IS RUSH A CONSERVATIVE?? WHAT DOES HE CONSERVE?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 11:52 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
In my own opinion, you might have been taken for Jewish in the past, because people subscribing to stereotypes might have thought your well honed intelligence would likely come from someone that is Jewish. Especially, since your first name is David and you are a lawyer.
Yeah; my name was questioned.
This was in Holland (Amsterdam).

Foofie wrote:
In fact, now I am starting to believe you might be Jewish, even though you are not aware of it.
Perhaps, a gene from a past ancestor, centuries back? Just funning.
My law partner, Elliot, was Jewish. I met him in NY Mensa and I hired him.
We had a law firm out on Long Island, NY.
1ce, we lost all electrical power for about an hour and a half.
In conversation with him on the subject, he intoned:
"Let there be light!" and within 1 second, within the time it takes to sneeze,
the lights came back on and our electric typewriters worked again.

I have noticed that in NY, this has come up mostly from happy, satisfied Jews
who are newly very pleased with unexpectedly good results
of my work for them in court.
1ce in a while, I got hit in the head with a clever trial strategy.
Forgive my boasting, but it feels good for my professional creativity
when my clients literally jump for JOY,
while shouting: "U r a GOOD Lawyer! U r a GOOD Lawyer!"

Someone 1ce said that life is a series of special moments
strung together by boredom.

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 11:54 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Another one is the childish "troll" nonsense.

I've heard that from so many trolls, I just have to believe it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 12:00 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
IS RUSH A CONSERVATIVE?? WHAT DOES HE CONSERVE?

What many/most conservatives try to conserve; things ignorant, things unfair, things despicable, things stupid, things intrusive to personal liberty, things that anyone with a brain can see are false.

Would you like some very pointed examples, Om?
From someone whose mind I respect: I 'd consider it, J.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 12:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
It was specifically stated that it was a Jewish company. It was not stated that it was a Jewish "owned" company.
That difference is important, I think, only to you. We are talking about today arent we? SO what is yor overall point? I believe theres some smoke and a few mirrors invloved

I cannot agree with you. And your response above, in my opinion, is just a trivialization of what I know is offensive to many Jewish people.

You see Jewish Americans would like to think that the non-Jewish Americans are reaching a point where being Jewish is just a religion, an ethnic group , and a very mixed gene pool. However, identifying something as "Jewish" does harken back to the days, in the minds of more than one person (Jewish or not Jewish, I believe), when hotels in Miami proudly advertised "Only Gentiles." So, in the minds of some people (and let's be honest that reflects a percentage of the population), a "Jewish company" has connotations that reflect positive and negative biases (i.e., the prices may be too high, the advertising might be false, the prices may discounted for inferior merchandise, the staff might be too Jewish and one might not be comfortable with any interaction)

So, please don't pretend there is no bias when it comes to Jews today, whether they are totally secular, or religious. In a world where so many liberals find the Palestineans a downtrodden group, but cannot find the Jewish Israelis a
victim of the genocide, in Europe in the 20th century, that requires their own homeland. I think you are not seeing the reality, other than from your own vantage point.

Put it this way, political correctness basically states we should be color-blind, and blind to other differences. So, referring to a company as a "Jewish company," rather than a "Jewish owned company," is not politically correct. And, then the question is what motivates that political incorrectness? So, no one is accusing anyone of bias; however, it might reflect some quality unknown to me to speak in a vernacular that is atavistic to the 20th century.

Do you refer to companies as Jewish companies or Gentile companies. (Or do "Gentile companies" need no distinction, since only "Jewish companies" need a distinction, in the way of a "warning" to unsuspecting non-Jews, that they might be doing business with a group one should be wary of?) Otherwise, why make the distinction that a company is "Jewish"? Please expound on the need for such a distinction, if no pejorative would be implied? Sort of like my not referring to people in your neck-of-the-woods as "hicks," since it can be insulting, because it implies they might be rubes, and today, with the advent of tv, radio, mass education, people can live anywhere and be sophisticated about all sort of things. The term "hick" is atavistic, and might just make someone in your neck-of-the-woods feel offended. See? If I do not want to offend anyone in your neck-of-the-woods, I just don't use an atatvistic term, since it could be offensive to people I have no desire to offend.

So, in my own opinion, anyone that would not understand that the term "Jewish company" is offensive to many Jews possibly might not understand the ways of urban diverse American.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:01 pm
@Foofie,
You wrote,
Quote:
is just a trivialization of what I know is offensive to many Jewish people.

How many? Did you ever do a count? 10%? 20%? 30%?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You outdavid David.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:
is just a trivialization of what I know is offensive to many Jewish people.

How many? Did you ever do a count? 10%? 20%? 30%?

Sorry, the logic is that if I explained that YOUR use of the term "Jewish company" is offensive to me, then the correct answer is, "Sorry!" Attempting to argue anything is offensive. Go away.
Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:23 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Foofie, for at least this once, has raised some pertinent issues, Farmer, and you, the "academic", are going to great pains to avoid addressing what he has posed.

H2oMan has learnt you sum'n. Shame on you, Farmerman.

Thank you for your input.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:26 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

When did this site become about Foofee rather than Rush?

Then change the title of the thread to, "Is Foofie A Conservative?? What Does He Conserve?"

Yes, Foofie is a Conservative. And, Foofie conserves a love of country, in a society that suffers from, in his opinion, a feeling of entitlement and unfounded hubris.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:28 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie, Many things might be "offensive" to you, but that's your problem. Many companies, regardless of culture, use their family name or their country of ancestry. If that's offensive to you, that's your problem. They include almost all the different businesses named after culture or family name. You live in a cloister, and need to get out more.
Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The original founders of Florsheim were Jews. Florsheim Shoes declared bankruptcy about a decade ago, but the Florsheim brothers have since then reclaimed the name Florsheim Shoes, and now reside in New York. I still see Florsheim Shoe stores around; even at Valley Fair SC in San Jose, CA.

