Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 01:53 pm
ok so i got my ears peirced a couple months ago and i had them in for about 2 weeks. then i got a job and i have to takethem out daily for my job so my question is how long will it take for my ears to heal if i have to keep taking them out daily?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,092 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 04:13 pm
@shayne1990,
You're taking your ears out daily!?
0 Replies

shayne1990

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 05:34 pm
well my earrings lol
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 06:03 pm
@shayne1990,
How many hours/ day do you work?

It probably depends somewhat on that.

But there's a lot of individual variation anyway. My daughter's ears are pretty much healed now, but that's recent and she got her ears pierced 2.5 years ago. (And she left them in for something like 8 weeks solid at the beginning -- whatever was recommended anyway, I forget what the number was though.)

Are you able to get the earrings back in after having them out? That's probably one of the biggest indicators as to how it will turn out. I had to take my earrings out for a basketball game a few weeks after I had mine pierced, and it was murder to get them back in after just a couple of hours.

If you're not having a lot of trouble, it may be that you've already started healing pretty well.

I don't think re-piercing your ears each time you put them back in is likely to work out very well, though.

Maybe talk to your doctor and go from there.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:11 am
@sozobe,
This may have been initially a joke but after a quick think it could be a good solution to the problem: do they have flesh colored earrings or studs that basically keep the earring holes from healing over yet from an outsider's perspective doesn't look like the person is wearing any earrings?
0 Replies