Has anybody heard of Mayor Naheed Nenshi?

Mame

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 05:03 pm
Well, he's the mayor of my city, Calgary (and I didn't vote for him). I don't particularly think the guy's anything special, but as it happens, I was watching BBC World last night and he was featured. Turns out that he's 'the most trusted man in Canada'. Well, the article clarifies that it's the editors of Reader's Digest who call him that, not anyone else. The woman who interviewed him (Katty Kay), did a feature on him, on the oil sands here in Alberta, and on Vancouver, aka Hollywood North.

Has anyone else heard of him? I think he's not as 'humble' as he would like us to think, what with him correcting Katty on several minor points. However, I don't follow politics much so certainly don't follow him.

Here's the article in case anyone cares (and I wouldn't blame you if you don't) - just wondered if anyone else has heard of him.

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2012/05/15/naheed-nenshi-international-mayor-of-mystery-and-myth/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,408 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 05:12 pm
@Mame,
I have, but it's to be expected. I've seen him on George Stombo.. He's the "it guy" of Canadian politics, me thinks. As for most trusted... dunno 'bout that.
0 Replies