Stalin Was not a Jew

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 07:41 am
Before he entered politics, he studied to be a Georgian Orthodox priest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin#Early_life

Fido

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 08:00 am
@JoeBruno,
JoeBruno wrote:

Before he entered politics, he studied to be a Georgian Orthodox priest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin#Early_life
He was certainly a victim of child abuse, and that is not to say such violent treatment of children in that cruel and violent land was all so unusual, but that it in no small contributed to his capacity and tolerance of cruelty...
0 Replies

djjd62

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 08:08 am
@JoeBruno,
good to know, i'll have to remove him from my Hanukah card list
tsarstepan

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 12:21 pm
@JoeBruno,
And Mao wasn't from Venus. Saddam Hussein wasn't from Finland. And ... Angela Merkel isn't a Sufi poet. I could continue if you want. Do you have a valid point in this mostly useless thread?
Fido

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 02:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

And Mao wasn't from Venus. Saddam Hussein wasn't from Finland. And ... Angela Merkel isn't a Sufi poet. I could continue if you want. Do you have a valid point in this mostly useless thread?
It may have a point, like his head...
JoeBruno

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 08:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well, lots of anti-Semites claim Stalin was a Jew.I just wanted to clear that up.

I was attempting to convey information.Are you philosophically opposed to
learning anything?
JoeBruno

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 08:04 pm
@Fido,
You just wasted alot of time and energy, since I don't give a flying fud what you think about me or anything else.
JoeBruno

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 08:14 pm
@djjd62,
You should have done that in 1953, when he died.
thack45

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 08:14 pm
@JoeBruno,
You've conveyed your information. What did you expect to happen next?
tsarstepan

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 09:33 pm
@JoeBruno,
JoeBruno wrote:

Well, lots of anti-Semites claim Stalin was a Jew.I just wanted to clear that up.

learning anything?

I have a degree in history. Blurting arbitrary facts without supporting context (and Wiki doesn't count) is a big waste of time.

Answering questions (AND without letting everyone else know the question) no one asked just makes everyone question your sanity and motivation and whatever agenda you might have behind your unsolicited statement.
JoeBruno

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 10:12 pm
@thack45,
Someone will learn something they didn't know.
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 10:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
This is an open discussion forum without a moderator.I can post anything I damn well please without being solicited or asked for it.
The rules for this forum specify no context requirement at all.

I do not need your approval of my material before or after I post it.

Finally, I will let my mental state be determined by qualified professionals in the
healthcare field.I don't go to amateur historians for therapy or psychoanalysis.

Why don't you take your opinions and stick them where the sun don't shine?
I'm not the least bit interested.
0 Replies

djjd62

Thu 23 Feb, 2012 06:14 am
@JoeBruno,
JoeBruno wrote:
Are you philosophically opposed to
learning anything?

i, for one, am psychopathically opposed to learning anything
0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 23 Feb, 2012 06:20 am
@JoeBruno,
JoeBruno wrote:

learning anything?

I have never seen such a claim, but perhaps you frequent different sources from mine. My strong impression is that his real background in Georgia is very well known and that very few people are confused about his origins.
djjd62

Thu 23 Feb, 2012 06:34 am
@JoeBruno,
JoeBruno wrote:
You should have done that in 1953, when he died.

death is no excuse for not being sociable
0 Replies

Fido

Thu 23 Feb, 2012 08:50 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

JoeBruno wrote:

learning anything?

I have never seen such a claim, but perhaps you frequent different sources from mine. My strong impression is that his real background in Georgia is very well known and that very few people are confused about his origins.
The greatest anti-semite of them all, Hitler, thought Stalin was a great guy... That may simply have been the respect of one tyrant for another, but he should have had more resepct than he did...There are a number of reasons Communist Russia worked... It was not nearly so rotten as Hitler thought... There was a class structure, and pay for performance, and there was very little of class mobility... Fear and awe held the people in check, and there was work for everyone... Stalins rise to power was on the back of the bureaucracy... The very thing that was falling apart under the Czars he got up and made work for himself... He was the Autocrat of Bureaucrats, and what ever else he failed at, and he fcked up like it was his ambition to fail, his bureaucracy never failed him, and it was that which made his success in war possible.. He acted like he saved the people, but they saved him...What an asshole, but not a dumass...
0 Replies