Executing interactive Flash Animations on iPad

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 08:28 am
Subject - Executing interactive Flash Animations on iPad

I have been working on a proposal, this involves executing flash animations on iPad, it has been more than 2 months and i could not find a solution

Short Summary - There are about 1000 Animations which are in a PHP website, it has Interactivity in it and User can select a language (Multi Lingual)
And, client wants that, they should also work on iPad with the same setup, i.e., animations will be on web server and user should be able to view them in iPad

Current Technology - They have been built in Action Script 2.0 and Adobe Flash CS3

Long Summary - We want to find a way to achieve what currently works in desktop browser.
And, we have been trying following things
1. HTML 5(We tried for breaking the animation into images and load these images as a sequence but device takes a much load to fetch and run them. It utilizes 100% CPU )
2. Flash Builder 4.5, but, the results are not good enough and the animations get embedded into Application
3. We also tried for Wallby software from Adobe which converts the Flash to HTML but result is again not good means quality of animation degrades.

Please let me know if anybody have any alternative solutions either using any of the Adobe Tools or Totally different approach

One idea we have been thinking is to create sequence of images from the flash file and write a native iPad app which will fetch these images from webserver (using web services or direct http links) and then play them on iPad using some technique.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,036 • Replies: 0
No top replies