Odd, strange, or bizarre news stories from Florida

Ragman

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:47 pm
@Phoenix32890,
It's the farging heat, I tell 'ya. it turns their brains to guacamole.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 23 May, 2015 01:14 pm
Honey Boo Boo's Mama June made her strip club debut in Florida last weekend
http://www.orlandoweekly.com/imager/honey-boo-boos-mama-june-made-her-strip-c/b/blog/2396259/6c33/Screen_Shot_2015-05-20_at_11.00.03_AM.png?cb=1432135689
Oh Baby!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 11:09 am
Y'all take your Bingo seriously in Florida ...

Quote:
Fred Smith: 82-year-old Florida man arrested for slashing 88-year-old woman's tires over bingo
Associated Press
4:29 AM, May 29, 2015

LAKE WALES, FL - Police have arrested an 82-year-old Lake Wales man for slashing a woman's tires because he claimed she was sitting in his favorite bingo seat.

WTVT-TV reports Fred Leslie Smith was charged with criminal mischief last Monday when police say he took an ice pick to 88-year-old Ethel Britt's van during a weekly bingo game at the Lake Ashton Retirement Community Club House.

Police say Smith stormed out of the bingo hall and punctured two of Britt's tires because she was sitting in a chair he usually sits in. Smith was caught on surveillance video in the act.

Lake Wales Deputy Chief Troy Schulze Smith says Smith admitted to the crime and expressed regret. Smith faces having to pay $500 in tire damage and restitution back to Britt.

http://i.imgur.com/XvhJRvQ.jpg
panzade

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 02:43 pm
@Ticomaya,
No **** Sherlock.
Bingo is big business down here.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 02:47 pm
@panzade,
It was in Texas, also, until the advent of game rooms.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 01:10 pm
No official word on whether bath salts were involved ...

Quote:
Florida man claims he danced on patrol vehicle to save children from vampires
wptv.com staff
10:46 AM, Jun 4, 2015

LEE COUNTY, FL - Disco fever or dancing with the devil? Either way you look at it, one man's moves have landed him in some hot water.

44-year-old Christian Radecki of Cape Coral was arrested April 7th after he was caught on surveillance video bumping his car into the back of a Lee County Sheriff's Office marked patrol vehicle. He then began dancing on the patrol vehicle's roof while music blared from his car, and then broke the windshield wipers and took an American Flag from the neighbor's yard.

Redecki, a convicted sexual offender, was arrested for Disturbing the Peace and Criminal Mischief after the neighbors called the police.

According to a Cape Coral Police report, Radecki said it all began when a "woman with fangs" came to his door, threatening that a human sacrifice was about to occur involving vampires. "Therefore, Radecki made the conscious decision to get the Sheriff of Nottingham to help him stop the slaughter of small children," the report states.

Radecki told officers that he had not taken any recreational drugs or alcohol, has not been diagnosed with any mental health conditions, nor did he take any prescribed medication.

Radecki was taken to Cape Coral Hospital for medical clearance, then transferred to the Lee County Justice Center in apparent good health.

For the record, his dance playlist started with Hall & Oates' "Rich Girl", and ended after Supertramp's "Goodbye Stranger."

http://i.imgur.com/UIQ0QfF.jpg
roger

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 02:04 pm
@Ticomaya,
You know, if that had happened in Albuquerque, he would have probably become shot. Seriously.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 02:18 pm
@roger,
<listening, nodding>
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:09 pm
@roger,
Yep. Phoenix too, Roger.

Speaking of Alba-Turkey ... I'll be making my annual stopover there tomorrow night, on my way through to Colorado. I hope you guys have better weather than we're having right now (rainy and stormy).
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 10:15 pm
??? Thats not normal behaviour in the USA ? You should watch the international news about the USA .
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 07:02 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

??? Thats not normal behaviour in the USA ?

Who are you talking to? What are you addressing? You seemingly failed basic internet.
Quote:
You should watch the international news about the USA .

That's like me suggestion...," You should watch the Fox News about what's happening in Europe."
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 07:04 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

...of Cape Coral

I love my sister but I have no idea why she stays in Cape Coral, FL (other than the cost of living being low).
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 07:15 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
You seemingly failed basic internet.
Very Happy Oh . BASIC internet . I was talking to whom ever might read it . I am addressing the news story . There was no one I was replying to in particular .

Quote:
Quote:
You should watch the international news about the USA .
That's like me suggestion...," You should watch the Fox News about what's happening in Europe."
Thank you, I didnt know that . Very Happy
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 07:28 am
@Ionus,
Tsarstepan, the marblemouth goof wrote:
That's like me suggestion..."
[/quote]
That was supposed to be "That's like me suggesting...."
#fallsonownsword
Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 07:42 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
#fallsonownsword
Caesar Stephen, dont you dare . I have very few people here I can talk to without them threatening to kill me . If you kill you, I will kill you ! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 07:48 pm
Get Out Of The Car!

(This is supposedly a true account recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota, Florida)

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!"

The four men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad. The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition.

She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee, and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat. A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down.

She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police
station to report her mistake. The sergeant to whom she told the story
couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where
four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman
described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair,
and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed. Moral of the story?
If you're going to have a senior moment...make it a good one.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 08:28 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Hahahaha, this made my day, Phoenix! What a treat! Very Happy
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 02:34 pm
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_BF-9V7ghEvIRDP4ragFHwGocUM=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3789492/Screen_Shot_2015-06-14_at_1.53.26_PM.0.png

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-man-snaps-picture-raccoon-riding-alligator-article-1.2258558
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 02:53 pm
@parados,
Damn, even the fauna is bat-sh*t crazy in Florida.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 08:21 am
@parados,
OK so this reminds me of a trip to Florida where we went on a air boat tour (aka tourist trap) in an "authentic" cruise of the everglades where you can view real gators in their natural habitat and which ended in a replica of an authentic semione indian village.

We were warned by some local young men that we might not want to really go on such a tour - against their advice, we went. On the airboat ride - we come up to a small island - these cute raccons come running towards us - the airboat operator then proceeded to hand them marshmellows.

We go further and this alligator comes right up to the boat -- cool huh, not so much, the operator taps him on his snout, he opens his mouth and the operators begins to feed the alligator marshmellows.

So we end at the Indian village - it was so poor and ended in a cheap gift shop where our authentic seminole indian was smoking a butt (not a peace pipe) - and selling plastic alligators.

We met up with those young men that evening and they laughed their a$$es off at us saying we told you so.

Maybe this the alligator and raccoon. He probably doesn't have any teeth left from the sugar.