jcboy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 09:44 am
Antonio’s change jar “Which has doubled in size” is filling up. Everyday he takes the change daddy and I leave on the counter and tosses it in his jar. He said it’s for next October when we do the Walk for Breast Cancer downtown. We may have to put it in his wagon during the walk, as it’s getting a little too heavy to carry.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg15/scaled.php?server=15&filename=changeah.jpg&res=landing

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 12:33 pm
@jcboy,
Teaching him well!
MMarciano

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:18 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Yes he's teaching him how to take our change! Very Happy
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:18 pm
@jcboy,
You're going to need a bigger jar!
http://omegaforums.net/attachments/jaws-bigger-boat-jpg.1633/
jcboy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
lol yes we will, October is a long ways away! Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:33 pm
@jcboy,
that is fabulous

he's learning a lot from two very generous men
MMarciano

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 06:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you Beth, He’s a smart little boy! I’m very proud of him.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 07:04 pm
I've always been a big believer in pocket change making a big difference.

I've mentioned I bought my house as a bank repo, when I first got the mortgage, the principle for the first month was less than $45.00
I tried to explain over and over again to my ex-husband how if we could just put an extra $50 aside each month, we could get ahead. He wouldn't hear of it, and made sure we never had an extra dollar.

The same day I divorced him (maybe a year after I bought the house), I started putting .50 cents a day into a jar, and any other spare change, or a dollar here or there. I didn't try to fool myself saying I'll do it once a week, or once a month. Tomorrow never comes.
Whenever I got a windfall, even $10 I'd put it in there. Whenever I got enough to pay an extra 3 or 6 months, I'd send it in a separate check. Within that first year, I think I paid 2 extra years off the principle.
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 07:58 pm
@chai2,
I quit smoking five years ago. I figured it cost me about five dollars a day to smoke. I opened what I call a smoke free savings account and once a month I put the money I would have spend on cigarettes in the account.

I have close to ten grand in the account as of today.
jcboy

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 08:50 am
@jcboy,
This Saturday is Walk for the cure in Vinoy Park, we will have to take all the change to coin star, there must be at least 300 bucks in there.
jcboy

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 08:56 am
@jcboy,
Nitally’s in St. Pete is selling these strawberry horchatas for five dollars all thru the month of October and proceeds go to cancer research, komen.org

I’m not sure what a horchata is but I just may have to order one or two.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/109/thaig.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 08:09 am
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
Wow! That's impressive.
0 Replies