She's Doing Her Dirt!

eoe

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 03:29 pm
What was the name of the movie with Joan Crawford and, I believe, Ann Blythe as Vida, her spoiled pampered brat of a daughter? She slapped her mother in the face and even took her man.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 03:33 pm
Mildred Pierce?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 11:35 am
Yes and both Ann Blythe and her co-star Zachary Scott could easily be two of the stand out villians in cinema. Has anyone also mentioned Anne Baxter in "All About Eve," a subtly real life villian one can encounter in all walks of life?
0 Replies

skin2skin

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 06:19 pm
eoe wrote:
What was the movie with Brian Dennehy as a town bully, intimidating and terrorizing everybody until several got together and killed him.? What a piece of work he was.

In Broad Daylight by Harry N. MacLean

When Ken McElroy was gunned down on the streets of Skidmore, Missouri, in 1981, in front of almost fifty people, a reign of terror that had lasted for over ten years was finally ended. MacLean recounts the events that led up to McElroy's murder and explains why the townspeople may have protected the killer. Some strong language and some descriptions of sex.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 09:02 pm
It took awhile but thanks, skin. I'm digging that badboy avatar. Very cute.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 09:25 pm
The wife in Szasz's (almost unbearably bleak) adaptation of Woyzeck comes to mind, as does the guy in the movie who bullies him and with whom she ends up cheating on him.
0 Replies

carbuncle

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 12:02 am
The Emporer Claudius' mother,Livia,in "I,Claudius". Evil to the marrow and was a real person! *shivers* Shocked
0 Replies