Christians- what do you think of these Christian comic ideas?

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 12:53 am
I have a few that I came up with:

Paul Parrot and Company, or Birds of a Feather. This is a series about a mild-mannered parrot named Paul Parrot who strives to be a good Christian, all the while trying to fit in with others - he means well but he doesn't realize what an annoyance he somewhat is. He has some bird friends who are like his voice of reason. At first he is reluctant to go to church - his friends try to encourage him to go, his pastor and deacon go and visit his house and encourage Paul to go but he doesn't want to, until he goes out and sees his friends going to church and getting blessed. There is a pair of troublemakers, the Dirty Rabbit Brothers, Jack and Buck, who try to cause trouble for the birds, and they have a cousing named Bonnie who is friends with the birds. One day there is a church bazaar and all the birds in town except Paul are there, and Bonnie goes and tells Paul that her cousins are the bazaar trying to cause trouble for the birds. Paul goes to it and becomes a reluctant hero, inadvertently saving the day, and decides from that point on that he sees the value of going to church and makes an effort to go to church from that point on. Paul's bird friends are there to try to keep Paul out of trouble. Each story ends with a valuable Christian lesson.

The Promised Lambs. In this series, There is a shepherd, Mr. Shepherd, who tends to a flock of talking sheep. There is one sheep who is the main character,and he and the other sheep follow Mr. Shepherd and strive to be good sheep. There is a fox and wolf who try to cause trouble for the sheep and There is also Mr. Herder, a rival goat herder, who tries to cause trouble for Mr. Herder and Mr. Herder's goats try to cause trouble for the sheep. Mr. Shepherd fights the fox and wolf, Mr. Herder and the goats with the Word of God. Each story teaches a good Christian lesson.

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,539 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 07:37 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Jack and Buck, who try to cause trouble for the birds, and they have a cousing named Bonnie

What's a cousing? Is that like a cursing eater of couscous? Perhaps when Bonnie appears you can play theme music.

<Hit it fellas!>

"My Bonnie lies over the ocean, My Bonnie lies over the sea, Oh why does she lie so to me? Barbecue, barbecue, oh barbecue Bonnie for me-e-e." (notice how Barney could also fit into the lyrics, and your bird could look like Congressman Barney Frank)
Quote:
There is also Mr. Herder, a rival goat herder, who tries to cause trouble for Mr. Herder

Why is Mr.Herder trying to cause trouble for himself? Is he suffering from mental illness and has multiple personalities like Sybil?
I fed the name into Google and got this image for Sybil
http://i.fanpix.net/images/orig/0/s/0se4kamticm8mcm.jpg Whadda ya think? Hot ain't she?

Quote:
What do you think?
Your idea sounds very narrow. It would probably only appeal to a very narrow age range. Maybe ages 5-8. I figure 5 as the age where they are able to read on their own, and about age 8, the characters would become a bit childish for them.

I also think you need more animals, and you must decide all the bird species. Be careful, because not all birds work well together.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 08:04 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I have a few that I came up with:

Paul Parrot and Company, or Birds of a Feather. This is a series about a mild-mannered parrot named Paul Parrot who strives to be a good Christian, all the while trying to fit in with others - he means well but he doesn't realize what an annoyance he somewhat is. He has some bird friends who are like his voice of reason. At first he is reluctant to go to church - his friends try to encourage him to go, his pastor and deacon go and visit his house and encourage Paul to go but he doesn't want to, until he goes out and sees his friends going to church and getting blessed. There is a pair of troublemakers, the Dirty Rabbit Brothers, Jack and Buck, who try to cause trouble for the birds, and they have a cousing named Bonnie who is friends with the birds. One day there is a church bazaar and all the birds in town except Paul are there, and Bonnie goes and tells Paul that her cousins are the bazaar trying to cause trouble for the birds. Paul goes to it and becomes a reluctant hero, inadvertently saving the day, and decides from that point on that he sees the value of going to church and makes an effort to go to church from that point on. Paul's bird friends are there to try to keep Paul out of trouble. Each story ends with a valuable Christian lesson with good passages of Scripture.

The Promised Lambs. In this series, There is a shepherd, Mr. Shepherd, who tends to a flock of talking sheep. There is one sheep who is the main character, and he and the other sheep follow Mr. Shepherd and strive to be good sheep. There is a fox and wolf who try to cause trouble for the sheep and There is also Mr. Herder, a rival goat herder, who tries to cause trouble for Mr. Shepherd and Mr. Herder's goats try to cause trouble for the sheep. Mr. Shepherd fights the fox and wolf, Mr. Herder and the goats with the Word of God. Each story teaches a good Christian lesson with good passages of Scripture.

What do you think?

In the first series, Jack and Buck Rabbit and Bonnie Rabbit are puns - do you get it?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 03:55 pm
These are series for children- the kids will like them.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 05:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
I doubt they are either that slow in the brain or that desperate for garbage.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 05:08 pm
@Sturgis,
Blasphemy- these are Christian comics for CHILDREN.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 05:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Blasphemy- these are Christian comics for CHILDREN.
So who are you getting to create them for you?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 05:11 pm
@Sturgis,
I am creating them. I also have some ideas for Christian superhero and action hero comics.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 05:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I am creating them. I also have some ideas for Christian superhero and action hero comics.

Where have I heard that before?

Oh, that's right, it's the same nonsense you've been cackling for the last few years, and still not a thing has been produced.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 11:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
Think of comics based on old Hollywood cartoons and old TV cartoons but with a Christian sensibility. They need more Christian comics out there.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 10:15 am
Christian kids need more Christian influences. These comics can teach them how to fight and deal with stuff by using the Word Of God.

These can also get other kids to look at them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 10:57 am
I would like to see these comics put out at comic book conventions.
0 Replies