Cheapo Celebrity

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 12:56 pm
@snood,
Well I thought it was pretty cool when several years ago I got Mickey Mouse's autograph at Disney.
chai2

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 02:51 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Well I thought it was pretty cool when several years ago I got Mickey Mouse's autograph at Disney.

oh god....bad flashback.

my mother threw herself in front of a trolly car at disney to make it stop, so she could make me go climb up onto it to have a picture taken with mickey or ******* goofy or something like that.

Even at 6 years old I knew that was so wrong.

picture shelly winters a la poseidon adventure flailing her arms about and screaming "STOP! STOP!" in the middle of the magic kingdom.

chai2

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 02:52 pm
@chai2,
I never had to meet shelly winters, I lived with her.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 02:54 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
picture shelly winters a la poseidon adventure flailing her arms about and screaming "STOP! STOP!" in the middle of the magic kingdom

but isn't that 90% of the tourists in Disney?

Now granted at the time I was a young in my early 30s/late 20s hot chick so I bet Mickey liked the attention. His hand was a bit low on my back as a matter of fact. No wonder he had that smart a$$ grin on his face.
chai2

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 03:04 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

but isn't that 90% of the tourists in Disney?

I don't know.
I think that's when I had my first personality split, and "little wanda" handled it for me.
Linkat

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 03:33 pm
@chai2,
Here ya go

http://calorielab.com/news/wp-images/post-images/5396682526_a197c79dc5-468x311.jpg
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 05:23 pm
I've never asked anyone for an autograph even when the opportunity presented itself. During my early teens my mother worked in a field in which she dealt with celebrities and I remember conversations in which they talked about how pesky, rude and intrusive "fans" could be. I didn't want to be one of those people. I do remember the strange feeling of seeing a celebrity and for a second or two thinking "hey, I know that person" and then realizing I actually didn't know them. I was in a elevator once with Slyvester Stallone and was surprised at how short he is (maybe 5'9'). I held the door open at Hermes by chance for Sophia Loren and she was as stunning in person as she was in her movies, maybe more so. My friend and I were once asked to leave FAO Schwartz a little before closing because Michael Jackson and his kids had arrived and they wanted the place to themselves. Just as we were exiting , MJ was getting out of this huge limo with a couple of body guards. My girlfriend realized she dropped her scarf in the revolving door and when she went back to get it one of the body guards jumped in front of her, but MJ saw she was just going back for the scarf and picked it up and handed it to a body guard who handed it to her. She's kept it to this day in some box in a drawer. I thought he looked thin and pale with no charisma, like an old clown, but she gushed about the moment for months.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 06:22 pm
The one autograph I have kept is that of Robert Kennedy. I got it a few months before his assassination. I don't have a desire to be a collector.
0 Replies