You have been banished from the "Foofie cosmos."
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:30 pm
@Foofie,
Good! And, thank god. Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green celebration: Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:30 pm
@Foofie,
you put him up your black hole?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Foofie, Many things might be "offensive" to you, but that's your problem. Many companies, regardless of culture, use their family name or their country of ancestry. If that's offensive to you, that's your problem. They include almost all the different businesses named after culture or family name. You live in a cloister, and need to get out more.

There is no Jewland, other than in the minds of anti-Semites. Florsheim does not connote Jewishness. The use of the term "Jewish company" is offensive, like saying, "Asian mayor," rather than just "mayor." But, if you do not want to be corrected, do not post to me. And, again - go away!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 02:20 pm
@Foofie,
You are confused; many from different countries who open businesses in other countries use their family name or cultural roots. "Jewland" is any place Jews migrate to and from. Many in Europe had/has Jewish ghettos where Jews congregated; no different than many Asians and other "minorties" who have migrated to the US. It's not about Jews; it's about all of humanity.

My brother was an "Asian mayor" in Lodi, and there have been other minorities who are or have been mayors of their city or town.

The following is from Wiki.
Quote:
History of Asian Americans
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Asian American history is the history of an ethnic and racial groups in the United States who are immigrants or descendants of persons from the continent of Asia. Spickard (2007) shows that "Asian American" was an idea invented in the 1960s to bring together Chinese, Japanese, and Filipino Americans for strategic political purposes. Soon other Asian-origin groups were added, such as Korean, Vietnamese, Hmong and South Asian Americans.[1] They have arrived as unskilled workers in significant numbers 1850-1905, and largely settled in Hawaii and California. They were the subject of intense hostility on the mainland into the 1940s.[2] Since the change in the immigration laws in 1965, middle class Asians from many countries arrived in large numbers as college students, engineers and businessmen. Their image of success was portrayed with headlines of the "Model Minority". For the contemporary situation see Asian American.v

2000, Norman Y. Mineta. Democratic Congressman, appointed by President Bill Clinton as the first Asian American appointed to the U.S. Cabinet; worked as Commerce Secretary (2000–2001), Transportation Secretary (2001–2006).
2001, Elaine Chao was appointed by President George W. Bush as the Secretary of Labor, serving to 2009. She is the first Asian American woman to serve in the Cabinet.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 02:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
BTW, John Kennedy was the first Catholic US President.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 08:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

"Jewland" is any place Jews migrate to and from.

I think the above speaks for itself. Thanks for making the U.S.A. a satellite of Israel.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 08:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Foofie, Many things might be "offensive" to you, but that's your problem.

Wrong answer. Standard common etiquette dictates that one apologizes when one offends another. It might be my problem to "feel offended'; however, it would be your problem to learn how to show common manners and apologize when seemingly offending someone. If you don't subscribe to what standard etiquette dictates, I might be wrong in assuming that the west coast has similar social mores as the east coast. So, don't apologize, but don't think I will then interact with you.

Yet, it is not offense that makes me react. It is that there is a younger generation of Jewish Americans that will be interacting with their generation one day. Must they all carry the same pejorative emotional baggage that your generation lived with? And, it is pejorative, since as you might know there is more than one national sports team with Jewish ownership; however, there is no mention of its Jewish ownership, since to make anything "Jewish," in my opinion, is to spoil it for those Gentiles that take pride in their Gentile culture/world being pure Gentile. Anything Jewish would spoil it for many, I believe. So, when one makes mention of anything being Jewish, it is a priori a pejorative of whatever is being referenced.

Now, don't bother me please. I do not value all your international travel, since I am of the belief that travel is done for its memories, and memories are just an egocentric attempt, in my opinion, in making one's life more of an extravaganza. Too egocentric for my humble existence.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 10:27 am
@Foofie,
Standard etiquette? ROFLMAO And you're the standard? LOL

Give me a ******* break! You're a loser who has no common sense. Your family and friends must always be apologizing to you for their "offenses."

You talk about "emotional baggage" as if Jews are the only ones who has suffered in this world. WRONG! You live with "victimitist." It's a chronic disease that hits a few people in this world; it's a mental state that's not normal.

We "all" live with some form of discrimination or societal offense. You should crawl into your shell and stay there; it'll be much safer for you.

Your take on travel is way off the mark; it's about expanding one's knowledge about this world; meeting people who live in different lands, enjoying their sites, their food and drink, and yes, making memories.

What you call "egocentric" is based solely on your ignorance. I have friends all around the world. Your circle of friends must be very small, indeed.

One more thing; I've have met many a2kers in the flesh. When I was in Hamburg last year, I had friends from Manchester, England, and Lippstadt, Germany, join me there to spend three days together. They have also visited Northern California in years past, and we have spent time together.

They are my friends.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 11:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Standard etiquette? ROFLMAO And you're the standard? LOL

Give me a ******* break! You're a loser who has no common sense. Your family and friends must always be apologizing to you for their "offenses."

You talk about "emotional baggage" as if Jews are the only ones who has suffered in this world. WRONG! You live with "victimitist." It's a chronic disease that hits a few people in this world; it's a mental state that's not normal.

We "all" live with some form of discrimination or societal offense.
I deny that. I don 't live with any form of discrimination.
( I cannot begin to guess what "societal offense" means. )

David