The Myth of a Palestinian People

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:06 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfvrie0FFYQ&feature=related

msolga

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:17 am
@JoeBruno,
Do you have any other interests you could post about, JoeBruno?

Like, wanna share some recipes? Smile

Or tell us about what you've been reading lately?

Or do you have some thoughts on the Euro & the EU?

Sorry, I haven't even read many of your threads or your comments, but it's clear you're becoming a wee bit montonous & kinda boring.
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:40 am
@msolga,
he's the semitic jgoldman10 Razz
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:41 am
@JoeBruno,
i've seen pictures of them, i'm pretty sure they're people

they're definitely human beings, just like the jews
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:45 am
@djjd62,
Rather reminds me of those "all black people are evil"-type threads.
I mean, who reads them after a while?
You don't actually need to, because you know exactly what the gist of each fresh post is going to be without even looking.
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:49 am
@msolga,
i gave up on PR and her crew, but so far i like poking mr. bruno, though i've been informed he now ignores me

me, can you believe it

i may cry Crying or Very sad

Razz
msolga

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:50 am
@djjd62,
I'm sure you asked for it, dj!
Got just what you deserved! Smile
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:57 am
@msolga,
Here is something you didn't know:If you don't like my posts, don't read them.

See how easy that was?If you had an IQ above 40, you could have figured it out yourself.
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 06:01 am
@JoeBruno,
i once knew this guy named malcolm, for some reason you'd always find him in the centre of things, he said something profound

"You're not the boss of me"

msolga

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 06:02 am
@JoeBruno,
I just sort of skim over them (or the thread titles) , Joe.
Like I said, they are kinda predictable.
I'm always interested in new posters to the site, but you're proving to be something of a disappointment, after a very short time! Wink

Seriously, how do you expect people to respond to your repetitive "message"?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:14 pm
Alas, my iPad won't play the linked video, but if it resembles the argument made by Newt Gingrich, it's accurate.

"Palestinians" are a fiction in the sense that they have nothing approaching a long history as a people, and began their "Palestinian" existence as a group of Arabs who found themselves living in an area that was identifiable because of the West's dismantling of the Ottoman Empire.

Clearly there is now a group of people who self-identify as "Palestinians," but any historical claims that extend beyond a few decades are specious.

Whether or not this has any bearing on the "Palestinian" issue is a separate discussion, but basing the so-called "Right of Return" on an historical legacy is pretty ridiculous.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:50 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i once knew this guy named malcolm, for some reason you'd always find him in the centre of things, he said something profound

"You're not the boss of me"

I see what you did there

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 04:30 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why actually refer to history when bullshit is so much more entertaining, and doesn't require hard things like thinking and study.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 04:35 am
The first mention of Palestine of which i know was by Herodotus almost 2400 years ago. It would be interesting to know upon what basis clowns claim that there were no Palestinian people before, say, the dismantling of the Osmanli Empire. Who live there before that? Nobody?

Oh i know, base your "right of return" on your ancestors having been one among several peoples who lived there almost 2000 years ago. Yeah, that's a good idea--kill anyone who gets in your way.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 03:58 pm
@Setanta,
The Father of Lies also "mentioned" Atlanteans and the Egyptian army using Phoenix as weapons., so I guess we can consider him an authority on Palestinians.

Actual historians, as opposed to those of us who are merely interested in the subject, are conflicted on the subject and so each of us could be wrongly right.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 05:55 pm
@JoeBruno,
Oh, you mean in much the same way Americans are an invented people?

Yeah, so what?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 05:56 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I know of no "actual historian" who is "conflicted" on this subject. Perhaps you have been reading (yeah, right) some zionist shills. The expression "the father of lies" comes from the bible, from John, Chapter Eight, verse 44--it is a reference to "the devil." You must really think people around here are stupid, to attempt to get away with bullshit such as that.

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Herodotus does not "mention" anything that he has not seen himself; he otherwise simply reports what people had told him. He visited Palestine himself, and he mentions Palestine at least a half dozen times. This is a typical Finn performance--since you can't answer the post, you just make **** up and attempt to turn it into a sneer. The result, however, reveals you to be a devotee of the father of lies.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 03:44 pm
@Setanta,
Well since you don't know of them, they must not exist.

I'm surprised that as often as your reference Herodotus that you are not aware that while he is generally known as The Father of History, he is also referred to as The Father of Lies of by many.

See...googling "Father of Lies" led you astray. A very typical Setanta performance.
Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 03:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I didn't have to google anything, i was already familiar with the scriptural reference. Just as i'm familiar with your bullshit routine. You've got no case, which is nothing new.
Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 03:56 pm
By the way, dipshit, i wasn't denying that Herodotus reports extravagent claims, he does it all the time. However, he carefully states that this is what he was told, he doesn't report it as the truth. You wouldd know that if you had read The Histories--which i suspect you never have.
0 Replies