chai2

Wed 18 Apr, 2012 06:47 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I think these peacock shoes are very pretty.

I don't wear heels, but they are very nice looking.

http://media-cache8.pinterest.com/upload/205969382928211970_3tg649h0_c.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 18 Apr, 2012 06:50 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm trying but I'm not very good at pinterest. I've heard that there's a guy version out there. Gonna find it and check it out.
djjd62

Wed 18 Apr, 2012 06:52 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I've heard that there's a guy version out there.

dispinterest Razz
0 Replies

Ceili

Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:32 am
I love it. I'll tell you why, not because I can put pretty things up on my page, or show everybody what great style I have ( I already know that Wink ) but because I'm in the middle of designing my boler, garden kitchen and my (dream) house I've actually drawn up plans for all three and now I'm busy collecting all the necessary stuff to build the first two. I'm working with a blank slate in both cases and I get lots of ideas from pictures other people have taken. Now to sieve out the fantasy from the eventual reality and the limitations of my builder self...
I don't spend a lot of time organizing my pinterest page, but every single thing on my page is there for pure inspiration.
http://media-cache7.pinterest.com/upload/227150374925686716_LC36SuIP_f.jpg
I mean, seriously, who couldn't see a variation of this on my soon-to-be deck?
My boler will be a play on Canadiana, but I don't want limit my choices to red and white.. or the Hudson's Bay Blanket. I've been looking for some ideas, and I hadn't been all that lucky - Apparently, it's not the most popular theme.. lol.
Anyway, I started a page there and I'm saving all the photos, and now I've pretty much got the plan down pat. In my head...
What I love about this format is...If you hit the picture you eventually (usually) go back to the source and sometime those are the pages you really want to read, so unlike most web sites that use borrowed pictures on the net, the trail hasn't gone cold.
What I have found in the past, while searching for inspiration for other projects, is that... the net is not on the dewey decimal system. Evil or Very Mad
I can't go to the geography section and read what i want, I have to search for bits and bites. This site is at least organized by interest, and if someone likes something that I do, it might lead to further information that I otherwise would have missed because I haven't read or seen a particular publication or website before.

That being said, I can see how it wouldn't be useful or attract everyone.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 2 Dec, 2013 06:47 am

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1471914_10152080185829297_958853534_n.jpg
ossobuco

Mon 2 Dec, 2013 09:30 am
@Region Philbis,
Dammit, I forget that guys name...
timur

Mon 2 Dec, 2013 09:38 am
@ossobuco,
Gene Wilder:
http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/W/Gene-Wilder-17191558-1-402.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 2 Dec, 2013 09:39 am
@ossobuco,

willy wonka/gene wilder...
ossobuco

Mon 2 Dec, 2013 10:09 am
@ossobuco,
Nemmind, got it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 2 Dec, 2013 10:10 am
@Region Philbis,
Thanks, Timur and Reege.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:57 pm
@ehBeth,
it took three years but I'll admit it - I like it now

I've discovered that I can add youtube clips as well as links to reference materials AND patterns in addition to the traditional pix and recipes

it has been very useful in the last three weeks as a new dance troupe I'm with is coming together. I've been able to put up clips of the dance as it was performed in the 1930's on the page, in addition to costuming ideas (and patterns for the pantaloons, skirts and cholis). We've also put up samples of our troupe logo/theme for everyone to look at and consider. Very handy.

Some pages I see are still far too twee and precious for me but I've found a way to make it work so no more hating on pinterest from me.
0 Replies

jespah

Wed 1 Apr, 2015 05:53 am
I use a private board for visualizing characters. It helps to have images in front of me.

For the podcast, we pin our blog entries and our youtube videos, plus we repin anything officially Trek or that's cosplay even if it isn't Trek (although we're more inclined to post Trek cosplay). We'll pin fanfiction links, too.

It helps to make as detailed and keyword-rich a pin description as possible, so if a pin about Captain Kirk is being pinned, I make sure to include the name William Shatner in the description so I get people searching for either the character or the actor.
0 Replies

Chris Mackenzy

Sun 3 May, 2015 12:20 am
@Cycloptichorn,
One of my favorite social network
0 Replies

Mareaaa

Wed 27 May, 2015 04:16 am
@Ceili,
It has a end , its not an Infinity scroll
0 Replies