How Do I Build My Body?

Sat 14 Apr, 2012 04:14 am
I am 20 years old, slim, 55kg. I have never been insecure about my weight.I want to be bodybuilder, but I don't know where to start. I'm currently trying to have a much healthier diet comprising wholemeal, fruits and veggies.Apart from that, what is the best way to exercise or take steroid to build muscle especially the chest, arms and abs.
Really appreciate your help.

jespah

Sat 14 Apr, 2012 07:58 am
@robinjohn12,
You'll probably do best to go to a local gym, say you're interested in joining and ask them about what they've got for what you want. You don't have to join (and they don't have to tell you very much), but you'll begin to get some ideas. They may also have a deal where you can get a day pass and come in and work out, and ask questions. Those should help - and if you join, great for them. And if you don't, it doesn't mean that you won't get fit but recognize that it's a lot easier, when you're on your own, to work legs (because you can walk, run or bike) or core (situps, rowing and other whole-body workouts, even things like swinging a bat) than it is to work arms and chest because, at some point, you'll need the large size and variety of weights that a gym has - and possibly no good place to store all of that in your home.
Ragman

Sat 14 Apr, 2012 08:08 am
@robinjohn12,
Do NOT..I repeat, do NOT, take steroids no matter what your exercise goal, its a bad idea for young or old. This is why they're illegal and banned.

Be patient and steady and disciplined with your diet and exercise regimen and your health (and physique) will benefit.

Why not take a look at the important info on this webpage about the negative health issues associated with taking anabolic steroids:

http://www.steroidsideeffects.net/
Ticomaya

Sat 14 Apr, 2012 10:47 am
@robinjohn12,
Along with your weight lifting program, you need to eat a lot of protein.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 14 Apr, 2012 10:52 am
Isn't this the joker who closed the viral marketing loop on today's steroid thread?
Ragman

Sat 14 Apr, 2012 01:04 pm
@Setanta,
Maybe so...but if he did, he did so using a sock puppet..another fake identity.
Setanta

Sat 14 Apr, 2012 01:34 pm
@Ragman,
No, he used this account. Someone else started that thread, and this joker closed the loop.
Ragman

Sat 14 Apr, 2012 02:34 pm
@Setanta,
Perhaps you saw something that later on got deleted by moderator? FWIW, I see this person's entire activity as 2 threads started by them and no more.
jcboy

Sun 15 Apr, 2012 05:32 pm
@Ragman,
Yep steroids are bad news! Marco and I both go to the gym, he’s really building up and neither of us use any type of supplements. We just work out hard and eat the rights foods, high in proteins.
Setanta

Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:15 pm
@Ragman,
If it was a viral marketing attempt, you bet it was deleted.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:26 pm
@jcboy,
Excellent. Congrats on your efforts. It's pretty satisfying when you find a routine that works for you.

I've been working on a walking regimen and has taken hold. I do power walking about 5 times per week and do 30 - 45 mins each walk. It's basically an activity I can do for no investment (budget reasons) and it's easily maintainable with my schedule. Now that the hot weather is here, I just make sure I do it no later than 8:30 am as the heat here can make it less than completely enjoyable unless there a refreshing breeze, though with beiong so close to the ocean most of the time it is there. I always carry water with me.

Too bad my dog just can't handle the power walk, too. He's just too skittish so I end up taking him to the park so he can blow off steam with a good game of catch at the fenced -in area at the dog park.
0 Replies

sheranudeep

Tue 17 Apr, 2012 04:03 am
@robinjohn12,
You have to increase your protein intake . Dont go for steroids . Get whey protein isolate. But also make sure that you exercise .
0 Replies

micalhassi

Fri 25 May, 2012 03:45 am
@robinjohn12,
Well you have to join quality gym for getting body muscles. It is not enough with this use healthy, fat and protein foods. These foods are full of calories that are used in building body muscles. Do daily work out for 30 mints but one thing should kept in mind before do any work out take advice from seniors. That would help to gain better body shape...
Butrflynet

Fri 25 May, 2012 10:28 am
@micalhassi,
Take exercise advice from these seniors.

http://www.seniorfitness.net/images/lineup.gif

And be sure to do 30 mints a day to lose weight.

http://www.bestbuycandy.com/productcart/pc/catalog/pillowmints_651_general.jpg
0 Replies

harveysmith27

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 04:33 am
If you want a body for long time then don't take any pills.
Just start doing exercise on daily basis. Eat more and healthy those having more fat and calories too. Take green vegetables, salad, fruit, juice, milk, bowled eggs, meat these kind of things will help to build your body.
0 Replies

joanne001

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:27 am
@robinjohn12,
I think in addition to eating, you need to stimulate your muscles enough through resistance training that while they recover, they'll get bigger and stronger. To get an efficient workout you must join a gym if you aren't already a member to work out under trainer guidance.
0 Replies

Jorge Gonzales

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 01:16 am
Steroid is a very bad option for body building as it helps in faster results but also affects the body very badly and has a lot of side effects.
You must go to a local gym in your city and must contact a gym trainer there. spend at least 1 hour in gym.
About exercise you must schedule your time for Cardio right before you go to gym. After doing cardio your body muscles needs strength exercise.
Eat healthy, sleep well and stay happy is the best policy for better and fastest results in bodybuilding.
Ragman

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 02:26 am
@Jorge Gonzales ,
Once again, you're replying to an inactive thread. This one is 2 yrs old and the poster has been off the site for 2 yrs.
0 Replies

BruceGarcia

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 05:25 am
Body building means you need to build more muscle. You should have to take proper diet, and the most important thing you need to do workouts. Increase your calorie intake, get enough protein, it helps you to increase protein growth.
0 Replies

syfsupps

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 09:31 pm
@robinjohn12,
In order to achieve your goal which is to build muscle, you gotta focus on eating muscle building foods like eggs, nuts, lean beef, protein shakes, cottage cheese, chickpeas, lentils, salmon, scallops, and other protein rich foods and veggies. Aside from eating the right foods, you still have to workout and do a full body workout routine like doing barbel, barbel bench press, barbel shoulder press, dumbbell, pull-ups, push press, etc. I hope that helps, good luck in your body building journey.