I'm 16 and my mothers verbally and sometimes physically abusive. What do I do?

firefly

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:37 pm
I'm feeling concerned that we haven't heard from MiniMe16 for almost a week. I hope that she is all right.
0 Replies

wondering-why12

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 10:26 am
I saw in your story that this abusive relationship between you and you mother started when u were 10. I'm in the exact same situation as you and I'm 12 now. Just like u I also have a grandma that very close to me and I want to go live with her or my dad. But the problem is I tell my grandma but she doesn't do anything about it and my dad don't know I'm being abused. I want to run away from home but so hard because I'm attached y my home. My mother is so abusive that she threatens to kill me if I tell someone about this. And just like you me and my brothers might not be alive if this keeps going on. So I think you should talk to your counselor about it or call a child abuse hotline if you want to stay alive.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 02:10 pm
@wondering-why12,
Wondering-why12, tell your dad. If that isn't possible, tell another adult in your life, such as a teacher or minister.

If that still isn't possible, please take your own advice and call a child abuse hotline.
0 Replies

fairy611

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 04:15 am
@MiniMe16,
Oh man I know exactly what your going through, honestly right now your life comes first Right now ur more important than what ur family thinks, or make your mom go through a psychiatric help and etc. and if she doesn't then off the authorities, right now shes just a biological parent, it takes a real Mother to be one, or while ur mother is getting help stay with ur grandma, u have some members in ur family u can stay with even if its with a cousin is better than nothing or living out there with so many awful situations plus harder to survive. I went through the same thing and still am and I'm 22 years old. My mother still calls my fat and ugly since i was small worthless useless, a bitch, she still tells me that she wishes i was dead (she also said it ever since years and years). she also said that abortion stuff...and when i was small i had to wear long sleeves to cover my beat up marks from her or not go to school until visible marks were healed...one time when i was small my teacher noticed and i couldnt hide it my teacher then called up someone police and they gave warning to my mother....when my mother found out that i said something...I got beat up more when i went to my home after with her alone.......she pounded in my head when i was small to not ever rat on her that shes my mother she gave birth to me etc etc so that she has the "right" to do w/e she wants with me and my life even now to honor her. she actually even kicked in the stomach plenty of times...2-3 times during my college before graduating mom almost tried to kill both of us in the highway she threaten to say she going to kill both of us while she was taking me to class because she didnt want me to have a car.. she said " to end it all "and drove faster behind a large truck..at home she even thrown me objects such as pots/pans/cups/ and even knives. she only believes that abusive is just killing someone or making someone really bleed etc. her boyfriend now even hit me and i got him through court pressed charges. I cant leave nOw because i recently graduated college trying to pay my loans i really have nowhere to go i dare not to go to friends they have their own issues and my family none im enemies with them as well and i already called the cops on her ...my brother has down syndrome and she abused him too but more me than him since im just fine...my brother is forever messed up she tries keeping him as her "lil baby" mind poisoining him and not teaching him how to survive so that she has her child" still when hes 21 years old with a mind of a child =/.......i thought as well of suicide plenty of times ...i even scarred myself spelling Hate Life back when i was 16.....but Now as i am 22 i hold back always and say i want a beautiful healthy family in the future of my own that didnt have the life i had and keep them away from her...start a new story in my life...and not End it...but i do have my moments i try wat i can. i truely hate my mother no doubt about it im only here just for shelter. im just waiting for a better paying Job to come. i cant go to family members because she lied her way through them she manipulates and makes herself the victim and i was tired to proving myself over and over everyday that she is lying and me telling my side of the story... she did this so that i have no one to go to when i want to get away from her she even said it herself "you will have no one in the family to go to No one" and so she did...i really wont mind going estrange with mother til she ends up old and ill idk i dont think she'll ever change she still believes that she did Nothing wrong even in the past she still even says now " i never did anything to you.." . i dont think my mother will change until is too late for her...unfortunately time will tell and Help for her. she doesnt want to go to any couseling whatsoever because she finds nothing wrong with herself..so please for the sake of your life and future you have one...i got through college so i can have a better future now im less worried about that...so please get out of there and move with another family member .. u wont even be able to go through school later on worst if u still be with her...i had to Dorm so that i can study well away from that pathetic parent of mine....and no i never really had a dad he left me/mom when i was 3 years old. forget about what ppl in the family going to judge and w/e i had to learn the hard hard way...u will thank yourself for being brave enough to start a better life ok? ♥ much love
0 Replies

taylor hubbert

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 03:39 pm
im taylor hubbert and my mother has been physically restraining me by sitting on my back and pulling my arms up behind my back to my head it really hurts me then she twists my arms and threatens that she is going to slam my head into a wall or throttle me, I keep saying that I am going to move out but then she says that she will report me missing and will call the police but I really want out of my house and she won't let me im scared and worried that she is going to hurt me again please help what can I do. I am 16 so I can move out.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 03:51 pm
@taylor hubbert ,
Can you go to a friend's house and talk with their parents about the situation and ask them to help you? If not, are there any trusted teachers or counselors at school that you can talk with about this?
0 Replies

Quietstar

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 05:07 pm
@MiniMe16,
Hey you , what a tough time you've had. I'm a mother and believe we are here to love and protect our kids and catch them if they having a rough time. I'm sorry that your mums a bully and taking her frustrations out on you , it's just not fair. I'm sure your counsellor is legally obliged to report child abuse. Yes you may go to a foster home . However , I have fostered around 50 children over the years. Many in your situation only come for a short period while their parents attend parenting classes and some family therapy. I've never heard one of the kids who have lived here say a bad word about being in care. They are more thankful to be kept In a safe caring environment while a plan can be made for their safe return to their birth family .
I hope you find safety soon dear as life should be fun , with lots of oppertunities for young people. You deserve a better life. Xx
0 Replies

Quietstar

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 05:11 pm
@MiniMe16,
Is this still active?
0 Replies