The politics of hoodie wearing

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 01:52 pm
@BillRM,

Quote:
You seem to be obsessed with killing something.
But I am sure your only obsessed with your second constitution rights. Right?
BillRM wrote:

All the rights in the bill of rights and if you had read even a small percent of all my postings you would have known that.

I am not for killings however I am sure the hell for the right of self defense
up to deadly force when someone is trying to kill you.

An that right is independent of the skin colors of all the actors involved.
SO STIPULATED, Bill.

David
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 06:23 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
When your speculation goes against known facts it isn't very realistic speculation, is it?

I'm not aware of any known facts that contradict my speculation.

In fact, in the period from "when the dispatcher advised they didn't need him to pursue" to "when the fight/shooting took place" we have very little in the way of known facts.

I've suggested before that it would be nice if we had UK-style security camera coverage. Maybe it wouldn't cover the back yards (though maybe it would, if the residents wanted it), but it would at least cover the roads and sidewalks, and even that would give us a much clearer idea what happened.

If we had the actual backyard fight on video from multiple angles, there would probably be very little controversy right now over what happened.

parados wrote:
Which goes against what Zimmerman told the police and the defense told the jury

As before, maybe my speculation is wrong.

Or maybe Zimmerman got a little confused. Humans have been known to do that from time to time.

parados wrote:
and it would have required that he just stood around in the backyard for several minutes.

I imagine that his quest to find a street address would have been particularly fruitless and frustrating so long as he was looking in back yards.
Kolyo

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 08:47 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I've suggested before that it would be nice if we had UK-style security camera coverage.

If you ever have the gall to call yourself a defender of our personal liberties, I suggest people quote this fragment back to you.

Instant classic.

"Don't stop us from shooting first and thinking second, but feel free to videotape us everywhere we go."
oralloy

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 09:17 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I've suggested before that it would be nice if we had UK-style security camera coverage.

If you ever have the gall to call yourself a defender of our personal liberties, I suggest people quote this fragment back to you.

I do indeed have such gall.

Quote away. I am proud of most of my statements, including that one.

Kolyo wrote:
"Don't stop us from shooting first and thinking second, but feel free to videotape us everywhere we go."

I'm not against thinking before shooting.

Of course, if the threat is both grave enough and imminent enough, it may be imperative to shoot quickly. But it is good to be wise in one's shooting decisions.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 04:07 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Kolyo wrote:
oralloy wrote:

I do indeed have such gall.

Quote away. I am proud of most of my statements, including that one.

Kolyo wrote:

I'm not against thinking before shooting.

Of course, if the threat is both grave enough and imminent enough, it may be imperative to shoot quickly. But it is good to be wise in one's shooting decisions.
We shud all consider the wisdom of establishing more
public archery ranges and gunnery ranges, to enhance accuracy
in the populace, from the earliest possible ages; public spirited politicians
shud be required by ethics to hold the targets for the rest of us.
Instead of taxes based upon extortion, as we have now,
government instead being financed by a citizen paying $1 for each
arrow or gunshot at the target that the mayor or a councilman holds.
Is that a better means of government finance?
Fire all the tax collectors, to save money on their pay.
Can we be willing to innovate ?

Its only fair and it may have a salubrious effect upon
government interference with the Individual citizen.
It wud probably be more fun, too. Don 't u think ?
We shud be willing to think outside the box.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 04:42 am

Permit me to confess that I have not
actually tested this alternative technique of government finance
to ascertain whether it is more fun or not, but it might be.
oralloy

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 07:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
We shud all consider the wisdom of establishing more
public archery ranges and gunnery ranges, to enhance accuracy
in the populace, from the earliest possible ages; public spirited politicians
shud be required by ethics to hold the targets for the rest of us.
Instead of taxes based upon extortion, as we have now,
government instead being financed by a citizen paying $1 for each
arrow or gunshot at the target that the mayor or a councilman holds.
Is that a better means of government finance?
Fire all the tax collectors, to save money on their pay.
Can we be willing to innovate ?

