IS RUSH A CONSERVATIVE?? WHAT DOES HE CONSERVE?

Rockhead

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
it's your nose, dave.

you have a decidedly jewish nose...
parados

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:41 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

it's your nose, dave.

you have a decidedly jewish nose...

Nah, it's the way he spells "tukus"
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:36 am
@parados,
Mr. Green
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:15 am
@Rockhead,
FOR THE RECORD:
Rocky n I have never met.

1ce, it was because of my first name.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:16 am
@parados,
I deny that I have ever spelled it.

David
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:16 am
@OmSigDAVID,
sure we have, dave.

I'm sure you just didn't realize it at the time...

very jewish nose.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 07:53 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Just taking your viewpoint to its logical conclusion!

Logical conclusions are far beyond you, Foofie. You are the deliverer of foofieisms.

Having three vowels in a row in, "foofieisms" is verboten. The correct spelling is, "Foofisms."
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 08:10 am
@farmerman,
Nyet! It was specifically stated that it was a Jewish company. It was not stated that it was a Jewish "owned" company. There is a difference in the interpretation by the popular culture. That being that a company "becomes Jewish" based on its ownership. And, we both know that it was "Jewish companies" that were targeted for takeover by the Nazi party. IG Farben was a chemical company with many Jews on the Board of Directors (chemical companies evolving from the medieval used clothes "dying rags" trade - Jews being involved since it was one of the few trades they could participate in). When Germany incorporated Austria into the Reich, IG Farben and other "Jewish companies" suddenly became bereft of Jewish personnel, including Boards of Directors. So, IG Farben, as it incorporated chemical companies into itself, in each conquered country, was "cleansed of its Jewish past," and was an acceptable Aryan owned company.

My point is that the term "Jewish company" has a dark side. And, even today, many an urban youth (and not so young) still thinks of some businesses as Jewish or not.

So, if one is not biased, then one should, in my opinion, learn the correct vernacular. Like Jews like to be referred to as Jewish, not Jew, since "Jew" has historically just been used as an epithet. It was used like the "N" word.

And, to refer to a company as Jewish is really just something that one would have heard in the first half of the 20th century, when Jews were marginalized in many venues - business, academia. If one still subscribes to such designations, my opinion is that it is just an atavistic use of language.

By the way, the company in question was Florsheim shoes. That doesn't sound Jewish, like the last names of Jewish lawers in a law firm. So, how does Florsheim become Jewish?
Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 08:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:

Just taking your viewpoint to its logical conclusion!

That's not a logical conclusion; that's YOUR conclusion without much common sense.

There are many businesses in the USA and elsewhere with ethnic restaurants and bars with names such as Bombay, Tex-Mex, Yoshi's, Murphy's, etc., etc., etc. In today's world, just because a business might have an ethnic name, doesn't mean the owner is of the same ethnicity. In many of those businesses, even the workers might be of another culture, and many are. Times have changed since the time I worked for Florsheim Shoes. BTW, my bosses name at Florsheim was Harry Revkin. Other workers at Florsheim also had "Jewish" names including Morgitch.

Also, many Hebrew names have been Germanized, so trying to identify "who is a Jew" becomes almost impossible. I have two different friends with the last name of Brodsky; one is Jewish and the other not. Our friend's daughter married a Cohn, but he's not Jewish.

You don't understand much of anything, do you?

Businesses cater to everybody without regard to race, gender, culture, or anything else; they just want to do good business. No different with Florsheim Shoes. They used to have a good product that was popular with many Americans. I still meet many of them on my travels.

So, why refer to Florsheim shoes as a "Jewish company"? IG Farben was referred to as a Jewish chemical company, and that was why many of the Jews on the Board of Directors had to leave when the Nazis took over. I did not know that in the U.S.A. in the 21st century a company can be Jewish or otherwise?
Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 08:16 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

So your a racist. You are against minorities. Dont you realize that the U.S is made up of minorities. Where do you live if you dont know this.

You are not explaining why you make this accusation. You need to give specifics; otherwise, I cannot give credence to your claim.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 08:26 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

So your a racist. You are against minorities. Dont you realize that the U.S is made up of minorities. Where do you live if you dont know this.

But, we should not think of a business as having an ethnicity, since it is a business, and not a person. In the world of business, money has no ethnicity.

I am not sure what your point is, but in my opinion, since you used the word "racist" to describe my intent, without attempting to understand what I said, you have no problem with pejorative labels for me, and therefore we will likely never be lasting friends. Our friendship has now ended. Boo hoo.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 08:30 am
@OmSigDAVID,
In my own opinion, you might have been taken for Jewish in the past, because people subscribing to stereotypes might have thought your well honed intelligence would likely come from someone that is Jewish. Especially, since your first name is David and you are a lawyer.

In fact, now I am starting to believe you might be Jewish, even though you are not aware of it. Perhaps, a gene from a past ancestor, centuries back? Just funning.

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 09:12 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
It was specifically stated that it was a Jewish company. It was not stated that it was a Jewish "owned" company.
That difference is important, I think, only to you. We are talking about today arent we? SO what is yor overall point? I believe theres some smoke and a few mirrors invloved
JTT

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:10 pm
@farmerman,
Foofie, for at least this once, has raised some pertinent issues, Farmer, and you, the "academic", are going to great pains to avoid addressing what he has posed.

H2oMan has learnt you sum'n. Shame on you, Farmerman.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:48 pm
@JTT,
When did this site become about Foofee rather than Rush?
JTT

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
When did this site become about Foofee rather than Rush?

Your panic is showing, Rabel. This "site" isn't about Rush. And don't raise this crap about going off topic. Everyone including you goes off topic all the time.

It's only people who are afraid to find the truth that use this silly piece of drivel. Another one is the childish "troll" nonsense.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:40 pm
@Foofie,
The original founders of Florsheim were Jews. Florsheim Shoes declared bankruptcy about a decade ago, but the Florsheim brothers have since then reclaimed the name Florsheim Shoes, and now reside in New York. I still see Florsheim Shoe stores around; even at Valley Fair SC in San Jose, CA.
JTT

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
See, Rabel.

As if this would actually have to be pointed out to you.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:48 pm
IS RUSH A CONSERVATIVE?? WHAT DOES HE CONSERVE?

What many/most conservatives try to conserve; things ignorant, things unfair, things despicable, things stupid, things intrusive to personal liberty, things that anyone with a brain can see are false.

Would you like some very pointed examples, Om?
RABEL222

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 10:58 pm
@JTT,
Much rather hear how anal you and Rush are than Foofee.
0 Replies