Anyone know how to get on those HGTV shows?

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 03:04 pm
We are in the process of looking for a home to purchase. My daughter suggested we get on House Hunters as they always find a good home to buy. I'd rather be on that show with the Property Brothers - where they transform a butt ugly house into your dream home.

Now how the heck do I get on these shows?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 27,243 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Mame

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 04:46 pm
@Linkat,
No idea but good luck. Maybe there's a link on their websites Smile
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 05:22 pm
@Linkat,
There is a link on their website.

www.hgtv.com under the 'on tv' tab is one that says 'be on HGTV'

Good luck, that would be cool to be on one of those shows.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 05:30 pm
@Linkat,
Property Brothers recently finished a project here next door to a friend of mine - they applied online.

Apparently a number of these shows do a few in a row in one area/region, so it's worth trying to figure out where they're working - in case someone drops out. I don't know if that's true, but that's the scuttlebutt.
Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 08:03 am
@ehBeth,
Oh - I'll have to look today see if I can find them
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 12:47 pm
Ok so I looked these things up - unfortunately the Property Brothers are going to be filming in Austin TX - I will keep an eye to see if anything changes.

House Hunters seems like it would be a pain in the a$$. I read the details - 5 days - Day 1 interview at current residence and of us doing crap around our city showing our lifestyle, etc. Day 2 full day touring 3 houses Day 3 full day at second property (FULL DAY) Day 4 full day toruing final property - day 5 follow up interview after you move in and you doing crap around your new neighborhood. I don't mind the day 1 and 5 - but full days at each property?

They pay you a measly $500 and after all that you may end up not being on TV - although we would be so entertaining of course they would want us. And the HOA where we live now would have to sign a release - that would be a pain to try to get them to sign off - especially as we would get to complain about them - crazy neighbor would be a great thing for the show as well.

Maybe we can wait until after we move and get some sort of home make over - I think the teen remodel would be great.
roger

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 01:24 pm
@Linkat,
If you are selling, crazy neighbors might not be the hot tip.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 01:27 pm
@roger,
No buying that is what House Hunters is for...they help you find a home...

But they interview you at home (condo/crazy neighbor place) and film you and stuff to show what you are like - then at the end they do the opposite to show how happy and satisfied you are with your new home that house hunters helped you find.

I thought the crazy neighbor at our current location would be appealing and amusing to the audience. And the show wouldn't be on until after you sell, buy and move so they can show you all happy and crap at your new location.
0 Replies

redtail

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 11:57 pm
@Linkat,
Where did you see that they were filming in Austin?

We have the perfect house for a remodle show. Great potential, but needs work and more importantly, vision and design! The house is in the country at the end of a single street subdivision just outside of the city limits..so very few permit requirements. The house is in a deed restricted area, but this lot is exspressly exempted from the HOA deed restrictions! Thiese things combined would really streamline production of a reality TV remodle show.
roger

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2013 01:03 am
@redtail,
You may have missed them, redtail. Last post was March of last year.

Welp, maybe they're back.
0 Replies