Gingrich: 2'nd amendment an idea whose time has come, all over the world

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 05:46 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HWcvzHdMGM

Again as I read it, India still has several tens of thousands of people killed by snakes every year. That simply cannot happen in a nation whose people are armed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 4,802 • Replies: 35
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 05:56 am
@gungasnake,
maybe we could all get copies of the constitution for everyone in the world

would save on a roll of toilet paper
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 06:25 am
@gungasnake,
I 'm not sure whether India is a free country or not;
most likely, not.

If people did not have a natural right
to effective self defense,
then surely thay have NO natural rights at all.

David
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 06:31 am
@gungasnake,
Gingrich who? That name sounds familiar but I can quite remember why.
djjd62

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 06:33 am
@maxdancona,
he's the fellow that stole Christmas if i'm not mistaken
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 06:46 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Again as I read it, India still has several tens of thousands of people killed by snakes every year. That simply cannot happen in a nation whose people are armed.
Actually snake bite deaths have little to do with the absence of guns and have more to do with the presence of a billion people in proximity to very poisonous snakes.

Another simplified view of the world by our friend gungasnake.

gungasnake

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 07:57 am
@farmerman,
Funny thing, in past ages there have in fact been creatures whose continued existence was not compatible with human survival on the planet...

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/icebear46/n10.gif
One of Vendramini's Neanderthal reconstructions, with and without the ice-age fur coat for illustration.

Fortunately in those days there were no demoKKKrat gun-grabbers or UN small arms treaties around and people were armed so that we're still here while the Neanderthal is not. The cobra and the krait belong in extinctionland with the Neanderthal; Gingrich's idea would send them there.

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:04 am
I know which snake i'd like to see shot first.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:04 am
@gungasnake,
If only they armed more people in Afghanistan....

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:39 am
@gungasnake,
There are lots of good ideas in our constitution, but easily the most valuable idea for every country on the planet is the First Amendment.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:42 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Actually snake bite deaths have little to do with the absence of guns and have more to do with the presence of a billion people in proximity to very poisonous snakes.
Absolutely correct. Trying to shoot snakes that are already under-foot is just going to cause a whole lot of people to shoot themselves in the foot... before dying of snake bite.

0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:48 am
@gungasnake,
If the one on the right had white hair, he'd be a dead ringer for Newtie.

Rap
gungasnake

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:55 am
@raprap,
A size contrast with humans is frightening. A male Neanderthal could easily have stood 5'-6" and weighed 320 lbs without any fat on him.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:56 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
One of Vendramini's Neanderthal reconstructions, with and without the ice-age fur coat for illustration.
You think the male neanderthals were tough, you should have seen their wives... waiting at home in the cave with curlers in their hair and rolling pins in their hands... "that lazy brute better come home with some Cro Magnon, or else... "
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:00 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

A size contrast with humans is frightening. A male Neanderthal could easily have stood 5'-6" and weighed 320 lbs without any fat on him.
And yet skinny little men with big brains made more babies and survived more successfully, and here we are.
farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:02 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Fortunately in those days there were no demoKKKrat gun-grabbers or UN small arms treaties around and people were armed so that we're still here while the Neanderthal is not. The cobra and the krait belong in extinctionland with the Neanderthal; Gingrich's idea would send them there.

Another simple view of the world compliments of gungasnake.

You are easily impressed with bullshit gunga. Note how that your "ape" has an anterior head meaning that its more of an ape, whereas Neanderthals qwere clearly hominims with most of the benefits of modern humans. Wheres his tail? cause youve got ape hands (not neanderthal) and amn ape face (not a neanderthal). Youve been sucked into the profit motivated "Theory" of another scam artist like Eric Von Deniken, and the dudes with the Ika stones.
raprap

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:30 am
@gungasnake,
The first real competitive contact between Neanderthal and Sapiens occurred in Europe after the last ice age (20 to 3oKYA). Although Neanderthal were skilled hunters and used simple stone tools, the extent of their technology was the jabbing spear. Sapiens of the time were becoming skilled at using atlatls.

Sapiens also had a body advantage, longer limbs and a leaner body mass allowed them to excel at long distance running.

Rap

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:33 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
And yet skinny little men with big brains made more babies and survived more successfully, and here we are.

Cro Magnons didn't beat the Neanderthals by outbreeding them, although that didn't hurt.

The Neanderthal was a cannibalistic creature which nonetheless buried his own dead; that means that a typical Neanderthal saw the living world as neatly divided into two parts i.e. his own family group, and meat. That also means that Cro Magnons never had to face more than 20 - 30 of them at any one time, that was the most major factor. Other factors were fire (a creature with a 6" fur coat was fairly easy to simply light up), dogs (to prevent incursions and defeat most of the Neanderthals' advantage from night vision), and casting weaponry, particularly the atlatl.
raprap

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:35 am
@gungasnake,
Ganja--have you ever shot a snake? They aren't easy targets---as a farm boy I've found its easier to kill a snake with a shovel.

Shooting snakes is only effective in Hollywood.

Rap
gungasnake

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:36 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

You are easily impressed with bullshit gunga. Note how that your "ape" has an anterior head meaning that its more of an ape, whereas Neanderthals qwere clearly hominims with most of the benefits of modern humans. Wheres his tail? cause youve got ape hands (not neanderthal) and amn ape face (not a neanderthal). Youve been sucked into the profit motivated "Theory" of another scam artist like Eric Von Deniken, and the dudes with the Ika stones.

I'd be willing to accept a simple apology now, before making you look like a total bumbling/blathering imbecile since you are clearly dealing from total ignorance on this topic.