Obviously Revenues Were Threatened

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:53 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

I agree. But I read that he has the number 1 most listened to talk show in America. So a lot of people do listen to him.

It is certain they believe him when they tell them they are being abused because they are, but the sad fact is that many accept his version of events, which exculpates the guilty and charges the innocent... Will the likes of him ever admit that our constitution was an abortion cobbled together to resemble a livng organism, that is made out of injustice, North and South, and East, and West??? To make an amoinder of our responsibility to change our society when it become necessary is to deny all responsibility in all the befalls us, and that can lead to nothing but mutual disgust and mistrust...

I am guilty... I am also responsible... No one has benefitted as much as me from an injustice I was no party to, but I have enjoyed the unfairness of life... And I am responsible for trying all my adult life to change things...I may be no less a victim than any rushnugget, but I have been, and I am resisting against long odds, and I will never plead innocent...Nobody loves a victim...This victim is resisting... Rush victims are blaming, and he is telling them who to blame... If they cannot see who to blame by who is getting rich with our division then they are primarily the victims of ignorance...
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:53 am

Not only has 9 advertisers but two radio stations have dropped Limbaugh.

Quote:
WBEC in Pittsfield, Massachusetts and KPUA in Hilo, Hawaii have pulled the plug on Limbaugh after his words against Fluke's advocacy of insurance coverage of birth control "crossed a line for them." Even after an apology, many like WBEC's General Manager Peter Barry feel that "this time he's taken it too far."

KPUA echoed WBEC's line of standards. "The most recent incident has crossed a line of decency and a standard that we expect of programming on KPUA whether it is locally produced or a syndicated program like the Rush Limbaugh Show," said KPUA president Chris Leonard in a statement. "...Regardless of one's political views on the issue being discussed, we feel the delivery was degrading and the continued comments over several days to be egregious. As a result, we are discontinuing the Rush Limbaugh program on KPUA effective immediately.

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:04 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

I agree. But I read that he has the number 1 most listened to talk show in America. So a lot of people do listen to him.

A lot of people listened to Hitler, Napoleon, Attila The Hun, Mao and Osama Bin Laden as well to name but a few. Hell some people even listen to me .
Fido

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:29 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

A lot of people listened to Hitler, Napoleon, Attila The Hun, Mao and Osama Bin Laden as well to name but a few. Hell some people even listen to me .
Tyranny always appeals to democracy, and if they do not supply what the people need from the arrangment they can count their days...Whether the cause is of the right or the left, history shows that it takes such a long time to recover from tyranny, if it is at all possible to recover, that it is not possible to see it as a cure to our troubles in any sense of the word...

I do expect that the people of the right, with their influence in the military, will at some point make the first move in tyranny and treason, and there will be a blood bath for anyone who disagrees...I do not blame the rank and file... When forms like the government and economy are failing it is only natural for people to step back to forms like religion that offer a recapture of a past happy time... They would move forward if they could remember the evil religious strife has spawned, but it is still natural for them to forget, and to avoid responsibility for their own future...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:39 am
@djjd62,
Quote:

first off, i'd consider the source, in the end it would be their decision, but in this case (and if it was me all cases) i'd certainly petition to let it go,
And by considering the source as ultimately flawed, by letting it ride wold merely encourage more of it
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:42 am
@maxdancona,
Its an untrue stement deliberately posed to incite and defame. Its covered under libel and slander civil rules. If she wishes to run it through the courts it will probably lead to a settlement from the Limbo handlers.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:53 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Defamation per se
The four (4) categories of slander that are actionable per se are (i) accusing someone of a crime; (ii) alleging that someone has a foul or loathsome disease; (iii) adversely reflecting on a person’s fitness to conduct their business or trade; and (iv) imputing serious sexual misconduct. Here again, the plaintiff need only prove that someone had published the statement to any third party. No proof of special damages is required.
I submit that you have no idea of what you speak on this particular case and subject. The 1st amendment isnt a blanket license .
FreeDuck

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 01:33 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

thack45 wrote:

i wonder now if rush could sue for libel if he can prove that he isn't literally a device used to administer a douche...

There have been rumors through the years that Mr. Limbaugh has administered a couple of felch douches in the past to covert gay lovers. I'm not saying it's true, I'm just saying the possibility exists. I'd love to say him go through a long and lengthy public trial to prove it isn't, though. Mr. Green

His lack of understanding as to how female hormonal birth control works certainly makes one question exactly who he has been having sex with. Wink
Fido

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 07:45 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

thack45 wrote:

i wonder now if rush could sue for libel if he can prove that he isn't literally a device used to administer a douche...

