Theories of The Great Pyramids.

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 03:35 pm
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
we know where, when, and we are learning how. Im not sure weve got "Why" down. We can speculate but its one of those things where "evidence" needs to be collected from writings. When they interred the bodies there were elaborate winding ways and sand locks , all were engineered with care and generations of learning. The theory of the sand traps inside the tomb areas were seen to have come from the way they carved and dug out the sphinx. They used sand and rock ledges as ways to hold objectas in place until they could be released by excavation.

I saw a set of pictures from Dr Hawi that showed a n actual brewery in the town where the tradesmen lived so there a=was an entire economy going on around the pyramid.

My new theory is this, THINK SEATTLE as Boeing gets a new contract for 100 big planes. The economy soars locally. and the town benefits all over.
Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 03:55 pm
Zahi Hawass is a way cool presenter for films, for television shows. He has good presence before the camera, and he knows his subject inside and out. I do a lot of reading, but seeing his television programs over the last ten or fifteen years re-awakened my interest in this subject. I find it hilarious to see how he cultivates a sort of academic Indiana Jones image--he's great PR for Egyptian tourism, too, i'll bet.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 04:46 pm
@Setanta,
However, after the end of the regime, he was turned on by academicians in Egypt. As youve noticed, his stage presence wasnt one that exhuded love and care for his students and colleagues. He was pitched out in the Arab Spring and only recently has he surfaced again. I dont know whether he retained his exhalted position that he had under Mubarek
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 04:51 pm
I didn't know he had gotten turfed . . . that's a shame, because he really knows his stuff . . .
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 05:10 pm
@Setanta,
I believe he hitched his stars to Mubarek and after the revolution he was left without "connections" At least thats the way I see it. Heres an article of his resignation.

Quote:
Why Dr Hawass Resigned
Q: Dr. Hawass, for many years you have been the image of modern Egyptology. Why are you leaving now?

A: “I am leaving because of a variety of important reasons. The first reason is that, during the Revolution of January 25th, the Egyptian Army protected our heritage sites and the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. However, in the last 10 days the army has left these posts because it has other tasks to do. The group now in charge of the protection of these sites is the Tourist Police, but there are no Tourist Police to do this either. Therefore, what happens? Egyptian criminals, thieves (you know, in every revolution bad people always appear…), have begun to destroy tombs. They damaged the tomb of Hetep-ka at Saqqara, the tomb of Petah-Shepses at Abu Sir and the tomb of a person called Em-pi at Giza. They attacked a storage magazine at Saqqara and we do not yet know how many artifacts are missing; they opened two storage magazines at Giza; one tomb dated to the 19th Dynasty, the only one in the Delta in fact, was damaged at Ismaïlia; and a store at El-Qantara East has been broken into and looted for antiquities. People have begun to build houses and to excavate at night, everywhere, putting heritage sites all over the country at risk. I had to write a report and I sent it to the Director of UNESCO. That is why at the meeting of the Egyptian cabinet yesterday I had my speech prepared already and I said: “I cannot stay in Egypt and see antiquities being stolen when I cannot do anything to stop it!” This situation is not for me! I have always fought to return stolen artifacts to Egypt. I did fight Ahmed Ezz as well, the man in the Parliament, who was the most powerful man, because he wanted to allow antiquities to be sold in Egypt again.
The second reason is that there are two crooks in the Antiquities Department, who have accused me of stealing antiquities and doing other illegal things all of the time. Their files talk about this. A third person started saying similar things, a university professor who was the Antiquities Director for almost 6 years before me, who never accomplished anything in that time. As a corrupt man, he even gave his signed permission to a rich lady from another Arabic country to take manuscripts out of Egypt! These three people encouraged young Egyptians to protest against me personally, to shout outside my office that they needed jobs. Sadly, I cannot give a job to everyone, but I did find funds to provide nearly 2000 training positions. In response to the horrible rumors that I am stealing antiquities. How could this be?! How could a man who has given his life to protecting and promoting antiquities, be accused later of stealing them?! Because of all of these things, I believe that if I stay in my position for another six months, I will never be able to protect the antiquities I love and I will never be able to work during this mess. All my life, I have been excavating, discovering, writing books and giving lectures all over the world. My work is responsible for bringing many tourists to Egypt, which helps our economy. But now I cannot do this! Therefore, I decided to resign”.
0 Replies

