Gerald Coulson Original Oil Painting Value?

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 01:19 pm
Hi there
We have been given 'Mill in the Mist', an original oil painting by Gerald Coulson from my Mum. Just wondering if anybody has any idea what type of valuation we were looking at for it? My Mum said it cost over £100 over 30 years ago.
Thanks for your help in advance!
Claire
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 9,517 • Replies: 5
No top replies

junkmailnotus

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 09:19 am
@claireabell13,
Think you probably have a print sealed onto a canvas - if you do have the original I might be interested for sentimental reasons - I was a freind of the artist when I lived in England and he gave me a signed print of it. I love the painting and I'd love to have the original :-) Did you ever get a price? How much would you sell it for?
blondievickyhutch

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 05:00 am
Good morning i have come across a couple of spitfire oil paintings with Gerald Coulson's name on them. I have photographs of them, they are in large frames. Would anyone know of their value please and what is the best way to get them to a good home!!! One i think is called lone spitfire but not sure of the other one! Both paintings are not prints - they are very old!
Many thanks in advance
Vicky
0 Replies

Fubab

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:29 pm
@junkmailnotus,
Hi I have just read your comments about coulson's mill in the mist I believe I have the original oil on board painting I bought it about 11 years ago in an antique shop. I would consider selling it for £500 if you would like to see it or have any questions please contact me at [email protected]
0 Replies

Pat B

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 07:47 pm
Hi I have two oils of G Coulson the first one is tilted Old Leigh Hall in 1897 , and the other is Burnt Oak Farm Leigh, Essex in 1905. both are painted on Soho oil painting boards, B. DAVISON & SONS. (HACKBRIDGE ) LTD soho mills Hackbridge, Wallington, Surry. Wallington 3059. If any one has any info on them please get back to me, your Pat.
Dagoil46

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 04:58 am
@Pat B,
I bought an oil painting on canvas (B Davison & Sons Ltd), it is of a lady, she looks like a tudor maid but cant be sure. Anyone have any idea or info about this portrait, its not signed by anyone. Shirley
0 Replies