WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 05:14 pm
@Roberta,
Good grief!! Even my nothing special market has chicken livers.

Ask the guys behind the butcher counter..
ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 05:56 pm
@ossobuco,
But wait, I suppose you know to do that. Be a pest.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 06:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Within the last 2 weeks some asshole hillbillies broke into a monitor well, near Tunkhannock and stole all the electronics and then stuck a huge log down into the casing and jammed it in.
It took a lot of work to do the damage but its gonna cost us many thousands to get a rig up here, set up over the exact spot, and chew that log up and redevelop the well and sample it)

Took the rest of the day off I was so pissed. I was gonna go home tomorrow and now Ill have to stay up here in God's Country and fix the damn well. Ive got a sales rep with all the electronics and cell phonery **** coming tomorrow , but it may take another day for him to rig up the exact stuff.

The gas company has opted for these cheap collars and caps for their wells, not realizing that in the NE, nobody gives a damn about water like they do in NM and Nevada
ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 06:25 pm
@farmerman,
Can I infer political action? uuuurrrg. Even I, on the questioning side re all this, oft stupid, think monitor wells are a good ideal.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 06:43 pm
@ossobuco,
maybe. The assholes dont know that the gas companies are paying for this because they have to and were actually not working FOR them.

There are just as many hiibillies on the Pro frack side s well as the antis.

The pro frackers just want to see their checks get resumed. (Gas wells have been capped in may areas cause the gas prices are too low )> So all the farmers were used to getting 50K a month checks and now are getting nothing so they have to start paying for their ESCALADES with milk money.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 07:04 pm
@farmerman,
This is way out of my league and I didn't understand in the first place. I remember thinking, after some reading, that there is fracking, and fracking, which differed; that was a far as I got.

Money in the mix, here comes hell.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 10:28 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Good grief!! Even my nothing special market has chicken livers.

Ask the guys behind the butcher counter..

There is not butcher counter.
dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 04:52 am
@Roberta,
Smimace. Gold.

Much as I love you.....

I'm. Sorry....

But I think.........

THATS WHERE IT BLOODY BELONGS!

Runs away......

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 04:53 am
@Roberta,
Eventful morning. I was about to back out of driveway this morning and realized I couldn't see anything on the left because windows were misted
Popped car in park...or so I thought...and trotted round the back of the car to clean windows
Just as I realized my reverse lights were on the car began to move backwards at an increasing clip
I pulled passenger door open and leaped into the car. It was a difficult man oeuvre so I landed in a bit of an awkward position, couldn't get my legs over the parking brake handle, which was on
Also couldn't get my body OFF the brake handle quickly so I dived with my hands for the brake pedal
Only to be paralysed. My FEET know instantly where the brake pedal is. My eyes and hands don't. I was scared I'd hit the accelerator!
Luckily the car stopped in the gutter
Now I know how those crazy people get run over by their own cars in their driveways!

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 08:19 am
@Roberta,
Not even a back storage room? Hmmm. I'd say ask the manager. I've had that work, and have had that not work too.
FBM

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 08:52 am
OK, it wasn't today. It was last night. Nor was it the first time. I've been trying to get used to contacts, but it took me probably 45 minutes to get ONE of them to stick to my right eye, and almost that much to get the other one in. That's just to start with. I spend at least that much time getting the bastards OUT of my eyes. And when I do, it looks like I've just gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson. My eyes are bloodshot for the next 4~5 days. I don't think contacts are for me, no matter how annoying glasses are. Grr.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 12:37 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Smimace. Gold.

Much as I love you.....

I'm. Sorry....

But I think.........

THATS WHERE IT BLOODY BELONGS!

Runs away......

Deb, Did I get the steekin' livers? No. Grimace outweighs smile.

OK, osso, I'll ask the manager.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 01:47 pm
@ossobuco,
I wore contacts a lonnnnnng time ago. They were small, I'd say 3/8 of an inch diameter /somewhat convex, plastic (?). They were easy to put in, and in my case, could sometimes fall out, which brings up a number of stories, one being the time I was crossing the street and one fell out. Not easy to find on a roadway when cars are going by. Expensive little darlings, they were. Right around when I stopped wearing them, the lens designs changed, the lenses becoming bigger. I think I tried a pair, hard to remember now. I was used to glasses anyway, had them when I was a kid.

Also, back then I relied on lysozyme to take care of any possible infecting invaders riding on the lenses. I think I used my saliva, which, besides the eye fluid, also has lysozyme, if I remember, instead of some pharmacy product to lubricate the lens, at least some of the time. Never got an eye infection. Just got tired of them.

A lot of people have been happy with laser eye fixes. I'm different in that I'd never have an eye op I didn't have to (I've had six). Also, eyes change with age, which you likely know, all a matter between you and your ophthalmologist re where you are relative to all that.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 09:02 pm
@dlowan,
Yikes!!
You need to carry a dirty great log on a rope - so you can throw it out the door when you can't reach the brake! Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:51 pm
@dlowan,
Now that's scary, I can feel the adrenalin just reading that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 03:02 pm
Well, here's an tale that made me gnash my teeth -

US dentist accused of killing Cecil the lion 'upset' as hunter becomes hunted
As Zimbabwe police say he faces poaching charges, Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer faces furious criticism on social media

http://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/7/28/1438105252357/5a3a5bcb-a78e-431b-9a0a-94621fa4cf69-2060x1236.jpeg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&s=c4b4ddfb2ca2339cfc94ff9601193a55

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/28/walter-palmer-dentist-accused-killing-cecil-lion-upset-hunter-zimbabwe
oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 08:50 pm
@ossobuco,

Anti-hunting zealots are unconscionable. There should be laws preventing them from harassing people.
McTag

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 03:21 am
@oralloy,

There should be laws allowing Palmer to be returned to Zimbabwe to face charges.
oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 03:30 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
There should be laws allowing Palmer to be returned to Zimbabwe to face charges.

Is there a credible case that he committed any crime?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 07:48 am
@oralloy,
You never miss an opportunity to show how truly disgusting you really are.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:34:58