Why does the Universe exist?

mark noble

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 06:17 am
@Amoh5,
What?

'nothing' has no qualities, physical - How can it contain.... anything?
0 Replies

mark noble

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 06:20 am
@Edward Fenel,
So - everthing doesn't exist?

Amoh5

Fri 15 Apr, 2016 01:08 am
@mark noble,
I'm an English speaker, I know existence and non-existence(or nothing) are not the same, they have very opposite meanings to each other.
I told Ed in his other thread, you'can't reinvent the English language with this wishful-thinking type philosophy...
mark noble

Fri 15 Apr, 2016 05:59 am
@Amoh5,
I have a feeling 'that' post was meant for Ed.
Sorry amoh.
clicked the wrong button.
Amoh5

Fri 15 Apr, 2016 10:27 am
@mark noble,
Thats ok Mark I've made the same mistake before, the mind racing at a 100mph so to speak...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 09:39 am
There is no "WHY" to Reality as a WHY would presuppose a previous reality which boils down to raising the same problem one is trying to solve. Reality by definition is one. There is no previous reality to Reality. Therefore asking why the Universe "lato sensu" exists, is like asking why asking is asking exists...
Amoh5

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 08:05 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Maybe its because the universe enjoys being procreative.
Thats how we got here anyway...
0 Replies

brianjakub

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 01:30 pm
why do we care?
Leadfoot

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 01:39 pm
@brianjakub,
Cause I just gotta know.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 01:51 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Agree: We exist because the environment was conducive to life. The planet earth was never life friendly since its existence some 4.5 billion years ago. Water changed everything.
brianjakub

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 09:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Amoh5
Quote:
Maybe its because the universe enjoys being procreative.
Thats how we got here anyway...
Cicerone
Quote:
Agree: We exist because the environment was conducive to life. The planet earth was never life friendly since its existence some 4.5 billion years ago. Water changed everything.
Leadfoot
Quote:
Cause I just gotta know.
I agree too. I think something in the universe enjoys procreating. Wanting to know why the universe enjoys being so procreative sure keeps it interesting. Why are we humans, the only organisms capable of contemplating and communicating this question? What makes the matter in our minds so special?
Amoh5

Mon 25 Apr, 2016 11:52 pm
@brianjakub,
You know Brian I was thinking that there must be male and female type atoms, matter or whatever that keeps things in the universe reacting and procreating, just like how humans are. Maybe in the future we maybe able to identify male and female matter in physics...
fresco

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 12:29 am
@Amoh5,
....which is the very epitome of your phrase ...
Quote:
wishful thinking type philosophy

Mr. Green

Amoh5

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 02:14 am
@fresco,
I don't know how you got into this world Fresco? Obviously it doesn't seem through a Father and a Mother, you must be just a figment of our imaginations.
Hey Fresco, How are you these days? Keeping out of trouble? You were the first one I ever spoke to on A2k back in 2014 hahaha! I didn't really mean to call you sadistic in the direct sense, it was just that our first conversation was getting rather sad, that's when I thought of the word "sadist" Sorry about that, maybe we can have some happy conversations in future if not maybe about religion or philosophy. I'don't know, what do you think? Can we behave ourselves?
fresco

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 04:08 am
@Amoh5,
Sorry, I can't quite remember that encounter. I no longer get too involved in futile speculative threads like this which tend to attract the philosophically and scientifically ignorant, together, of course, with religious self reinforcers. I merely remark that you appear to know nothing about the evolutionary development of sexual reproduction (as a departure from the asexual type), nor do you appear to understand that definitions of concepts like 'existence' or even 'universe' are problematic. But by all means carry on with your speculative chatter. It no doubt serves a social purpose for you irrespective of its lack of any epistemological substance.
Amoh5

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 05:45 am
@fresco,
You are at liberty to believe or think what you will. However, I have no delusions towards people who play childish word games for scavenging self-worth at the expense of others. I don't think I'm perfect or anyone else is. I do prefer more civilised honest discussions without the psychotic charades. You have a good day Fresco and happy discussion hunting...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 05:47 am
I think that was Fresco talk for 'Hell No' Amoh :-).
Amoh5

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 05:51 am
@Leadfoot,
Means no for what Leadfoot? I'm only defining my attitude towards discussions...
Amoh5

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 05:54 am
@Amoh5,
I'm don't really care if that was his actual message. I'm as cool as bananas
0 Replies

brianjakub

Fri 29 Apr, 2016 01:22 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
You know Brian I was thinking that there must be male and female type atoms, matter or whatever that keeps things in the universe reacting and procreating, just like how humans are. Maybe in the future we maybe able to identify male and female matter in physics..
Yeah, or maybe it's some "universal bridegroom", reacting with a the "universal bride" known as the human race.
0 Replies