What is the actual meaning of Meditation?

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:15 am
After browsing online, I got several meaning. But not any any meaning was satisfactory.
So, if u someone know the proper meaning of meditation please provide me with that. That would be a big help …
Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,677 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 08:12 am
@albartjhon,
Have you seen this?
http://able2know.org/topic/184520-1
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 09:35 am
@jespah,
heh heh

Joe(well, that was circular)Nation
0 Replies

NoSuchThing

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 07:14 pm
@albartjhon,
Well, Alan Watts describes best when he said “We could say that meditation doesn't have a reason or doesn't have a purpose. In this respect it's unlike almost all other things we do except perhaps making music and dancing. When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point. And exactly the same thing is true in meditation. Meditation is the discovery that the point of life is always arrived at in the immediate moment.”
sheranudeep

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 04:27 am
@NoSuchThing,
My mind wanders into different things while I am small activities like walking , watching tv , brushing teeth and is never focused on what I am doing . I started listening to meditation audio book . And that does help . I also tried "Be here now"method and that helps too .
But I am not able to do them daily as I am a student . Please guide me through this ....
0 Replies