WHY BLACKS ARE HATED THE MOST?

trying2learn

Mon 7 May, 2012 05:56 am
@djjd62,
yes I wrote that and they means people
trying2learn

Mon 7 May, 2012 05:59 am
@Setanta,
Really? I am a liar? That is a new low for you because in my world, being a liar is not accepted. Try and work on the challenge and remember, no cheating.
chai2

Mon 7 May, 2012 06:09 am
Here we go 'round the mulberry bush...
0 Replies

djjd62

Mon 7 May, 2012 06:27 am
@trying2learn,
so you weren't talking about your experience you were generalizing about many people

myself, i learned my racism (kill whitey) on the street corner and in the schoolyard, where all good things are learned (like sex information, did you know you can make a girl pregnant if you kiss her and stick your tongue in her mouth, swear to god, i heard my older brother saying it, and he's almost a teenager, so he knows these things)

0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 7 May, 2012 06:35 am
@trying2learn,
I'm not playing your idiot games, and i'm certainly not entering your world of delusion. You said:

Quote:
It is the media that makes it a race issue! Are people racist in the U.S.? Yes, because imo they believe what the media reports.

You wrote it, you own it, but you are too immature to admit it. Grow up.
Lustig Andrei

Mon 7 May, 2012 10:15 am
@trying2learn,
I believe your experience is somewhat unique, trying. As Setanta has already said, most people do learn their prejudices,including racism and other types of xenophobia, at their elders' knees. It is a culturally-generated manifestation of gross ignorance. We, somehow, all tend to distrust and dislike people who are somehow "different from us" -- different religion, different language, different skin tone. Our parents and elders somehow let us know that this is "unacceptable," that we are the superior people. As that song from South Pacific says, "You've got to be carefully taught."

The media --television, newspapers, etc, -- merely report what is going on in the world. It doesn't cause what's going on. You say you learned about racism and other forms of prejudice from the media. As I said, if so your experience is probably somewhat unique.
chai2

Mon 7 May, 2012 11:46 am
@Lustig Andrei,
"somewhat" unique?

That's like being a "little" pregnant.

parados

Mon 7 May, 2012 12:38 pm
@noblacksplease,
Quote:
Pants hanging down to knees

http://www.exploration-online.co.uk/imgs/hometownrulesbermuda_farahmohammed_march2012_3.jpg
0 Replies

JTT

Mon 7 May, 2012 02:28 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
"somewhat" unique?

Quote:
As for unique, we find more unique meaning "more nearly unique", but the adjective has acquired the sense, "exceptional, unusual", which quite readily accepts degree modification.

The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language, page 532

Quote:
That's like being a "little" pregnant.

She's two months pregnant.

0 Replies

trying2learn

Tue 8 May, 2012 12:31 pm
@Setanta,
I am not playing games. Yes I wrote what you quoted me, I own it and admit it and stand behind what I wrote. You wrote that I don't admit it?? Admit what?
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 8 May, 2012 12:45 pm
@djjd62,
Here, i'll let dj handle this one . . .

djjd62 wrote:
trying2learn wrote:
I never claimed the newspaper or tv was the cause of racism! All I wrote was how I learned about it so please don't assume I am blaming anyone or anything.

no, you wrote this

trying2learn wrote:
It is the media that makes it a race issue! Are people racist in the U.S.? Yes, because imo they believe what the media reports.

how did you become they, multiple personalities?
trying2learn

Tue 8 May, 2012 12:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
I believe your experience is somewhat unique, trying. As Setanta has already said, most people do learn their prejudices,including racism and other types of xenophobia, at their elders' knees. It is a culturally-generated manifestation of gross ignorance. We, somehow, all tend to distrust and dislike people who are somehow "different from us" -- different religion, different language, different skin tone. Our parents and elders somehow let us know that this is "unacceptable," that we are the superior people. As that song from South Pacific says, "You've got to be carefully taught."

The media --television, newspapers, etc, -- merely report what is going on in the world. It doesn't cause what's going on. You say you learned about racism and other forms of prejudice from the media. As I said, if so your experience is probably somewhat unique.
Okay if most people learn racism from their elders, then I guess that is the norm. My parents never said a bad word to me as I was growing up about people who were different. I agree that the media doesn't cause racism, but when they constantly make race an issue, I do wonder what their objective is about.
djjd62

Tue 8 May, 2012 12:54 pm
@trying2learn,
who in their right mind pays any attention to the media

the very fact that the media reports the weather means they can't be trusted
0 Replies

trying2learn

Tue 8 May, 2012 01:01 pm
@Setanta,
I already answered who they are, it is people who believe what the media reports. I have spoken to many people that believe if they media reports something it must be true.

I learned early on not to believe the media when they reported about an incident involving my family and it was mostly lies. I knew for a fact they lied because I was there. I can't go into details. The reporter made up so called facts that never happened. btw when that reporter was put on the spot about the so called facts, an apology was given except the damage was already done.
0 Replies

chai2

Tue 8 May, 2012 01:20 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

trying2learn wrote:

Excuse me? Why would you write such a thing?

I think you either need to reread what you wrote, or explain what you meant.

and she asks me why I would write such a thing.

All over the place.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 8 May, 2012 02:29 pm
Coherence is certainly not her strong suit.
trying2learn

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:26 pm
@Setanta,
and what is yours?
0 Replies

aidan

Wed 30 May, 2012 11:09 pm
My experience must be somewhat unique as well, because I learned ABOUT racism (that it existed, what it was) at school. And no, I'm not saying that I learned TO BE RACIST at school - I'm saying that it was at school that I first learned that people of differing skin tones might be treated and thought of differently - either better or worse.
Until I learned about Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks and the civil rights movement, I had had no indication from my parents or any other adult I'd ever had contact with that this was true.
I can remember looking around at all the black children in the classroom with me at the time - who were my FRIENDS and who sat at the lunch table with me and feeling absolute disbelief that there were places in the world - in fact in the country in which I lived- that they would not be allowed to sit beside me and eat lunch or learn.
I couldn't fathom such a thing or believe it could be true.

I understand what you're saying trying2learn - that the media does in fact influence a person's perception of reality. If all one sees in the media is negative portrayals of a certain race, that contributes to one's perception of people of that race.
Luckily for me, I had black friends before I ever learned to read.
0 Replies

MrMix

Tue 3 Feb, 2015 05:57 am
@noblacksplease,
And who introduced the Africans to work on the land because they were too lazy to do anything??? Answer: the dumb lazy ass WHITES!!! Lol
0 Replies

cmckean

Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:14 am
@noblacksplease,
Prisons are a white people thing. It's part of the superiority complex. Black people don't want those.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:19:24