11

Quickest and painless ways to die.

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 10:19 am
What are the quickest (yet painless) ways to kill oneself?

Ceili

1  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 10:23 am
I would think carbon monoxide. You just fall asleep and die.

1  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:55 am
@MellowMoe,
Get some scuba gear, including a really heavy weight belt. They say the deeper you go, the better it gets. Not sure where they got their information.

Or, a bottle of helium gas and a plastic. I have it on hearsay that in the absence of CO2, your bod doesn't even realize it is suffocating.

Note that I have never tried either, so do not speak from experience.

Ragman

6  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:11 pm
@MellowMoe,
This sort of question is very troubling. If you're serious about this issue for yourself or another person, I'm very uncomfortable about offering such advice. please seek out professional help.
MontereyJack

1  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:17 pm
What ragman said.

MontereyJack

1  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:22 pm
Watch out. Most of us have probably breathed helium from a balloon to make our voices super-high and squeaky (there was even this weird radio beer commercial, for I think Bud Light, of "helium miners" after work in a bar trying to out-macho each other, in their high squeaky helium voices while drinking Bud), but it can be fatal. Was just last weekend for a teenage girl at a party.
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/DG/20120223/NEWS01/120223007/Teenage-girl-dies-after-inhaling-helium-party

1  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
Nitrous oxide, too. If your dentist uses it, it's blended to 20% oxygen. The straight gas has been used for entertainment.

Still, I remain pro choice.

MontereyJack

2  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:15 pm
I used to have a hippie dentist who used to use his own nitrous oxide. He drilled the **** out of my teeth. I remember once sitting in his chair and saying, "Jeez, [X], I'm really getting high, are you sure this thing is working right?" And he said, "It's gotta be, the O2 tank and the nitrous oxide have different threadings, so you can't possibly misconnect them." He had misconnected them. I was getting straight nitrous and no oxygen. Lucky I'm still here. He seems to have vanished without trace.
Ragman

1  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
FYI, the girl died for a major part cause to the oxygen starvation and also because she inhaled from a pressurized tank (as opposed to inhaling helium from a baloon). The pressure from the tank shot the helium into the back of throat and sadly caused her to hemorrhage and die "... the result of an obstruction in a blood vessel caused by inhaling helium from a pressurized tank."

MellowMoe

-1  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:45 pm
@MellowMoe,
Say....if one was to swallow some cyanide. Would that burn through ones tongue. I really don't know much about cyanide at all. But what i do know is...dead or not...it would be good to have ones tongue intact. What would happen to the tongue if one was to take it. Would it be advisable for one to take some kind of anesthesia beforehand. What kind would you recommend? What can be easily gotten hold of? Any one with knowledge about third world countries (specifically Pakistan) know what kind of anesthesia is readily available there? What effect would cyanide have on ones body? How much pain would one have to endure before death if one took cyanide without any sort of anesthesia? What about with it (anesthesia)?Does cyanide definitely close the deal? What are the chances of survival having taken it? How much does one person need to take to die?

Thank you to all the people who took time out to reply to my question. Thanking in advance everyone who may reply to my questions.

1  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:52 pm
@MellowMoe,
The kind of cyanide you might breathe would cause a painful and terrifying death. It isn't to be considered
JTT

0  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
He seems to have vanished without trace.

The clear message here:

DO NOT **** WITH MJ!

Smile

MellowMoe

-1  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 02:45 pm
@roger,
Is there any form of cyanide which could be taken for a painless death.

2  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 04:04 pm
@MellowMoe,
No. Just plain no.

Butrflynet

2  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 04:56 pm
@MellowMoe,
MellowMoe wrote:

Watch a political debate 25 times repeatedly. I can't guarantee it will be painless though.
JTT

-2  
Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:25 pm
@Butrflynet,
Doesn't seem to work for Americans, BFN. Smile

maximon87

-3  
Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 08:21 am
@Ceili,
burning, as it gives you a taste of what you will go through in the afterlife. spray fuel all over yourself and light a cigar! enjoy it!

savagewoody

-1  
Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 05:19 pm
@MellowMoe,
Nitrous oxide is painless and will produce unconsciousness in a few seconds. It can be obtained from Auto speed shops. It does require a mask or some way to keep breathing it after one passes out. Nitrous oxide is not poisonous but it will not support life and will cause suffocation if one keeps breathing it after one passes out. To insure death without possible resuscitation and brain damage, one should breathe it for 15 to 20 minutes to insure death.
One way to do this is to hook a gas mask or oxygen mask to a garbage bag full of the gas.
When dentists use this gas for painless dentistry they mix the gas with oxygen to prevent asphyxiation.
The gas can also be obtained from whippets which are tiny tanks of nitrous oxide for making whipped cream. It will take a few of these and a whipped cream maker but you can fill a garbage bag with the gas from them. Also canned whip cream has this gas in them and enough can be obtained from them to fill the garbage bag also.
When kids get high from breathing whippets they usually don't breath enough to pass out or they pass out and drop the whippet and begin breathing air again so the don't die.

selfkilla

0  
Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 09:11 pm
@Ceili,
R u sho ?? Jus inhalin t s enuf s t ??

0  
Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 11:02 pm
@MellowMoe,
MellowMoe wrote:

If you are considering suicide, I bet a psychiatrist could convince you that life is worth living.

I'm not trying to trick you into anything. I heard an interview once with some ex-financial guy who had once embezzled a lot of money. When he knew he was about to be caught, he could only see suicide as a way out. But not wanting to die, he called a psychiatrist for help, and the psychiatrist was able to show him that he still had a lot to live for.