" enough for this thread.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 11:04 pm
@Joe Nation,
Reminds me of the Texas in-laws. As soon as SonofEva was old enough to say his first word, they started trying to teach him to say, "Howdy, y'all." Behind their backs I taught him that every time they said, "Say 'howdy, y'all," he was to say, "No."

Drove them crazy.

I'm gonna do it again. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:06 am
@Joe Nation,
I say Howdy frequently, when I want to keep walking. Otherwise, I might say, Good morning or something equally Yankee. Razz
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:49 am
@jcboy,
The St Petersburg fugitive monkey gets the Colbert Bump!
Monkey on the Lam - Florida - Monkey on the Gram
The people of St. Petersburg have ignored Stephen's selfless attempts to macaque-block them, and now the plundering monkey has come back to bite them.
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/420175/october-15-2012/monkey-on-the-lam---florida---monkey-on-the-gram
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 01:52 pm
Predictably, Restaurant Tabletop Sex in Florida Leads to Arrest
http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2012/10/man-arrested-sex-at-florida-restaurant.html?mid=grubstreet--20121017
0 Replies