LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:13 am
Last day of November, first snow this winter. The little dogs will be happy (i'll be airing the little doggies soon after i feed them their lunch). Anyone else seen the white stuff yet?

Sturgis

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:25 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Last day of November, first snow this winter. The little dogs will be happy (i'll be airing the little doggies soon after i feed them their lunch). Anyone else seen the white stuff yet?

Such amateurs.

We had snow in October and Memphis had a few inches just the other day, you are way behind schedule.

By the way, I realize you are in a foreign land; but, I am rather certain that winter doesn't officially arrive there for another few weeks so it's actually an autumn snowfall.

Now go put on your galoshes so you don't ruin your shoes as you frolic in the snow. Enjoy!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:27 am
@Setanta,
Sorry but I do not recall..what geographic area are you?
djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:37 am
@Setanta,
we got a centimetre or so of wet snow over night, it's starting to melt now
ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:41 am
@djjd62,
the stuff that fell in downtown Tranna this morning is already gone

I think I'm happy about that
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:46 am
@Ragman,
Earth . . . third planet from our star?
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:47 am
@ehBeth,
It ain't gone here. Everything is frosted. Even the crack addicts hangin' out down by the corner store--you know, frosted flakes? (hehehe . . . i crack me up)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 11:48 am
@Setanta,
In NYC today, it has not snown
so far as I am aware.

David
Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:04 pm
@Setanta,
nevah been there.. 'cept on vaca. How's the surfing there?
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:07 pm
@Ragman,
You ain'ta wanna gonna do that at our beach . . .
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:29 pm
@Setanta,
We had snow last month in NYC and the Northeast. That made me happy. Hoping we get a bumper crop of snow this year.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:30 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

so far as I am aware.

David

David, Mother Nature is a New Yorker I hear.
RexDraconis111

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:34 pm
@Setanta,
Way back in October here in Colorado. However, lately the weather's been nice, keeping winter at bay Smile . Oh how I dread the coming of Winter. Sad
rosborne979

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:45 pm
@Setanta,
We got pounded in late October (early for us) by a wet snow which crushed power lines all across New England and gave the politicians a chance to schmooze for votes by whining about the power companies. But the snow melted within a few days and now it's been a very abnormally warm November. Temps were in the 60's last week and they will be in the 50's next week (December).
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:00 pm
@rosborne979,
According to CBC, some 30,000+ Hydro customers are without power because the heavy, wet snow and overnight freezing rain brought down power lines. Here, the sun is showing her face intermittently and now the snow is melting off all of the houses. Sounds like rain out there. Oh well, off to air the doggies.
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:01 pm
@RexDraconis111,
I don't dread winter. I do hope for light snow, because shovelling the walks is heavy labor, but i don't mind the season.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:03 pm
Yep, we gots us some snow, several times already... last week it was -20C, -30 with the wind chill... then it went up to 5... anyhoo, we have snow and I'm getting my snowies put on today. Made the appt 3 weeks ago.

Set, did you watch (or do you even care about?) the Grey Cup? Not an exciting game, by any means, but I'm glad the drought for BC is over.
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:04 pm
@Mame,
Naw, i don't watch the Superbowl, either. I did hear a lot of news stories about how the police in BC were ready for rioters, though.
Mame

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:08 pm
@Setanta,
They were everywhere but nothing untoward happened. Everyone was at the parties the various teams put on. It was actually quite a quiet Grey Cup, compared to Calgary's. Wonder if Wally's going to retire now.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

so far as I am aware.

David
David, Mother Nature is a New Yorker I hear.
Yes; NY is the Fountain of Life.

Florida is the Fountain of Youth; I am going there next week.

David
0 Replies