Butterfly Effect

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 10:47 am
Who saw this movie and thought it was a waste of time? Not only that a disturbing movie too. A movie can be disturbing a bit just to the point so you can understand the character and how he/she is acting on the situation, but some of this stuff was uncalled for. I walked out half way through.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 956 • Replies: 6
No top replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 01:09 pm
I liked it. I thought it showed very well the consequences of messing with time, if one indeed could go back and change something. What was uncalled for, if you don't mind?
0 Replies

Shadowless-Nightmare

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:04 pm
Disturbing? Yes... This movie is so real its scary. No offense but I think you should have stayed in the movie theater and watched it to the end. I too would like to know what was uncalled for.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:23 pm
Also...if you walked out Guitarman, how can you judge the entire movie? By walking out, you were not able to see the fullness of the plot...you missed out really. Again, what was uncalled for?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 07:40 pm
It was a bit longer than it needed to be but, I can understand why it was all included so, it worked okay. Considering the subject manner-the editing was right on so, it worked well.
The acting wasnt the most superb but, I didnt want to walk out either so, eh, its fine.
I thought the idea was fresh and it had a plot so you know, compared to most movies today--it was worth it.
A great deal of movies I usually say--wait to rent it,and this one I wouldnt say wait but, I wouldnt say run out and make sure you catch it in the theater either.

Sorry but, I think you should have stayed and watched the whole thing. Yes, it did have some disturbing subject matter. It did address these issues however and how small differences you make can affect not only the situation but also the outcome-even if it did show it in a time changing sort of way, it still stood up to those items and did not in any way condone them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 11:19 pm
I'd say wait and rent it - or at least do what we did and go for a matine. I think I'd have been irked if I'd paid full price.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:04 pm
Well, yes, the matinee is a good idea for this one....or rent it...no rush/invade your day or anything crazy
0 Replies