So you think you have a tough job.

jcboy

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 03:25 pm
I leave for work very early, its still dark out. Every morning I stop for a cup of coffee and talk to a school bus driver I see each morning I stop in. She’s in her forties, single mother of three. Moved here from Puerto Rico 8 years ago.

Her day starts at 4:30 AM when she has to clock in. She has a two hour break from 10:00 AM until noon and another break in the afternoon. She gets home between 6 and 6:30 PM everyday.

She’s paid 12 dollars an hour and is only paid for 8 hours in the day.

I asked her what does she do during the summer months when school is out, she said she looks for work but nobody wants to hire school buss drivers because they know once September comes round they go back to driving the school bus again.

She’s always telling me about her kids and how great they are and how well they do in school, they take care of the home and have dinner ready when she gets home.

Sounds like a hard life and tough job but I get the impression she is one hell of a good mom.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 03:33 pm
@jcboy,
I am pleased that I don 't work any more,
tho my jobs have been ez & comfortable, anyway.

It feels good to just relax.

David
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 06:56 pm
@jcboy,
Finding out what other people's life is like can sometimes completely knock you on your ass.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 08:21 pm
And yet her life is much better than the lives of countless people around the globe.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 09:35 pm
I admire these people who work such tough jobs for little money, especially when they're so optimistic and happy about it.

I do count my blessings every day for the fortunate life I have, no question
about it.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 01:08 pm
Morgan comes home and tells me about his conversations with his school bus driver friend everyday.

From the stories he tells me I admire this women immensely. Reminds me of when my sister and I were kids in Puerto Rico. Mom worked two jobs and we took care of the house that is where I learned how to cook. It was all out of love.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:55 am
Try being Morgans hail stylist then talk to me about tough jobs! Smile
0 Replies

jasperraff

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 01:48 am
@jcboy,
The hardship of being a mom is really bitter but the fruits of their children can drive them to happiness. I salute all mommies!
0 Replies