Any idea of how to fix this glitch when accessing the internet?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 10:34 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Cyclo, if you're reading this .....

Remember (or perhaps you can't?) a few months back you helped me restore the spell-checker to my browser? After much gnashing of teeth from me & from various A2Kers who were trying to help find the solution ....

Well, with all the cleaning up of my system today, the spell-check add-on vanished. I was just about to ask for extra help here when I remembered that past episode ... AND with a bit of searching, found your directions!
Fixed it myself! Can you believe?
Was that tech-savvy or what? Wink Very Happy

So thank you again for the help you gave me months ago which I have just used again!

Now let's just hope my computer settles down a behaves for a while!

That's the dirty secret of us geeks - we just look up every question we don't know.

Whenever I have something I don't know how to do on the computer, I just type the question into Google -

"How do I know if I have a virus?"
"How do I fix the spell-check in Firefox?"
"How do I uninstall xx program?"

Works like a charm every time. I didn't know how to fix your problem when you asked the first time, before you asked - I just looked it up!

Cheers!
Cycloptichorn
BillRM

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 10:45 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
The only time that does not work is when the problem is happening to you and it is keeping you off the internet.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 11:05 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The only time that does not work is when the problem is happening to you and it is keeping you off the internet.

That's when you use some other method. I've trouble-shot my router using an iphone in the past!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies