WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Montana

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 03:33 am
My ex. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 04:56 pm
Eva wrote:
All right. You wanna grimace? I've got one.

I'm helping out this merchant group (pro bono), and I'm having trouble getting anything accomplished because of a couple of newbie control-freak volunteers who want to be included in every phone call and every decision, but have absolutely no experience in dealing with the matters at hand. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Too many cooks, Eva?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 04:58 pm
SealPoet wrote:
They were painting some machinery outside the lab today. Smell made me grimace

I've thrown the whole (cooked & uncooked) lupinis out. REVOLTING! Shocked
I wonder who actually enjoys them? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 04:59 pm
How's your back today, ehBeth?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 04:59 pm
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 05:02 pm
AaTruly wrote:
Here's a quotation for St. Valentine's Day, in case anybody is needy:

"Love is but the licking of honey from a thorn."

-- As sung by troubadors

Yep, that was my experience! Evil or Very Mad More thorn than honey, I'm afraid! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 05:02 pm
Montana wrote:
My ex. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

I'll second that, Montana! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 05:03 pm
So more of the same today, Eva?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 05:50 pm
My Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for the day:

Looking up the latest job advertisements in my field (Art/Media teaching) on the internet. The print was so [size=7]tiny[/size] that my eyes are now quite strained. AND there was only one suitable job - right on the other side of town! Sad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 11:07 pm
Up late tonight getting a presentation ready for this group, knowing that a couple of them are already criticizing me behind my back. Have called in my troops, but don't know if they'll arrive in time. Will check in after tomorrow morning's meeting and let you know how it goes. Meanwhile, grrrrrrrrrrr......
I HATE PLAYING POLITICS, DAMMIT! But it's either that or allow a couple of know-nothings to set this organization back five years. So what else can I do? GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:39 am
COMPUTERS!!!!

I work in the software industry, but the computers we use for work are so antiquated that they can't cope with the work we do.

The beasts spend half their time crashing, and every job takes at least twice as long as it should! Every deadline now is a problem, and my blood pressure goes through the roof at this time every month!

I wanna abacus!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 01:29 am
Swooping in with my daily Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 06:59 pm
Eva

Rather a nasty workplace you have there! Ulcer material! Ever dream of dropping out of the rat race?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 07:02 pm
Commiserations, margo. Reminds me of BAD episodes writing reports. Very mad-inducing! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 07:03 pm
Montana wrote:
Swooping in with my daily Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any particular reason for your Grrrrrrrrrr, Montana? Or just feeling Grrrrrrrrrrr-ish for no particular reason?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 08:14 pm
Ooooooooooooooh, just realized it's Friday the 13th! Shocked Should I go out, stay in, or what? Is the WORST about to happen?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 08:31 pm
Meeting this morning went about as well as I expected. I was thoroughly P.O.'d by the time I left, and a couple of them know me well enough to tell. They took me to lunch afterward & made me order wine. Then they made me promise not to call anyone for the rest of the day (heehee!!!) I was good.

Oh, and I think I handled everything very well during the meeting. At least I hope so. Time will tell.

Anybody else out there HATE infighting, petty squabbling & personal attacks as much as I do?!?!?

(Oh, and there is no such thing as "dropping out of the rat race," msolga. I've tried. No matter what kind of group you're in, there are always people who seem to exist for the sole purpose of irritating others.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 05:17 am
Eva wrote:

Anybody else out there HATE infighting, petty squabbling & personal attacks as much as I do?!?!?

Yes, me!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 05:59 am
My workplace is fine re that sort of stuff - but being involved in community groups/management committees....!!!!!!!!

I have PTSD from a management committee........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 06:00 am
Hey - Msolga - we nearly made it through Friday 13th!!!!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 02:56:05