Films Yet to be Made/Released

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 03:19 pm
I heard on the television machine today that the man who made the Lord of the Ring film(s) is planning a brand new King Kong. I believe this guy can do it well.
There are a number of such projects in the air. Do you know of any?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,414 • Replies: 29
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 06:03 pm
A film that has been in the can for about a year now has never found a distributer. I've been eagerly awaiting BLOOM, which is ULYSSES with a new name. I know that such fare does not find general audience acceptance - Still, I wish they could find it in their hearts to let it out before I die.
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 06:10 pm
Re: Films Yet to be Made/Released
edgarblythe wrote:
I heard on the television machine today that the man who made the Lord of the Ring film(s) is planning a brand new King Kong.

Set for release 14 Dec 2005.

For those who aren't familiar with the imdb, it's the universal resource for such things.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 06:19 pm
HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY (finally!!)
TRIPODS (the SIFI trilogy)
WILLIE WONKA
that's all I can think of right now
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 06:23 pm
imdb is a site I belong to. A long time back whenever I went to the site I got a notice that I was not authorized to be there. I finally quit trying. Due to your link I just got in. Thanks, mrcolj.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:26 pm
How are they going to do Hitchhiker's? That'll one long movie...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:22 am
Welcome to A2K, mrcolj. "King Kong" was on the list of pre-production on the Boxoffice thread but I haven't been keeping up with it when I dropped out of IMDbPro which had an more convenient access to new film projects. The project is really being kept under wraps but obviously Jackson wants to flex his new CGI muscles on a film whose remakes leave a lot to be desired. It's aiming very high again because of the nostalgia and remarkable stop motion animation of the original. If his production values remain as high as in LOTR, it could be one of the remakes that at least climbs to the same level as the original.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:53 am
edgarblythe wrote:
A film that has been in the can for about a year now has never found a distributer. I've been eagerly awaiting BLOOM, which is ULYSSES with a new name. I know that such fare does not find general audience acceptance - Still, I wish they could find it in their hearts to let it out before I die.

Wow! I hadn't heard of that, but I'd love to see it. Oh wait, it's coming out-- Soon! It was aired in Ireland a while back.

The Guardian, re: Bloom

The Official Site

This year, I'm looking forward to Allen and Almodóvar's new works.

0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:37 am
But where would a new King Kong be found, on Earth?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:57 am
bookmark
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:33 am
I just heard that Jackie Chan is doing a remake of "Around the World in Eighty Days" and that a si-fi version of "Wages of Fear" is being done.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:38 am
I have to chuckle at the thought of a Jackie Chan movie of Around the World in Eighty Days. Of course the over hyped over done original was something of a joke to me also.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 10:06 am
drom
Look on the site and see how long ago the Ulysses movie was completed. Yet, it still hasn't found a distributer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 11:31 am
For all the newcomers I haven't welcomed to A2K. WELCOME! c.i.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 10:39 pm
Godfather IV.
Yeah, I wish, even though there is a lot of opposition to it.

Heard Coppola is planning to make a movie called Megalopolis which should be interesting if it ever gets made.

I always wanted to see a sequel to The Professional/Leon with the little girl growing up to become an assasin herself.

After watching T3 I though that a Terminator sequel/Matrix prequel tie-in focusing on the rise of the machines and the beginning of the war would be interesting.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 03:35 am
Thief of Light - Thanks for the "heads up" about a new remake of "The Wages of Fear". The 1978 remake (Sorcerer) is one of my favorite movies, even though it bombed at the box office.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:31 am
I've always wondered what happened to the girl after she left the orphanage, yelloman.

What ever happened to the old La Femme Nikita? Great movie, but it never shows.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 08:30 am
Here's a link to IMDb's full list of movies in production -- it is huge and alphabetically listed by pages:

http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Inproduction/Index/A
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 08:32 am
And IMDb info about Jackson's "King Kong" remake -- Ann Darrow is played by Naomi Watts.

PETER JACKSON's "KING KONG"
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 04:37 pm
Does she scream?
0 Replies