Ladies (or gentlemen), what brand of mascara do you use?

chai2

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 04:08 pm
Do you go for the drugstore classics, or some department store variety?

Eva

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 04:36 pm
I've tried all kinds, but I keep going back to the drugstore for Great Lash, the classic.

(In brownish black)
mismi

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 04:39 pm
@chai2,
http://www.maybelline.com/Uploads/Images/2010/12/lash-stiletto-ultimate-length-washable_pack-shot-crop_151815.jpg
Maybelline Lash Stilletto

This stuff rocks. And it washes off with regular face wash.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:03 pm
I use Cover Girl . . . Queen Latifah convinced me . . .
firefly

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:09 pm
@chai2,
I've tried all kinds, and I really prefer the drugstore variety, generally L'Oreal.
Currently I'm using this one in black
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hFOWVvh7LxQ/TqX-fycPE8I/AAAAAAAALjk/3pykZAQXrd0/s1600/loreal+facebook.jpg
It used to be that they pushed the natural look, now the mascara is supposed to mimic the look of false eyelashes. Laughing It's not bad (she says while batting her lashes), but I find the brush too long and a little awkward to use. I'll probably go back to the L'Oreal Double Extend for both volume and length.

jespah

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:10 pm
@Eva,
You 'n me, Eva.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:10 pm
@Setanta,
It is a fact that all men have thick luscious lashes.

What is up with that?
Ceili

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:21 pm
@firefly,
I used to use this, I hated the brush. Now I use a mabeline Lash Blast. I like the plastic-rubbery brush.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:33 pm
@mismi,
We have to have something you wimmins want . . . i am doubly blessed, because i have naturally curly hair . . .
mismi

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:35 pm
@Setanta,
Figures...my hair is straight as a stick and it takes 4 coats of mascara before you can even see my eyelashes.

Now I am grumpy.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:47 pm
I find myself using L'Oreal more often then not.

A few years back, I was rearranging my girly stuff, and realized ALL my makeup, and my hair color was L'Oreal. I hadn't even been consciously looking for it, but it must mean something that the brand I end up going with.

I bought some Rimmel when it was on sale, and I had a coupon. I really liked that too. Dramatic.

The reason I brought this up was that on the yahoo home page it lists ladies favorites. Maybelline Great Lash, at $4 was not only popular, but actually gave very good results. That stuffs been around forever and a day.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:52 pm
My friend Anthony owns his own salon. They do everything from hair, make up, nails etc, they will even give you a full body wax if you’re into that sort of thing.

I took this photo the last time I stopped in for a haircut.

Now if he would only get his own haircut Cool

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg39/scaled.php?server=39&filename=anthony44.jpg&res=medium
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:18 pm
Maybelline Volum' Express - One by One for regular use (when I remember to use it at all) - the Falsies Black Drama version for stage.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 05:08 am
I use Maybelline Great Lash. I need the waterproof stuff. All the other makeup needs I use Bobby Brown.

I have used olive oil for moisturizer/remover for years. I like the classic after shower oil from Avon. Recently, I have started using castor oil for lightening liver spots on my hands and for keeping moles down. (yes, it works, it just takes time - found that tip in an old natural healing book.) Also, drinking one teaspoon cider vinegar in water 2 x day to keep my system acidic.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 07:24 am
@chai2,
I usually use the ones I get free in the "Bonus" items at the department store - so usually Clinic or Estee Lauder. I rarely buy them as it always seems these come in the packages for free. Seeing at the local mall there are a few department stores and when I need my "beauty products" at least one of these stores has a bonus going on at the time.

Same with lipstick.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:56 am
I think most mascaras do the basic job of darkening and lengthening lashes and adding a little volume, so I'm more apt to be influenced by the type of wand and ease of application and removal than other factors. I also find that I have to buy mascara more often than other cosmetics because I use it up more quickly, and that's probably a factor in how much I want to spend and it also makes me more likely to try something new that a line such as L'Oreal might bring out because I know I'll be using it for a very short period of time.

But recently I'm really having a hard time finding an eyeliner I really like that's easy to apply. I'm finding the liquids with a brush either take too long to dry, or the brush isn't narrow enough to result in a finely defined line, and the felt-tip pen type of applicators I've tried seem to scratch my lid because not enough product saturates the application tip, and I don't like pencil type eyeliners.

Can anyone recommend an eyeliner that they really like?

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 09:03 am
@firefly,
I use estatee lauder (sp?) - eye crayons - I find it soft enough not to scratch the eyes, but yet not liquid so no drying issues.
firefly

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 10:33 am
@Linkat,
Do they remain on all day without smudging or wearing off, yet wash off easily? If so, I'm willing to give them a try.
Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 10:58 am
@firefly,
I haven't had an issue with either - some times it has come off during the day, but I think it is more that I touched my eyes - I haven't had an issue washing them off with basic eye maker remover or even baby oil.

You could though if you want to try it out first because you will pay a bit more for the department store products, is try it on at the counter and see how it works for the day.
firefly

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 11:09 am
@Linkat,
Thanks for the suggestion, Linkat. I am going to look into the eye crayons. I am willing to pay more for eyeliner because I do find that product lasts much longer than something like mascara.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ladies (or gentlemen), what brand of mascara do you use?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 03:43:53