Burger King Delivers!

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:24 pm
But not in my area - check here to see if you can get delivery...

https://www.bkdelivers.com/#!welcome
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 5,331 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:29 pm
@Linkat,
http://able2know.org/topic/183241-1

Wink
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:37 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

But not in my area - check here to see if you can get delivery...

https://www.bkdelivers.com/#!welcome

I am at a loss as to why I would ever ever want to pay a delivery fee for BK, given that there is always a BK or similar fast food establishment near my location. This smacks of deperation, the brand is in very deep doo-doo do to lack of attention as well as bad moves over the last few years, of the major fast food chains only Arby's is in worse shape. I think that massively falling sales has run into the necessarily costs of reinventing the rapidly failing brand, and that new owners 3G Capital are desperately trying to find some way to thread the needle. I also think that not understanding how big the problems are 3G Capital overpaid, and are running scared now that they have figured this out.
Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:37 pm
@Questioner,
Yeah - but yours doesn't show where you can deliver

Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well its great for those that don't want to get off their fat butts and drive by one....
Questioner

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:44 pm
@Linkat,
Unfortunately . . . I've actually considered trying it out.

Says a lot about me, really.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:47 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Well its great for those that don't want to get off their fat butts and drive by one....

It is one thing to get home and eat soggy frys when you know that when you got them they were hot and crispy, it is another to have yucky fries and Whooper lettuce delivered to your door when you never had the chance to eat them when they were good. And to pay more for the food to boot. This delivery thing has either not been thought out or else it is more for PR than for anything else....PR being a desperate attempt to get something positive about BK onto the press when all the press has had to talk about for years are falling sales, franchiser unhappiness about the dollar menu and the ownership change. Even the new fries was a dud campaign, because they are not very good and because it was right on the heals of Wendy's reinventing their main burger product, thus highlighting the move the BK needs to do but so far has not.
Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:48 pm
@Questioner,
Is it in your area - just curious....although I am not huge on BK once in a while...seems they are focusing on large orders though. I do order delivery, but I have a few better quality places that have delivery - regular restaurants...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
this guy actually thought it was good - hot and crispy and they divide the stuff so it doesn't get soggy. although the delivery wasn't prompt

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rosenwald-md/post/having-it-your-way-at-home-taste-testing-burger-king-delivery/2012/01/17/gIQA1Dpx5P_blog.html
Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 05:03 pm
Ok - I'm leaving - I am very hungry now...
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 05:13 pm
@Linkat,
Interesting that they have gone to the trouble an expense of making packaging for delivery, and I bet that the new thick fry is also coated which is a way to make them stay crisp longer...a relatively new fry technology, one that I am using as well.

IF BK can get a good product to your door they still need to deal with the economics....it takes a lot of employee time to get this meal to you, not just the delivery but also the packaging it up just so and the order taking if it is done by phone. And the delivery packaging is far more expensive than is the normal. Who pays? If there is not a hefty delivery charge then the profits are gone. Delievery might well work in Europe and Asia but we must remember that there fast food is a lot more expensive than it is here, the add on delivery cost percentage wise is not going to be anywhere near what it is on the American fast food economy and litigation happy culture where delivery liability insurance is expensive if you can get it at all.

I wonder if this program will be like Subway delivery, where the choice to do it or not is left up to the franchise owner, and where few offer it because economically it is a loser in most places.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 05:15 pm
@Linkat,

wish there was a BK closer to south station.
gotta walk all the way over to park street...
ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 05:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am at a loss as to why I would ever ever want to pay a delivery fee for BK, given that there is always a BK or similar fast food establishment near my location.

why do people order pizza or anything else to be delivered to their homes? many North American consumers don't seem to mind paying for the convenience of having other foods home-delivered. why should it be different for Burger King?

if they really have the packaging sorted out, they could be on to something
chai2

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 06:50 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

why do people order pizza or anything else to be delivered to their homes?

That was exactly my thought.

Not just to home, but to your job.

You can have sushi delivered, why not burgers?

As far as the fee, well, what's your time worth if you're doing something more important than getting in your car and schleping?

Plus there's the gas, wear and tear on your vehicle, as well as taking yourself out of the equation for a potential accident.

Rockhead

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 07:01 pm
@chai2,
and folks that no longer have vehicles can eat crappy food now...
chai2

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 07:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

and folks that no longer have vehicles can eat crappy food now...

Or order good food.

Actually, there's nothing wrong with BK's regular little burgers, or their whopper jrs if let's say you don't get the mayo.
Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 07:12 pm
No mayo ? ! ? ! ?

Just shoot me now . . .

I want one a them breakfast sammiches with sausage, bacon and fried ham. Mmmmmmmmmm . . . ambrosia!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 07:13 pm
@chai2,
the meat monster...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVG10NXlJ40
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 09:01 pm
@chai2,
Our company fairly regularly orders 100 - 150 rotisserie chicken lunches for staff events. As much as we all love Swiss Chalet, there are certainly occasional rumblings that it would be nice to have burgers for a change.

The rotisserie chicken lunches usually come with fries - they're plenty crispy when they arrive.

It's not like BK has come out with a wildly new technology. They're just adapting it an accepted concept.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 09:56 pm
@ehBeth,
I find it telling that when Subway tested delivery they like BK chose to do it in DC....the economy there is not like the rest of the country due to the growth of the federal government, in DC people will still pop for delivery because they often still have well paying jobs. Out in the rest of the country the best performing pizza chain over five years not only does not deliver but does not bake either, that being Papa Murphy's. Dominoes here is doing very well but increasingly their sales are walk up not delivery. Papa Johns is in big trouble, Pizza hut has massively shrunk their delivery area in order to discourage it, Little Caesars stopped delivery a long time ago and our only local pizza delivery outfit is on deaths door. If I want pizza at home and dont want to cook I either go to Papa Murphy's or Costco, as do a whole lot of other people. The American drive up window is still huge, but in this economy delivery is mostly something that we used to do back when we had more money in our pockets.