OSCARS! The Nominations Are In!

willow tl

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 12:42 am
Seems Sean has grown up a bit..I thought all the gowns too pale...the best was Jennifer Garner in that wonder orange gown, i thought she looked stunning.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 10:33 am
Billy Crystal's movie montage in the beginning was hilarious. You're right -- no real surprises. I was wondering about the backlash with Sean Penn's past alienation of the Hollwood community. Obviously, when someone turns in a performance of the quality he did in "Mystic River," it doesn't matter. As far as Hollywood goes, 11 of the Oscars did go to New Zealand after all. That tied LOTR with "Ben Hur" and "Titanic." It was curious that LOTR did not get nominated for cinematography -- so many CGI effects in the final episode? "Master's" cinematography is incredible.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 11:11 am
Renee Zellweger finally got an oscar. About 2 nomination late in my opinion but better late than never.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 11:14 am
Renee stood out in the film even above two skillful actors -- I just don't believe the story translated to film all that well. Anthony still has to make his masterpiece.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 11:21 am
I was disappointed that Keisha Castle-Hughes did not win. I was really impressed with her performance in Whale Rider and suspect we will be seeing her again.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 03:31 pm
I love "Whale Rider" and will plan on seeing it again. As this was a first role and considering her young age, it's phenominal. I think as was said above that Zellwegger was given the award for the body of her work up to now. I liked her dress, too, but I hope she had something to change into for the parties. It looked rather "starchy."
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 03:56 pm
Looking at her at the podium the word teutonic came to mind, but maybe that's just me.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 04:00 pm
i thought renee's dress looked like a spring wedding gown...was not impressed...:-))
0 Replies