And this one hits too close to home

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 10:04 am
On February 22nd, a Boston College kid named Franco Garcia went missing. Then on the 23rd, as I was walking around near the Chestnut Hill Reservoir, I started to see signs about a missing student. He seemed happy, apple-cheeked, smart. He kinda had one of those Hispanic/Asian faces if that makes any sense. He worked as a pharmacy tech. He was the kind of kid, apparently, who checked in with his mother every day, so she immediately knew something was wrong.

The stats said 6' tall, 200 some-odd pounds. This kid was no pushover.

And he was missing.

A few weeks later, I was again walking at the Reservoir and there was a skiff boat. And, although I did not see them, there were divers. They were looking for his body. They did not find it on that day.

Flash forward to today. The body has been found; it was just in a different part of the Reservoir.

Link to video at Reservoir

I know this area well, as does RP. Of course we did not know the kid. But man oh man, it still feels surreal.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 4,012 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 10:40 am
@jespah,
yes heard about it this morning on the radio - poor family...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 10:41 am
@jespah,
That's so sad.

What happened?
Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 11:03 am
@sozobe,
At this point they don't know - autopsy will be done this week - he was last seen at marianne's a local college dive bar (I've been there myself in my younger days) and then later at an ATM camera showing him walking by
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 12:44 pm
@jespah,
In describing his ethnicity, are you thinking that his death may be due to a hate crime?
djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 12:49 pm
perhaps linked to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_face_murder_theory
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 03:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
No, it's just that his pic was on a bunch of posters and I used to see the posters as I walked. So I have no idea - it's more description than anything else. He was also wearing glasses in the poster pics.
Irishk

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 03:20 pm
@jespah,
One of the Boston papers published the photo of him that you probably saw on the 'missing' posters. He looks exactly as you described him!
jespah

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 06:19 am
@Irishk,
I walked by the Reservoir yesterday, and I'll walk by it today, and all can think of is - how did this happen? I suppose we'll learn of some toxicology report at some point. But if it isn't drinking or drugs, then you gotta wonder about depression, or if someone pushed him. Man oh man, what his mother must be enduring right now.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » And this one hits too close to home
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:43:33