Bank Bailouts, with Interest

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 05:22 pm
I have had a question on my mind the last few days...

Did the federal government give middle class tax payer money to banks without interest? (Money we borrowed from China.) If so, why should banks be exempt from their own cut throat practices? This money should be paid back to the middle class with the same exorbitant interest rates that the banks charge onto, say, a loan given to a farmer or a "risky" homeowner. Do the banks ever give interest free loans? Why should they get one from the middle class taxpayers who they have decimated with their corrupt banking practices?

They know how to artificially boost the home values and give high interest loans to poor people maybe they should learn to payback their own high interest loans and see how it feel to be swamped in corporate greed?...

What is good for the goose is good for the gander!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,042 • Replies: 2
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:49 am
Does anybody know offhand at what interest rate this bailout money was given to the banks? They do have to pay it back don't they?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 01:51 pm
Here in Maine we bailout boats that take on too much water, in Washington DC they bailout banks that take on too much risk. I have more faith in leaky boats rather than greedy banks. Smile
0 Replies