The Lies, foibles and misrepresentations of John Kerry

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 09:39 am
Quote:
Bush clearly believes that the government is in better financial shape allowing small businesses to survive, i.e. not taxing them into oblivion.
What percentage of small business owners make $200,000 a year? Go ahead, look it up.

Quote:
On the other hand, claiming that " I voted for the bill before I voted against it" is an indication of a confused state of mind.

Only if you play the game of cutting off the quote before it ends, but Kerry has admitted it was a bad way of putting it. That happens when you are attempting to explain a complex issue in simple terms. For the President, it's not a complex issue, but then, nothing is. That's his delusion and his chief flaw, IMO.

Rolling back the tax cut to pay for the war seems to me to be the most patriotic method, one would think that those taxpayers would be the first to come forward and insist that the war be fully funded and not by deficit spending, but, you know, they can support their President in other ways like creating jobs. Oops, not so much there either. We need to create 150,000 jobs a month in this economy just to stay ahead of the number of people coming into the job market. This administration is the first in seventy years not to achieve that minimal standard.

Quote:
We went into WW-II before we were ready to go also. You go into a war when it happens and when the need arises.

Regarding the war in Iraq, I think history will show that they panicked, 9/11 spooked them badly (me too) because they weren't paying attention to the rise of Al Queda, Rice thought and still thinks in terms of Nation-State threats. It's just not that way anymore. They looked around for another nation to attack after Afghanistan, they should have been looking for terror cells which is hard to do with an army, but possible with good intelligence on the ground.

And thanks for this:
Quote:
The incompetents in the picture are the clowns in charge of the previous administration.

That really brings back the old days when everything was Clinton's fault. Maybe it would be easier for the neo-cons if Kerry won and then they could go back to carping from the sidelines and stop trying to make their oddball ideas into reality which hasn't worked out so far.

Oh and I forget. What was the Bush administration's response the bombing of the Cole? They complained after the election of Bush that not enough had been done, so what was it they did after he entered office?

Oh, yes, we gave them the silent treatment.

Joe
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:19 pm
Joe Nation wrote:

Regarding the war in Iraq, I think history will show that they panicked, 9/11 spooked them badly (me too) because they weren't paying attention to the rise of Al Queda, Rice thought and still thinks in terms of Nation-State threats. It's just not that way anymore. They looked around for another nation to attack after Afghanistan, they should have been looking for terror cells which is hard to do with an army, but possible with good intelligence on the ground.

To my knowledge, on this planet at least, there is no longer any open range or unclaimed territory from which a terrorist organization like AlQuaeda could plausibly operate. Terrorists require some sort of a base of operations. W. has put sufficient pressure on a number of countries that they are no longer willingly allowing such operations, and the one or two governmenets which are figure to get taken down. Several major successes have arisen from the present effort, most notably Libya.

In the case of Iraq, you had some unfinished business sitting there in the form of an old lunatic with a monster grudge and the financial wherewithal in the form of oil-4-food dollars to translate that grudge into mayhem in large quantities. The Duelfer report notes recipients of bribes from that mayhem found to include UN officials, officials of the French, German, and Russian governments, and a major financial backker of John F'ing Kerry, the democrat candidate for president.

Hussein had 500 tons of uranium sitting around, and mobile bioweaponry labs which deluded leftwing media types have categorized as mobile biomass processing labs for producing hydrogen for barrage balloons, presumably to prevent the English and Germans from flying their Fokkers and Sopwith Camels over Iraq in a rerun of WW-I.

All of that is aside from circumstantial evidence linking Hussein to a baker's dozen terrorist events over the last decade including a known attempt on the life of George HW Bush, the Oklahoma City Event, the original World Trade Tower bombing, and the anthrax attacks which followed 9-11.

I've said this before, we had to start someplace in the middle east and you might could have picked a place to start by flipping a coin, but to me at least, Iraq makes at least as much sense as starting anywhere else.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:53 pm
Quote:
All of that is aside from circumstantial evidence linking Hussein to a baker's dozen terrorist events over the last decade including a known attempt on the life of George HW Bush, the Oklahoma City Event, the original World Trade Tower bombing, and the anthrax attacks which followed 9-11.

Wow. Yes. The Iraqis tried to wack George HW and Clinton blew up their intelligence center in the middle of Bagdad and that, according to every intelligence source I can find, was that.

Please spare me the freaks that link Timothy McVeigh to Saddam, he had many, more revolutionary, friends in Idaho. And by the way those wackos are still in Boise. You might want to check in with them to see about their supply of anthrax. Patriots all. Rolling Eyes

And as for holding the countries where Al Queda hides responible: Right now, there are probably more Al Queda in New York City than there were in Bagdad before the war. No wonder I love getting on the subway everyday.

Sleep well up there in the Allagash.

Joe

PS Why are you so willing to take the word of Kaddaffi when he says he is dis-armed?? Do you really like the guy?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:18 pm
He invited in inspectors and complied with them 100%, unlike Saddam.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 08:09 pm
Oh yeah, the guy that denied for three years having anything to do with PAN AM 103, the guy who was buying nukes from North Korea while Saddam was trying to make a little sarin, the guy who defined the term 'paranoid eccentric', he's your baby now because he says he's letting in the sunshine.

Hey, want to buy this bridge I own in Manhattan?

Joe
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 08:14 pm
Perhaps another read will help.

Lash wrote:
He invited in inspectors and complied with them 100%, unlike Saddam.
0 Replies