Odd, strange, or bizarre news stories from Florida

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 01:43 pm
A central Florida man who weighs about 450 pounds faces multiple charges after sheriff's deputies say he hid cocaine and 23 grams of marijuana under his "stomach fat."

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/deputy-florida-man-hid-drugs-stomach-fat-24157086
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 08:40 am
Police: Fire-loving Florida mom brands kids with hot stick so people will know they are hers
A Florida woman is facing child abuse charges after investigators alleged that she branded her children with a hot stick as a form of identification.

WBBH reported that 23-year-old medical assistant Kayla R. Oxenham had told her children, ages 5 and 7, that she “forgot how much she loved fire.”

OMG!
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/19/police-fire-loving-florida-mom-brands-kids-with-hot-stick-so-people-will-know-they-are-hers/
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 11:40 am
There's just too many bizarro Florida stories coming in.
Our editors can't handle the deluge

Florida doomsday prepper plans bloody last stand until cops lure him in with burgers
The two-day manhunt for a Florida man ended Wednesday morning at the FBI office in Tampa, when 55-year-old “doomsday prepper” Martin Winters surrendered to authorities. According to the Tampa Bay Times, a wet, footsore and weary Winters gave up his freedom for the promise of some dry shoes, Gatorade, a couple of cheeseburgers and some French fries.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/19/florida-doomsday-prepper-plans-bloody-last-stand-until-cops-lure-him-in-with-burgers/
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 11:45 am
@panzade,
Quote:
a couple of cheeseburgers and some French fries.

Well, it all depends on where the burgers and fries come from. If it was McD's then he was a chump. If they were Shake Shack burgers then of course. Why wouldn't he give himself up. Razz
panzade

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 01:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
Shake Shack is a far-off dream for us in the swamps.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 08:27 am
Terrible...

Quote:
Justin Ayers is dead after a neighbor accidentally shot a bullet into Ayers' home earlier this week. What's even more tragic is that Ayers and his wife were in the process of welcoming their three-day-old baby home when he was fatally shot.

The shooter was Ayers' next door neighbor, 62-year-old Charles Edward Shisler, who did probably the stupidest thing you can do as a gun owner: He picked his gun up by the trigger causing it to shoot through the wall and hit Ayers in the head. Shisler's defense? He didn't think the gun would shoot.

""The damn gun doesn't usually shoot," Shisler's arrest report quoted him as saying. "You have to squeeze the hell out of the trigger to shoot it."

Unfortunately, "the hell" is not a unit of measurement and now a man is dead due to the fact that Shisler was irresponsible with a known working (if badly) and loaded weapon. Shisler was not only at almost the legal alcohol limit when he was tested four hours later, but apparently tried to hide the gun under a mattress when he realized what he had done. When the police arrived, they found him uncooperative and belligerent according to The Raw Story.

Investigators say that the bullet had a one in infinity chance of hitting Ayers and killing him. And yet it happened. Now Ayers, who was a guitar teacher and a musician is dead due to his neighbor's negligence. Investigators are treating both homes as crime scenes, but the death is thought to be purely accidental due to the fact that the neighbors had never had an acrimonious relationship.

Shilser has been charged with "manslaughter and felon in possession of a firearm." He has a previous felony conviction for carrying a concealed weapon in 2006. Due to his felony conviction Shisler should have never had a gun in the first place, as Florida prohibits felons from owning firearms
panzade

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 08:39 am
@boomerang,
Senseless deaths from gun accidents in Florida are a daily occurrence and I've resisted posting most of them; mainly because it attracts the you-know-whos and transforms this thread into another A2K battleground.
But boomer I feel the same...terrible.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 03:59 pm
She left a note for the ex-husband.
http://issuehawk.com/tamar/2014/06/16/florida-mom-kidnaps-her-own-kid-so-she-doesnt-have-to-learn-black-history.html

Kidnapped her own child to avoid public education and vaccines.

Joe(not going to be named Mother of the Year)Nation
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 04:24 pm
95% of the time when I read this thread, I get really sad.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 09:38 am
This Real-Life Goldilocks Was Arrested After Falling Asleep During A Break-In
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/turns-out-being-a-real-life-goldilocks-in-2014-will-get-you
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 06:06 am
@tsarstepan,

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 08:41 am
Florida woman calls 911 after pet cat goes berserk, traps them in bedroom

Teresa Gregory called authorities after her pet cat, Kush — a 4-year-old Russian Blue — flipped out and held her and her husband, James, hostage in the bedroom of their DeLand home on Saturday. Animal Control officers managed to capture the animal, which was placed in quarantine for 10 days.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hear-florida-woman-calls-911-pet-cat-berserk-traps-bedroom-article-1.1858390
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 08:37 am

Two men from Florida are under arrest for allegedly breaking into a school and stealing Froot Loops. They apparently told police that after smoking weed they were looking to go on an adventure.
http://www.wpbf.com/video/buzz60/stoners-break-into-school-to-steal-froot-loops/26882816#ixzz37AdvGJRM
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:48 pm
Cops accuse FL woman of child neglect for letting 7-year-old son walk to the park alone
My town is broken.
roger

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 06:46 pm
@panzade,
Weird. When I was 10 or eleven, I rode the bicycle from Paola to Lewisberg Kansas, drank a glass of pink lemonade and rode back. I guess I was easily impressed by the lemonade, but the round trip distance was 22 miles. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to do that today.
panzade

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 12:12 am
@roger,
When I was seven Roger, i walked to school every day.
roger

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 01:46 am
@panzade,
What'd they do to your parents?
panzade

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 01:58 am
@roger,
invited them to join the PTA
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 11:10 am
@panzade,
panzade