There have been rumors through the years that Mr. Limbaugh has administered a couple of felch douches in the past to covert gay lovers. I'm not saying it's true, I'm just saying the possibility exists. I'd love to say him go through a long and lengthy public trial to prove it isn't, though. Mr. Green

His lack of understanding as to how female hormonal birth control works certainly makes one question exactly who he has been having sex with. Wink

He has two girl friends: Olive Oil, and Mary Palmer....
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 07:57 pm
@djjd62,
Think of Hitler in the 1930's and what happened to the German Jewish population in the 1930's and 40s,s because of the slander.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:05 pm
@farmerman,
Let him scream fire in a crowded theater to test his first admendment right.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:08 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Think of Hitler in the 1930's and what happened to the German Jewish population in the 1930's and 40s,s because of the slander.
Every evil people do begins with evil people say...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 11:31 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Obviously Revenues Were Threatened

Four more advertisers ditch rush

Quote:
In total, this makes 26 advertisers who have taken steps to end ads on Limbaugh’s show since last week. See our updated count HERE.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 11:38 pm
I bet that I have not listened to Rush more than 10 minutes in the last 10 years, but it is clear to me that those who want to make him shut up are far more dangerous than he is.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 12:11 am
@hawkeye10,
SO STIPULATED!

David
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:40 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I bet that I have not listened to Rush more than 10 minutes in the last 10 years, but it is clear to me that those who want to make him shut up are far more dangerous than he is.
Bullshit!!! Freedom of Press, and Freedom of Religion ought to have demonstrable public purpose, and all those people who use what is essentially a privilage to attack rights the rest of us cannot live without -need to be hung up by their nuts and flayed alive... If they were supporting our rights we might have the time and money to make an issue of the rights they attack, and give them a proper defense... We suffer a want of rights, and it means we must work longer hours for less money if we are even allowed to work, and I lay it squarely before the churches and the press and ask: Where is your support for our human and civil rights... For what good purpose, what general purpose, and what civil purpose have you used the privilages granted to you by the constitution???

Press and churches are the enemy of the people, and they are protected by the constitution because they help protect the class which wrote the constitution for its own benefit and power...They are what the nobles and church were from Anglo Saxon times in England: Part of the Constitution, and mutually supportive of the injusitice that constitution made possible...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:47 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

It's my opinion that "liberals" NEED to be dangerous to all these ******* idiots on the right and since the right likes peddling fear more than anything, could use a great big old dose of it themselves. That's the only reason they walk around waving their peckers anyway, they're so frightened of everything and everybody outside of the tiny parameters they've created for themselves that they've even created a pissed off vindictive God to stand behind like a little kid sticking his tongue out at that boy across the street from behind mommy's apr0n strings. I sincerely hope the right feels endangered by the left. Why not, they're scared of every other damn thing.
djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:53 am
@RABEL222,
so i shouldn't be allowed to say rick santorum rapes preemie puppies because some dipshit might believe it

disclaimer, rick santorum does not rape preemie puppies, i'm pretty sure that was ted kennedy
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:07 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

so i shouldn't be allowed to say rick santorum rapes preemie puppies because some dipshit might believe it

disclaimer, rick santorum does not rape preemie puppies, i'm pretty sure that was ted kennedy
If the right can be so manipulated with fear, and managed by lies; they have no right to be in the land of the free... Democracy is defensive... There is no way around the fact that democratic people are aware of the real danger they may face, and can freely act to minimize that danger...The republicans have painted every person who demands the rights they need as the enemy of the way things once were... The way things were is a myth, because it never was that good for most of us... If they should look for example at all the dark skinned people demanding rights, medical care, and education as the enemy of their mythic past of happiness, then they should look at who invited them in for exploitation... Those who wanted to make slaves of the mexicans are the true brothers of those who made slaves of the blacks, so they are the historic enemy of the republicans... There is no difference between wage slavery and chattel slavery, and the more a person slaves the less capable he is of democracy... The republicans are not the ideological enemy of the democrats... IN most respects they agree with the democrats... Those who vote republican are the enemy of the United States, the enemy of the whole people who are vicitimized by both parties, and they are the enemy of human rights... Such people as vote republican are against the very ideas that made the United States possible, and are against those who first made independence fro England possible... They are not the ideological enemy of freedom and democracy and justice; but they are the real enemy of these qualities, and of the people of this country... They want to exclude us from our rights... They are excluding themselves from every humane consideration... They are hogs, and should be feared rather than respected...
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:42 am
@DrewDad,
If wonder of wonders he actually get shamed off the air waves, I guess he can always join Glen Beck and Imus on one of the fox news channels.

Quote:
Conservative radio icon Rush Limbaugh is hemorrhaging advertisers following his harsh comments about a Georgetown University law student last week, with at least 29 halting their commercials on his show, according to Politico. Two stations have dropped him as well. The Atlantic Wire counted 31 advertisers who have abandoned Limbaugh.

Limbaugh offered a written apology and repeatedly insisted on-air this week that he was being sincere in his contrition after calling Sandra Fluke a “slut” and a “prostitute” for urging employers to cover contraception in her appearance before members of Congress. Politico reported that the advertisers who pulled out include Allstate, AOL, Sears, Quicken Loans and Pro Flowers.

Liberal blog ThinkProgress has a running tally that estimates 35 advertisers have dumped Limbaugh's show.

national journal
0 Replies