A funny kind of lynch mob...

djjd62

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:19 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The process will be open and accountable.

Laughing
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 04:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The process will be open and accountable. Both sides will be represented and the evidence will be presented and considered carefully.

I hope that is the case. But this case has received such wide-spread, and often racially-polarized, media attention, that I hope a truly unbiased jury pool can be found. The evidence can't be considered carefully, and objectively, if potential jurors have already been influenced by all the talking heads in the media.
BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:31 pm
@firefly,
Hard to had any faith in the justice system in this case where the very overruling of the first responders judgments seems solely basic on the media feed public outrage.

In order to find this at all justify you need to assume that the first responders that night were all both incompetent and racists.
firefly

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:49 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Hard to had any faith in the justice system in this case where the very overruling of the first responders judgments seems solely basic on the media feed public outrage.

I'm unclear about just what those initial judgments were. They did have Zimmerman in handcuffs that night--there are videos of that. Why was he in handcuffs? Why they didn't arrest him, and then continue the investigation, to determine whether filing formal charges against him would be justified, is what is unclear to me. They did have an unarmed young man who was dead, and Zimmerman did kill him, and arresting Zimmerman, to assure he stuck around during the investigation, would have seemed called for.

The public outrage was in response to law enforcement seeming to do nothing regarding either an arrest or an investigation.
BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:34 am
@firefly,
The police handcuff people for many reasons even when they have zero plans to arrested that person!!!! Such as sometimes in dealing with unknown people in a house that they are servicing a high risk search warrant at.

Now in this case it was likely for safety reasons being on a scene where they had not as yet come to a judgment if a crime had been committed or not.

They in this case unhandcuffed Zimmerman and released him after coming to the conclusion that he acted in self defense.

In any case handcuffing someone and arresting someone is not one and the same thing.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 06:28 am
@firefly,
Quote:
The public outrage was in response to law enforcement seeming to do nothing regarding either an arrest or an investigation.

Sorry the public outcry was to have Zimmerman arrested not for a more details investigation.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:04 am
@BillRM,
The public outcry was because in spite of the evidence it took almost a month for the police to do anything. It was only after evidence, including the 911 tapes, was released and it became clear that there were big holes in the story being told by Zimmerman and the police that the public outcry happened.

This was after 3 weeks of nothing being done about a teenager's death.

It was the facts of the case that caused the public to ask questions. It was the failure of the police to answer these legitimate questions after weeks of inaction that caused the public outcry.

parados

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 08:54 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry the shooting was investigated when it happen and why would something happen if law enforcement was of the opinion it was self defense!!!!!!

If that is your only argument then it is complete bull ****. No police investigation happens ONLY at the time it happened. There are always other questions to be answered that any good police investigation would answer. Why was Trayvon there? What did anyone else see or hear that might contradict the story told by that person? You don't find those answers at the time it happened.
BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:46 pm
@parados,
There was the "firing"/forcing out of the police chief and all kind of pressure place to have Zimmerman arrested not for a fuller investigation.

It was the unthinking mob and the people who control the mob bending the so call justice system for their own benefits.

The people who live off trying the to sell that racial injustice is alive and well and the ant-gun groups and of course the media that had a simple emotional story to sell of a poor unarmed boy and a white racist killer being protected from justice by a racist police department.

It sell wonderfully however it is very likely not to be the case to any degree.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:11 pm
@BillRM,
Are ant-guns used to kill ants, or do they use ants as ammo?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:29 am
@maxdancona,
They're highly sensitive instruments, designed to kill the ant who operates the controls in Bill's head.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:28 pm
@maxdancona,
You mean the same edited tapes that made Zimmerman look like a racist that was stalking someone? Or do you mean the full tapes where you can hear the dispatcher asking if the person is "white, black or Hispanic".

Or do you mean the tape that was played non-stop on the news claiming Zimmerman was a racist because they thought he was saying coon. The same tape that caused an NBC employee to be fired because it was edited to give a narrative that Zimmerman was racist.

Which holes are you referring to? The edited tape that was so grainy you couldn't see the cuts on the back of his head. The same tape the Martin family said was the smoking gun proving their son didn't attack Zimmerman or the tape that actually shows the cuts that was released 4 days after the edited tape.

Now be honest, the only reason this came to light is because the media said a white man killed a black boy. We now know Zimmerman isn't white and Martin wasn't a little boy. He stood 6 feet tall.
parados

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 02:00 pm
@Baldimo,
We now know that most conservatives don't know the difference between race and ethnicity.

Zimmerman is white. Martin was younger than 18.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 02:11 pm
@parados,
What does the ethnicity have to do with anything. See you still insist that Zimmerman is white when he is Hispanic. Trayvon might have been 17 but he was still 6'. Nothing little boy about that.
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 02:30 pm
@Baldimo,
It seems that the "little boy" was a drug user also as he was kicked out of school over drugs by one report.

Could be a reason to walk slowly looking to score some funds to pay for drugs.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:20 pm
@BillRM,
From the sound of it he was a pot smoker. I highly doubt he was looking to steal things for pot use. Not in the nature of a pot head. I have to admit I'm one myself so I could careless why he was kicked out of school. From what I know it was an empty bag anyhow.

If Trayvon was using something with more kick like meth I might agree with you, but it was pot.
BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Empty bag just mean that he would need to buy some more not that he is not a user and we do not know if he was just a pot smoker or doing other drugs.

Strange is it not that the news media have not been following that aspect of the case up is it not?

But let not confused the poor masses or take away from the story we are selling of a poor child kill by a racist.

If Zimmerman was a drug user I had a feeling they would be turning the woodpile over looking for all the details they could get.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:53 pm
@BillRM,
Your right we don't know what else he could have been using. I have only heard about pot, so I discount it as a reason for the confrontation.

I will agree with you though. If Zimmerman were using drugs we wouldn't hear the end of it, he would have been a drug crazed racist.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 06:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Now be honest, the only reason this came to light is because the media said a white man killed a black boy. We now know Zimmerman isn't white and Martin wasn't a little boy. He stood 6 feet tall.

I disagree. I think it came to light because a man killed an unarmed teenager and wasn't arrested. The racism part came in to play when people were trying to find a reason why he wasn't arrested -- as in, it was racism in the police department. Some people went overboard with the allegations and that didn't help at all, but the response to that (smearing the kid) helped even less.

Trayvon may not have been little but he was still a kid. 17 is not an adult. 28 is.
parados

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 06:09 pm
@Baldimo,
Zimmerman IS Hispanic (ethnicity) AND he IS white (race).

Your insistence he can't be white when he is Hispanic is rather troubling, don't you think? It shows an ignorance on your part that you have no desire to correct.