What to do with (eww) Maple Flavoured Vodka?

Mame

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 01:04 pm
I don't drink hard liquour so I have no idea what to do with this stuff but my husband had a sip and said it was disgusting. Unfortunately, he received two bottles of it and now we need to know how to serve it. Should I throw some bacon and waffle into a glass and pour this stuff over it?

ossobuco

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 01:14 pm
Put it into some kind of homemade gelato? 'Course, it'll last you years at that rate.
Give it to someone who likes sweet drinks?
Put over vanilla ice cream, maybe with some added walnuts or pecans?
Put it in some cake recipe?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 01:22 pm
Pour it down the drain. Wink
Region Philbis

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 02:04 pm
@edgarblythe,

that, or give it to your neighborhood wino...
ossobuco

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 02:42 pm
@Region Philbis,
After pouring it out, save the bottles and make a bottle window..

http://www.beercanhouse.org/images/gallery/203GlassBottleFenceinBackyard1996.jpg
0 Replies

wandeljw

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 02:52 pm
@Mame,
pour it over yourself and then ask your husband if it tastes any better

(I apologize in advance. Please don't put me on ignore, Mame)
Mame

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 03:02 pm
@wandeljw,
LOL - He liked "throw it down the drain" best. But he's determined to find a cocktail to serve people. What goes with maple syrup besides waffles and bacon? The gelato idea is a good one but I don't really like maple syrup or ice cream and what would I do with that much of it? It's a dilemma.
tsarstepan

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 03:17 pm
@Mame,
Can you bake it into cake mixture? Cakes or cupcakes perhaps. The alcohol will dissipate in the baking process.

Or make a bacon (vodka) martini.

Maple flavored vodka plus vermouth plus a strip of extra crispy bacon (in lieu of an olive). Maybe add a touch of real maple syrup to taste and color....
ossobuco

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 03:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060728210605AAqw4b9

My idea of how to ruin teriyaki or baked beans (I don't like sweet baked beans, despite some boston heritage).
ossobuco

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 03:22 pm
@ossobuco,
More - drink recipes

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/maple-flavored-vodka
Mame

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hey, that's not a bad idea... I'll tell him about it, but really, ewwww.
0 Replies

Mame

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, I googled that site and they're using vanilla vodka and maple syrup. I just can't think how it could be an attractive drink with maple syrup in it. It's so sweet.
JPB

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:47 pm
@Mame,
Someone else was recently asking about coconut vodka. I have no idea re either. She gave the coconut vodka away to someone who was going to use it instead of rum in pina coladas. Maybe you could mix it with kaluha and cream for a maple-flavored white russian?
0 Replies

djjd62

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:59 pm
you could use it to pickle walnuts
ossobuco

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 05:06 pm
@djjd62,
very in..ter..es..ting..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 05:14 pm
What goes with maple syrup? This brings back a vestigial memory that might be a false one. Here goes: when I learned to cook in the girl scouts (maybe six sessions taught by Mrs. Radcliffe, biscuits, popovers, pralines, fudge, some other stuff, I think we were ten or eleven), I swear the pralines had maple syrup as an ingredient. Maybe it was only Mrs. R's personal recipe, or maybe I misremember and mix it up with maple sugar candy, which I must have tried a piece of on an early trip to Canada. Anyway, that may be why I mentioned pecans.

Now how that could work with a drink is beyond my scope, but JPB's white russian reference could somehow tie in. Think of it, death by choking on pecan chunks in a white russian...
Or maybe pecan flavoring exists, like almond flavoring does.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 06:39 pm
@Mame,
what goes with maple syrup besides waffles and bacon???

Pancakes of course - pancakes.

And I used to love maple syrup sundaes ---- I could only get these at DQ - but now I don't even see that on DQ's choices of sundaes.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 06:41 pm
And the other night - I tried tequila jalpeno - I told the waiter I needed more horseradish for my raw oysters as I love the spice - so he brought me over a small amount of this to try. I couldn't finish it - it had quite a bite.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 08:47 pm
How about 1 part maple vodka, 1 part brandy, 2 parts cream. Shake with ice, serve in a wine glass with chocolate shavings on top.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 11:00 pm
You could just make a present of these bottles to Spendius. I gather he'll drink anything.
0 Replies