Its only fair and it may have a salubrious effect upon
government interference with the Individual citizen.
It wud probably be more fun, too. Don 't u think ?
We shud be willing to think outside the box.

It's an interesting use of anti-gun politicians, but I'm not sure it would be the best use of all politicians.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 07:23 pm

Mr. Zimmerman is in Texas, and he has a new gun.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/31/george-zimmerman-stopped-for-speeding-in-north-texas/
BillRM

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 08:17 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David do not break my heart as it would be must more fun to reenacted the French revolution with old fashion guillotines.

I even have the engineering drawings for those guillotines in my computer.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 01:10 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I hope that he got a decent revolver.
Pistols do not deserve our confidence.

David
revelette

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 08:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
In today's new cycles, that is way yesterday's news. I think the politics of the Zimmerman trial will be around long after Zimmerman himself is long away from relevance. Unless of course he puts himself in the headlines again.
BillRM

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 04:12 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
Unless of course he puts himself in the headlines again.

He might need to do so if some of the assholes who are issuing death threats that the government are ignoring try to carry out their threats.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 10:38 pm
@BillRM,
He seems to be able to protect himself now that he has a gun. Why should we citizens foot the bill for protecting a man able to protect himself?
BillRM

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 03:44 am
@RABEL222,
I do not know perhaps the whole idea that the government have an obligation to protected it citizens even the ones that it does not like from would be assassins?

To say nothing that it set a bad example for government to allow such nonsense to go on and tell all citizens that the rule of law in fact does not exist when you happen to be on the bad side of the people then in power.

A Nancy Grace get a death threat and the whole power of government swing into action but no one care even when jury members and their families are threaten!

No reason to be loyal to a government that have that low level of morals now is there.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 07:41 pm
@BillRM,
But the reason you carry a gun is because you dont trust government to protect you. Does this mean that you dont want government interfearence in your life or that you do?
BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 10:01 pm
@RABEL222,
B
Quote:
ut the reason you carry a gun is because you dont trust government to protect you. Does this mean that you dont want government interfearence in your life or that you do?

Odd as I have great respect for the fire department however I still think it wise to have a few fire extinguishers around the house and in my car.

If the society would assign me a fire fighting team and police protection with me 24/7 then I would need neither fire extinguishers or firearms myself however as that is unlikely to happen I will keep both my fire arms and fire extinguishers.

Natural disasters can and have knocked out all public safety protections for weeks to months and what public safety that were available there was no way to summon as the phone lines and cell towers was not in working order.

Been there is 1992 myself in south florida.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 09:07 am
@BillRM,
So basically you dont trust your government to protect you.
BillRM

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 09:37 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
So basically you dont trust your government to protect you.

You are being silly.........

I trust them to do the best they can and within human power to do however I do not think that they have magical powers that would allow a cop or a firefighter to show up within minutes of a problem occurring when seconds not minutes matter.

A fire that can be deal with at once by a standard fire extinguisher could become an out of control larger fire by the time a fire responder can show up.

A whole family can be killed before police can show up to deal with a home invasion.

A person can bleed to death from a wound before emergency care can show up unless there are people that can deal with the wound at the fire aid level beforehand and so on.

Nor do I think they have mind readers to be able to know that their help is needed when all communications have been knock out.

To sum up I think that a person chances to survival go up sharply if they have some tools. training and abilities to deal with life threatening problem themselves and at once.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 04:42 pm
Quote:
George Zimmerman arrested for allegedly pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend

George Zimmerman was charged Monday with aggravated assault, domestic violence battery and criminal mischief,
after an incident at his girlfriend's home in central Florida, said Dennis Lemma, chief deputy with the Seminole
County Sheriff's Office.

Zimmerman, who was acquitted earlier this year of murdering teenager Trayvon Martin, was arrested Monday after
he allegedly pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend, a spokesman for the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said.
(cnn)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 04:59 pm
Hey I'm a hoodie sometimes! This is me in my camping/hiking camo coat, the hood keeps my ears warm as toast and boosts my street cred image as a "mystic holy man" of immense spiritual depth..Smile

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/586/y3t5.jpg

0 Replies