I am still waiting to hear from God loving people.

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 12:03 pm
Like the title reads, I am still waiting to hear from God loving people.
What are you doing? What is your church doing? Is your church speaking out against corporate corruption and all other forms of corruption?
Are you finding homes for the homeless or are you saying no camping move along?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,536 • Replies: 63
No top replies

thack45

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 02:36 pm
@reasoning logic,
I assume you're just asking the god loving people that aren't doing these things. Or are you implying that religious people in general have responsibilities to society that non-religious don't? You've taken no issue with the latter.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 02:55 pm
@thack45,
I would like to hear from anyone theist or atheist who finds our system to be morally bankrupt and closer to being psychopathic than a system that has been socially engineered for the well being of society.

I am interested in all points of views but would really like to hear from church members on how they feel and what they think should be done.
wayne

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm agreed with Thack, you seem to assume the church has some sort of obligation here. We don't live in a Theocracy, the responsibility of the church is spiritual well-being, not political change. What should be done about the state of the country is not a religious question, to imply that it is only fosters the idea of a church state.
Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:14 pm
This is a fuckin' bait thread--step right up, folks, i want to vilify and denigrate you based upon unsubstantiated criticisms i've cobbled together . . . just for the purpose ! ! !

He's surprised no one has taken the bait? In addition to assuming that religiously devout people are whited sephulchres full of dead men's bones and all things unclean, he apparently assumes they're really, really stupid, too.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:15 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
the responsibility of the church is spiritual well-being
How do you like this spiritual well-being so far? Seems a bit psychopathic to me. Do you think that it is wrong for the church to call any of societies problems what they are?
Is there anything at all that the church can condemn past or present? Slavery, women's rights, non land owner rights to vote.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:18 pm
@Setanta,
I was going to tag this Setanta but I figured that emotions would do just fine.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:19 pm
@Setanta,
Laughing

I'm trying to think but I can't stop laughing from the heading as well as your post. (not the OP's)

Homeless.... You don't have to go to Church to have a heart, and in that therefore to help.

God loving people - waiting to hear from them.... but you are okay with hearing from athiests....

Drunk Drunk
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:21 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL must be soul music
Setanta

Bait thread, bait thread ! ! !

Step right up, if you believe in God, we want to humiliate and scorn you. Remember, we can't have a crusade without Ay-rabs to kill. Step right up ! ! !
0 Replies

wayne

@reasoning logic,
It's obvious to me that you are lacking a great deal in understanding.
The church isn't there to prevent Tornadoes, man made or not. The church is there to help people deal with the consequences of daily life on a planet such as earth.
You really ought to try and gain some wisdom before you profess to have any.
thack45

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:22 pm
@wayne,
I'll go you one better... the responsibility of "the church" is whatever responsibility it may impose upon itself. Same as the other religions and factions
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:23 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
The church is there to help people deal with the consequences of daily life on a planet such as earth.

Are you speaking for all churches?

Quote:

I do not recall making such a claim. Do I sense correctly that you are making this claim?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
Must it?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
Okay some of them are run by evil, to suck you into joining, to pay them lots of money weekly, so they can drive their nice cars...But, hey, they use the Bible at least, so at least those people are getting something for their money
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:29 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
they use the Bible at least, so at least those people are getting something for their money

Can we say the same thing about the Quran?
wayne

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:31 pm
@thack45,
Oh there's no doubt that many churches assume responsibility beyond the spirit, sometimes that's even a good thing.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:33 pm
@wayne,
I have seen some very caring God loving people who teach what I would consider to be ethical behavior just in case some people think that I might be blinded to such people.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
“What God writes on your forehead you will become.” - quran
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
That is man.... His own persona, as he has trust from those who believe in him, he adds his own beliefs as well....in hope that it will also be heard
0 Replies