How many people here are Born-Again Christians?

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 03:47 pm
I am a Born-Again Christian - it is important to me that I associate with other Christians. Please introduce yourselves. Thank you.

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 03:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
One is the loneliest number and I think you might be a party of 1 on a2k.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 04:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'd call myself a Christian - although what is the deal with born again? I mean I know what it is supposed to be in a sense but-to me you either are a Christian or not.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 06:50 am
"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." ~ Mark Twain

"Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't." ~Mark Twain

"The history of our race, and each individual's experience, are sown thick with evidence that a truth is not hard to kill and that a lie told well is immortal. "
~Mark Twain

"Do not run from the truth. There be nought so hard to live with as a lie."
~Kathryn L. Nelson, Pemberley Manor, 2006

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it."
~Andre Gide

"The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth."
~Edith Sitwell

"Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.' "
~Kahlil Gibran

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
~Lenin
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 07:10 am
I'm not sure about the christian thing, but I suspect that I'm a born again labrador as I have an unremitting urge to pee every time I pass a lamp post.

Does that count?
djjd62

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 07:18 am
i often find myself bored again with christianity

however

a few years ago i went through a bit of a reincarnation phase and believed i was the born again Count of Monte Christo
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 12:02 am
Why is this thread tagged with a "humor" tag? There is nothing FUNNY about me wanting to talk to and fellowship with other Christians.

I need to fellowship with other CHRISTIANS- not some MANIACS or LOWLIFES who attack or berate Christians or don't want to hear about God.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 12:04 am
@JGoldman10,
Oh, look, even bigger letters.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 07:45 am
I was born again this morning. I’m a lesbian now. Shocked
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 11:00 am
@JGoldman10,
Hello Goldilox...

Let me tell you about some Christians. Christians what were born again.
Ted Haggard
Jim Bakker
George Shinn.

Today we will focus on old George.

A seemingly decent man, motivated millions, wrote books about his saintliness, swore up and down how Godopholus had rescued him and how he now devoted his life to said Lord. Even scribbled a book about it back in the late 1970s (you will note here Goldilox he actually wrote a book, far ahead of you).
http://www.historybound.net/catalog/images/archive1/16417.jpg
You have to chuckle when seeing the comment on the book cover.
"From the brink of bankruptcy to a flourishing business empire in 4 years-God's answer to one prayer of dedication."
More like Satan's answer to one vow of deception, considering where George Shinn landed next.

"First, some background.

George Shinn's kidnapping-for-sex scandal (Shinn was exonerated of the criminal charges, but admitted the sex, and shortly afterward his accuser's husband appears to have committed suicide) got the team run out of Charlotte. According to Business Week he also admitted to a two year dalliance with a Hornets' cheerleader. Shinn was married during both affairs."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/835/shameless-hornet-george-shinn
http://www.villagevoice.com/1998-12-01/news/billionaire-boys-club/

But don't worry Goldilox, his sinning...conning, adultery, etc. etc. have brought to him an estimated worth of one hundred million dollars

Are you like George Shinn? If so, by being a liar and a fake...which you are, you can be a millionaire, even a billionaire. Your posts here and your disgusting comments and attacks Goldilox, show you to be yet another faux Christian.

Or are you a Christian like Reverend Lowell, who denied a man a ******* ham sandwich because "we only had one for each of us" at some idiot lunch he held for several church people. The reverend had a salary and a cupboard and refrigerator well stocked at home, yet he couldn't hand over his stinking sandwich to the man at the door.

Or you like Reverend Bill out of a Presby. unit in the midwest? Found him recently, stark naked on an Internet site. I wasn't sure at first, then noticed the Presby cross around the neck and his ring on his right hand pinky finger.

To be a true Christian like George, Bill and Lowell, you will have to do more than quote scripture and leap about like a hyena on a gin run with a thousand dollars to spend.

I myself was baptised, of course I was blessed by the rabbi before that, so in a sense I can classify as born again and then I became a church member, so I was born yet again, then I sampled a few church member members, so I really felt the spirit...or more precisely I felt the spurt.

I have a higher power, I call them Godopholus, we argue regularly. Not a big follower of old Jesus, he was yet another Hunan...or was he Hungarian?

0 Replies

bornagain

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 09:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
Dear Sir/Madam: I am born again! Pleased to meet you. You are welcome to chat with me if you are interested. Christ be with you.
0 Replies

GoodGuyColin

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 02:57 pm
@Old Goat,
Congrats this so good. In any case what makes the BORN AGAIN so special?What about all the thousands of people that lived before Jesus arrived? Why did GOD wait until Jesus to save the world? What about all the millions of good people that lived before Jesus??
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 10:32 pm
I'm wondering how many born-again Druids are on A2K. I'm trying to form a rugby team and prefer to acknowledge only fellow BAD's. I should warn EVERYBODY I CAN PRINT IN LARGE HUMONGOUS LETTERS TOO.

Seriously, if you want to converse with like-minded humorless folks, sign up with a cult.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 06:12 am
Happy Easter!!
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 05:17 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Why is this thread tagged with a "humor" tag? There is nothing FUNNY about me wanting to talk to and fellowship with other Christians.

I need to fellowship with other CHRISTIANS- not some MANIACS or LOWLIFES who attack or berate Christians or don't want to hear about God.

Believe it or not, I am a baptized in full emersion born again Christian.

So it seems there are two of us in this forum.

However getting angry and shouting at people is not the way to go.

I concur with you about the "God-Haters" but leave it to God to judge them!

You are welcome to contact me privately on my email address below!

[email protected]
0 Replies

sunmirosenberg

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 09:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
Hi, my name is Rick, and yours?
0 Replies