WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 07:58 am
A new day, a new grimace, though I'm still upset about Cecil. On it being a crime, there are plenty of articles out there that give the explanation for that.

I'm grimacing at this morning's denial of service escapade on a2k, if that is the correct wording for it. Well, morning here in the U.S.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 08:01 am
Quote:
Two men have appeared in court in Zimbabwe on charges linked to the killing of Cecil, the country's most famous lion.

Professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst and farm owner Honest Ndlovu, are charged with poaching offences for not having the required hunting permit.

US dentist Walter Palmer shot the animal with a bow and rifle.

Mr Palmer, who says he was unaware of the lion's identity, paid for the hunt and could also face poaching charges.

The two Zimbabwean men, who accompanied him on the hunt, could face up to 15 years in prison if found guilty.

Mr Palmer says he regrets shooting the well-known animal and believed he was on a legal hunt. He relied on professional guides to find a lion and obtain the necessary permits, he said.

Separately, court records have shown that the dentist has a felony record in the US after killing a black bear in the state of Wisconsin in 2006.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33699346
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 08:05 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I'm grimacing at this morning's denial of service escapade on a2k, if that is the correct wording for it. Well, morning here in the U.S.

It's more of a spam flood, if you are talking about that rapid posting of roughly 80 new topics nearly all at once, all in Chinese or Japanese (I am too ignorant to know the difference between the two languages).

They are already starting to disappear. There are only 55 now. Probably even fewer by the time I hit the reply button.

It must have been some sort of automated posting program to post so many so quickly. Or someone somewhere is a fast typist.
jespah

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 08:28 am
@oralloy,
That was a bot, not a denial of service attack. BTW, thank you for reporting. I get the reports on my phone, so that alerted me.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 10:21 pm
@jespah,
Well, they're at it again. Just waited until jespah went to bed Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 04:42 pm
I've been selling jewelry for the past few years to help me make ends meet. I haven't been working for a while, and the ends are farther apart. Today I sold my grandmother's engagement ring. This was painful. I grimaced and grit my teeth. It's metal and stone. Why do we get attached to such things? We just do.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 04:47 pm
@Roberta,
I know, I know...

Hugs.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 08:07 am

... how can this possibly be construed as Breaking News?

http://i64.tinypic.com/ir593d.jpg
Builder

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:44 am
@Region Philbis,
When a man gets the 'woman of the year' award, I'm thinking that corporate media is all that George Orwell said it would be.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 10:55 pm
My steenkin' phone isn't working. I'm grimacing and gritting.

The repair person is supposed to show up tomorrow (Wed.) at the crack of dawn (9 to 10 AM). How did I get such a quick appointment? I told then that I'm old and sick and can't be without a phone.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 11:40 pm
I'm waiting for the voting to be tabulated, I'll be back tomorrow to tell everyone what irks me.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:40 am
I'm home from Sri Lanka...back to the real world again Sad

and it's raining - and I have a suitcase of dirty clothes.
Roberta

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 07:42 am
@margo,
Welcome home! So how was the trip? Waiting to hear.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 02:09 pm
Waiting for hours for an important phone call - giving up and going shopping - missing call on my BlackBerry because of noise in shopping mall - getting home five minutes after caller rang our landline - being unable to understand message on answering machine, so unable to ring caller back .......................................... http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/confused/question-mark-smiley-emoticon.gif
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 12:53 am
A good friend rang me, while I was at the hairdressers, not far from her place, and asked me to come around for a cuppa. I thought it was odd, as she should have been at work, and she had another day off earlier this week.

When I finally got there, she'd prepared lunch, and she was fidgeting a bit, but we just chatted as we ate. After lunch she said she had something to tell me. Turns out she has breast cancer, was operated on while I was away, and is now about to start chemotherapy, followed by radiotherapy. Sheeesh!

It was picked up early by a routine mammography. She was absolutely rocked, has always been healthy and fit (unlike me) and is certainly not looking forward to the next steps.
roger

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 01:33 am
@margo,
Since it was detected early, it should work out well, shouldn't it? I wish her the best; that chemo and radiotherapy are a beast.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 02:05 am
Margo, I've recovered from my recent episode. Didn't have chemo. No lasting side effects from the radiation. I wish your friend well.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 02:25 am
@margo,
Sorry to hear that. I hope all is well.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 03:07 am
@dlowan,
WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

This.

http://able2know.org/topic/316036-1
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 09:57 am
@margo,
Margo, best wishes from here to your friend.. and to you too as can can be bummed that she has it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:05:57