the "dear leader" is gone: North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dead

msolga

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 10:04 pm
@Hjarloprillar,
I have no argument at all re your assertion that Australian governments (not necessarily always the Australian people) tend to be brown-nosed in these things. (England & the "empire" prior to the US).
I disagree with you about Indonesia having "no interest in superpowers". There is quite a bit of information available about covert influence on what occurred there in the mid-sixties, easily Googled.

It sounds like your argument is about means justifying ends & I disagree vehemently, particularly when the ends come at the expense of human rights & civilian deaths.
If you consider those sorts of concerns merely "emotional" ones, I also disagree. Obviously.

Hjarloprillar

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 10:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
From Wiki

Geopolitics, from Greek Γη (earth) and Πολιτική (politics) in broad terms, is a theory that describes the relation between politics and territory whether on local or international scale.

It comprises the art and practice of analyzing, proscribing, forecasting, and the using of political power over a given territory. Specifically, is a method of foreign policy analysis, which seeks to understand, explain and predict international political behaviour primarily in terms of geographical variables. Those geographical variables generally are: geographic location of the country or countries in question, size of the countries involved, climate of the region the countries are in, topography of the region, demography, natural resources available in the territory, technological development.[1] Traditionally, the term has applied primarily to the impact of geography on politics(and likewise), but its usage has evolved over the past century to encompass wider connotations.
Hjarloprillar

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 10:56 pm
@msolga,
No the australian people dont agree with me.. thats because they have little idea of world politics or the power of the military.
Australians think they are free and fine because.. well. its the sunny country.
What bad can happen here?
Most australians still think galipoli was our idea and we died valiantly.
When it was englands plan for us to die like dogs in the mud. to distract the turks. [and for no other reason than distraction]
As a military historian.. There is NO WAY we could have breached the dardanel pen.

True.. the US and others stuck their noses int indonesia over the years.
As you say the 60's
I dont need to google

I am some what mystified. I imagined my path was 'the ends do not justify the means.'
This is why i was being honest
If i tried to show how we are being lied to and used.
It may sink in

Not using emotion is science.
And only science.
Observation

how many have died in afghanistan?
google it
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:01 pm
@Hjarloprillar,
Lemme know where u r running,
so I can VOTE for u !
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:06 pm
@Hjarloprillar,
Which part of what you're saying don't "the Australian people" agree with? Confused
(I'm Australian, btw)

Many would not be remotely surprised that we've been "lied to & used", by our own government/s & others. Just like people in many other countries. Wikileaks revelations have simply added to the existing list.

To tell the truth, I'm not quite clear about what your argument is, exactly.
Hjarloprillar

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:19 pm
@msolga,
"I have no argument at all re your assertion that Australian governments (not necessarily always the Australian people) tend to be brown-nosed in these things. (England & the "empire" prior to the US)"

So as you are an aussie.. you object to being classified as 'one of the group'
You KNOW more than other aussies.. maybe true
Indeed likely
Or you would not be here.

Why are not all other ausies commenting.. cause they are not here.. they are watching big brother.
Being proles

Lied to and used .. in 1915?
Not many would know what the f your on about
conspiracy is not a thing
It is a meme for modern people to lament

True conspiracy is history 'a priori'
google it
msolga

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:24 pm
@Hjarloprillar,
Quote:
google it

No, I doubt I will, thanks. Smile

Leaving this here for now.
dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:33 pm
@Hjarloprillar,
There's hardly any of us doofus.

This is a predominantly US site.

Look om my works, ye mighty, and despair.

Hang around without blathering for a bit and you might learn something.

Bet you can't!
Hjarloprillar

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:33 pm
@msolga,
of course..

I understand when one wades too far into the ocean.
fear

prill
msolga

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:36 pm
@Hjarloprillar,
That's funny. Smile
It's just that you're not making too much sense.

Hjarloprillar

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:43 pm
@dlowan,
Oh ozimandias.. i look at your works.. and laugh.
You dusty old bag of bones

Oh . you may be suprised. YOU may learn something.

And why the reference to it being a US site?
I like americans.
American politics is a new learning curve of adventure.
They defeated the USSR without trying. Thats awesome stuff.
And by a hack moviestar president called Reagan.
In the 70's i said.. by turn of century USSR will be gone.
I should write a book.. The new Nostradamus

When Arnie becomes president..THEN i will be happy
0 Replies

Hjarloprillar

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:48 pm
@msolga,
"It's just that you're not making too much sense. "

You have it ass backwards. It just that you are incapable of understanding thinking beyond you intelligence.
Which is pretty personal.
You try to drag conversation down to personal.. and i followed.. My BAD.

No more
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 11:48 pm
From ABC news, including video reports:

Quote:

Secrecy surrounds Kim's state funeral
Updated December 28, 2011 16:30:09

The funeral ceremonies for former North Korean leader Kim Jong-il are underway in Pyongyang.

Pictures broadcast on North Korean state television showed a limousine bearing a huge portrait of a smiling Kim Jong-il leading the funeral cortege, which began moving slowly from the Kumsusan Memorial Palace.

A hearse carrying the coffin was led by a weeping Kim Jong-un, accompanied Jang Song-thaek, his uncle and a key powerbroker in the transition, and Ri Yong-ho, the army chief of staff.

Successor Kim Jong-un was dressed in black and bare-headed and gloveless despite the cold.

Tens of thousands of troops standing in the snow bowed their heads as the hearse drove past.

Earlier, a massed military band was shown playing sombre music as mourners streamed past Kim's body.

The exact details of the funeral service itself were a closely guarded secret, but North Korea watchers expected it to be roughly the same as that for the country's first leader Kim Il-sung.

The motorcade is expected to pass through the streets of Pyongyang via a series of military honour guards before returning to Kumsusan Memorial Palace where Kim Jong-il's body will remain on display.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/3740852-3x2-340x227.jpg

Korean Central TV still of Kim Jong-il's body lying in a glass coffin in Pyongyang on December 20, 2011. Photo: Burial today: Kim Jong-il's body lying in a glass coffin in Pyongyang (Reuters/North Korean TV)

Hundreds of thousands of mourners were expected to take part in the ceremonies and there were reports that North Koreans working overseas had been ordered to return home to take part in the national show of grief.

South Korean press reports suggested truckloads of flowers had been imported from China and said a group of Russian embalmers were en route to Pyongyang to embalm Kim's body.

Mourning will officially end tomorrow with a nationwide memorial service including a three-minute silence at noon. Trains, ships and other vehicles will sound their hooters.

Kim Jong-un will become the third member of the family to run the country. ....<cont>

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-28/funeral-for-kim-jong-il/3749230
roger

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 12:13 am
@msolga,
Damn. Next thing you know, they are going to send the Dear Body out to be bronzed.
msolga

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 12:24 am
@roger,
Incredible, isn't it?
No cost spared.

The money being splashed about would feed a lot of north Koreans for quite a while, probably.
Hjarloprillar

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 12:41 am
@msolga,
Show respect.. go to knees.
or be executed
If Eisenhower had been a 'bad man'.. Americans would be cringing at his name. They would fall to knees and humble . As would the world. American global dictatorship hinged on the intentions of a very few in the 50's. And Such a thing was well with ability of US.
Luckily He was a good man. This is not the best of all possible worlds.
But it certainly is not the worst
0 Replies