The home within the self and the impact it has on the home without the self...

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 04:33 pm
In short, i am looking for details on how there are two types of homes and one influences the other. I believe that the true meaning of home is based entirely with the 'self' while this reflects on the 'home' such as a house or a building with a roof and all those things that go with a house. Tying the idea of a good self concept with the good home/house rutine. I figure that the safer you are with yourself, the safer you will be at home in the real world. As can be applied to love, comfort, and warmth. The happier you are with yourself, the happier you will be in your house. I just need some input. THANK YOU!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,060 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 08:41 pm
@Chaoschick,
That' s an interesting though but I would argue that there is no home without the self...now if I leave the sentence like that some guys are going to be very happy around the forum while thinking they hit a jackpot out of my pocket...so let me complete the idea just so people get it right..."self" on my account is a reflection of the world that makes you what you are at any given time, a pattern among patterns...the very same world that makes your tastes and preferences recast your "spirit" back on it...
north

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 08:51 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
That' s an interesting though but I would argue that there is no home without the self...now if I leave the sentence like that some guys are going to be very happy around the forum while thinking they hit a jackpot out of my pocket...so let me complete the idea just so people get it right..."self" on my account is a reflection of the world that makes you what you are at any given time, a pattern among patterns...the very same world that makes your tastes and preferences recast your "spirit" back on it...

so the self is a pattern

if the self is nothing but a pattern , then we would all be the same and of course we're not
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 09:10 pm
@north,
...are you suggesting there is only one pattern or that patterns cannot contain or be divided in sub patterns ? goggle some fractal videos please North...I am not in the mood to debate the obvious here...while you are entitled to believe what you want as anyone else is, please step back before you kick some quick answer without thinking...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 09:14 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Let me deliver it to you in a more pop culture "language" so that maybe you feel more comfortable with the idea :

0 Replies

north

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 09:44 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
...are you suggesting there is only one pattern or that patterns cannot contain or be divided in sub patterns ? goggle some fractal videos please North...I am not in the mood to debate the obvious here...while you are entitled to believe what you want as anyone else is, please step back before you kick some quick answer without thinking...

oh I'm familar with fractals

the deeper you go the more the pattern repeats , infinite
0 Replies

north

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 10:04 pm

Fil
the problem with fractals is once your in this particular shape , you can't get out !
0 Replies

Draco Ignis

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 01:49 pm
@Chaoschick,
I realize this was all months ago, but I feel like I have my two-cents worth to add here. I don't think there is any actual connection between the "home" of self and the house you life in, if I'm understanding your premise correctly. Yes, if you have a healthy, balanced sense of self then you are going to be happier. You will be happier in your house. But you would also be happier in a box, with a fox, or out watching the Red Sox. A proper sense of self is going to lead you to be happier wherever you are, the fact that you're happy at home is just coincidental. That being said, the bit where you mentioned "safe" threw up a red flag. No matter how healthy your self image, it doesn't keep you safe "at home in the real world." There are still lots of other "self"s running around out there, and some of them are real loonies.
Ding an Sich

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 08:04 pm
@Draco Ignis,
Stop necroing dead shitty threads. The philosophy forum is already bad as is.
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 12:03 am
Home was a place where people could obtain emotional assistance from being enclosed by their valued individual belongings, and houses offered a platform from which to venture into the world, and a acquainted position to come back to.
0 Replies