Troubled life ends.

Happier times.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 18 • Views: 10,227 • Replies: 98

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 07:20 pm
I just heard this on the radio, i was stunned. So young, so much talent.
jespah

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 07:22 pm
@Setanta,
So much wasted potential.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 07:27 pm
@jespah,
Oh nuts, I'm sorry.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 07:30 pm
@jespah,
indeed.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 07:38 pm
How sad to hear this! She had so much talent, her singing gave me goose bumps. I remember when she sang the national anthem at one of the super bowls, it was just breathtaking .....

Her poor daughter, she's been through so much and now without a mother too!

RIP Whitney!

djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 08:09 pm
certainly a sad ending to a troubled life

not really my style of music, but i did love her collaboration with the KLF
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 08:31 pm
@CalamityJane,
That was a fantastic job she did . . . that song has embarrassed any number of singers.
chai2

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:20 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That was a fantastic job she did . . . that song has embarrassed any number of singers.

She sure did do a great job.

Yes, too sad. She had a lot of troubles.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 10:30 pm
@jespah,
48 years old.
Far too young to die.
How terribly sad.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 08:21 am
@hawkeye10,
You had plenty of time to say nasty things about her before she died. Try to demonstrate a bit of basic humanity. It's a loss, she was too young. RIP Whitney.
djjd62

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 08:43 am
@izzythepush,
in hawks defence i believe he has stated such thoughts before, and as tragic as her death may be, it's true we lost her as a talent many years ago
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 09:06 am
No disrespect izzy but I agree with dj. Hawk's post is rather callous but true to what he has written before.

Her rendition of our anthem will always be her crowning achievement although I disliked the gospel tinged vocal acrobatics she and her clones brought to pop music.

Still, a sad loss.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:07 am
@panzade,
What I'm saying is he could a least wait until the body is cold before he starts kicking off. What's wrong with waiting until after the funeral?
Ragman

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:13 am
@izzythepush,
It certainly would be less sensational. Perhaps that's not part of his game plan?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 11:56 am
@Ragman,
Pete Waterman was just interviewed on the BBC. he met Whitney Houston at a Rick Astley concert, and they did talk about doing some collaboration together, in the end they couldn't agree terms.

He said he thought the main problem was her entourage, and that he was never sure he was actually talking to her. Her entourage insisted on him calling, and referring to her as Miss Houston. At the time Waterman had a record at No 1 and he called Paul McCarney, Paul, but the entourage kept her at a distance. That's where he thought the problems started.
panzade

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
You're absolutely correct izzy, though a friend of mine posted an experience he had with her Divainess 20 years ago that shows she had already begun to show her quirky side.

Quote:
This is how I remember Whitney Houston.

I was working with a club band back in the early 90's and the guitar player worked on a backline crew providing sound and monitors for a Whitney tour rehearsal. I was sitting side stage with him when the monitors started feeding back. She grabbed her mic and slung it at his head from about 30 feet away. Clocked him right out and gave him 10 stitches. The other sound guys started heading her way and her "people" got her off stage. Her Management was quick to offer monetary payoff not to sue and report it. She may have been an icon in her genre but pure diva all the way.... This was after getting with Bobby Brown. People who worked production for her before said she was an angel to work with "Pre-Bobby".
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 01:37 pm
@panzade,
It's a shame, let's hope she's remembered for her voice.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 01:39 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It's a shame, let's hope she's remembered for her voice.

Being remembered as a cautionary tale of where drugs+self indulgence can lead would be a much better outcome. I have to side with the Christians in the grave who if here would claim that her behavior was an insult to God, her waste of her talent through self indulgence and sin deserving to be condemned loudly and clearly.