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Thank you for this Smile It was very kind Wink
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:47 pm
@izzythepush,
you bitch about RL posting 10 minute videos and then you post one that has a fuckin INTERMISSION JEEZUS CHRISE
izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:57 pm
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
I hope it helps, I saw it a few years ago, and Terry Jones keeps it fun. I'm just glad it was on youtube.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:00 pm
@farmerman,
I only posted a long video because it was relevant, and I thought it might help. What are you bitching about anyway? I said it's got beer in it. There's reason enough for you.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Im just reminding you so that when you are bitching about others videos, maybe they think their **** is relevant too. Heres a video about this point:
http:www.muthafuckavideo.com/mummiesgone wild
MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:58 pm
@Setanta,
Umm I was stating a theory, don't say i am absolutely wrong when i put down theories not my beliefs.
I am going on fact's bringing it to everyone's attention, NO Pharaoh's have been found in Pyramids(yes i acknowledged tomb robbers, but the fact still remains when they arrived there was no pharaoh). They are mainly found in Tombs that are cut into bedrock such as at the Valley of the Kings where Tut was found.
There is no physical evidence to support this theory that the Pyramids were Tombs. None. No funerary text, no hieroglyphics, nor any artifacts have ever been found to support the idea that the Chamber was a tomb. At best, the only physical evidence found to support anything are the hieroglyphic inscriptions in the upper relieving chambers that simply suggest the Great Pyramid was BUILT during Khufu reign.
There have not been any bodies, mummies,etc. found in any pyramid in Egypt. They have been found NEAR the pyramids, but never found inside. I think on one occasion the priests removed mummies from their tombs in the Valley of Kings and dumped them into a shaft under a pyramid, presumably to protect them from thieves, but other than that single case no pharaohs were found dead in a pyramid, in Egypt.
Egypt has always maintained a stranglehold on knowledge of its history.

Hahaha And a bunch of Jewish slaves lead by Charleton Heston? Very Happy Nice joke, but long movie :\ It's best I side with Sturgis on the leprechaun theory Smile

http://www.gizamap.com/geomatrix/

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Smile Im glad2, thank you again Very Happy
0 Replies

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:13 pm
@farmerman,
Smile That's awesome, thank you:)
I read there used to be a water channel under the pyramids of Giza. Zahee Hawass spent his early archeaological years draining it/them. Stephen Mehler has a good documentary with the late wisdom keeper Abd'El Hakim Awyan where he tells Stephen about swimming in those underground channels when he was a child. Also about the possibility of electricity used at Giza...

http://youtu.be/xlCW2lvacRE

Not saying i believe it, but i like to ponder on all these theories Smile
0 Replies

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:40 pm
@Rockhead,
Oh cool Smile You should have a looksy at this website...interesting Wink

http://www.gizamap.com/geomatrix/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 02:21 am
@farmerman,
Your link isn't working.

Anyway, she asked for information about Egypt so I posted a video on Egypt, she seems happy enough. I didn't post a video about the Occupy movement as seen through the eyes a Russian propaganda channel, asking if she thought the man being interviewed was a psychopath.
Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 02:51 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
I'm sorry, but your source is wonderfully evidence free--they make claims (which is what you are doing) without citing sources. If it were an organization which has internationally recognized credentials, they might get some respect--but having no name, but just a flashy web site, doesn't do the trick.

The Nationial Geographic Society considers pyramids built during the Old Kingdom to have been tombs. The National Geographic Society is an internationally recognized organization--recognized for their credentials and research. That doesn't mean that they are right and everyone else is wrong. However, the site you have linked offers no credentials, and having a flashy web site and a cool theory that excites young people anxious to believe wild theories is not a basis sufficient for me to accept their claims.
Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 02:56 am
Wikipedia also asserts that pyramids were built as tombs, that the remains of occupants have been found in these tombs, and the article cites its sources.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 03:19 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
MrsVISHOUS2012 wrote:

I would like to know your Theories in regards to the Structure of the Ancient Pyramids in Egypt.

My main theory, is economy. Let me try to explain and not bore you with the explanation.

A growing kingdom with lots of people requires that there be enough jobs for them to make their living. A smart king knows this well so he could kill two birds with one stone. Create a public works project and at the same time make it so it shows the world your greatness.

The bigger the project the more work involved and the more greatness you can show off.

Do I think slaves built the pyramids, well no and there is no evidence that says slaves built it. Where this theory comes from is the bible which is wrong. There is no archeological evidence that reveals slaves worked to build the pyramids.

The people who worked on them were average blue collar workers with some artisans and carvers. It is nothing different than what we have today. The people worked as their skills provided and were paid accordingly.

Without these jobs you would have a very impoverish society. Any one who understands anything about economics can see that these structures were the result of an economic boom. They served two purposes, to immortalize the king and to provide jobs for the people.
MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 12:07 pm
@Setanta,
Oh don't be sorry :\ I understand where you're coming from and i admit i honestly don't know what to believe. Yip i know the website was really flash hahaha the music was really dramatic and quite...crazy, and i knew it wouldn't prove **** lol
Im the one who should apologize :\ I did get ahead of myself from reading all these theories on the internet smh Thanks for bringing me back down to reality, and thank you for the link! lol :)Have you ever been to Egypt?
0 Replies

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 12:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Ohhhh! Post me the Occupy movement one! PLEASE!!!!!